Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Karen - sending prayers and glad you will be leaving to be with DS. Nothing comforts as well as MOM.

Julie- sorry about the snow and loss of power. You & your DH are such wonderful church members and do so much. Such a busy lady and able to manage pain too.

Congratulations on DD announcement. I agree that we shall hope he is the right one to treat here with love and respect and that they can parent each other's children with the same love. The counseling will help.

Happy Easter to all.

Joyce

Karen - Hugs - Prayer being said... Like Phyl says not your fault.. He's young - he will be fine - you guys have all of us sending our love & prayers to you !!!!

Safe trip and keep us posted when you can..

Julie - OMG girl - you are one busy lady - all that cooking !!!!

I'm pooped just reading it...

Hi all.......

Wanted to wish you all a Happy Easter....May you all have a peaceful, meaningful and enjoyable one!

Enjoy the day..I hope its sunny and nice out and all the easter egg hunts can be done outside!

I was banded on 3/29/10 and have not been able to get in the amount of liquid I am supposed to. I am supposed to get in 2 ounces every 15 minutes. I got in 6 ounces in about 45 mins this morning, and another 4 ounces this afternoon. I am also sipping on Water, the gas pains are awful, and I am not really hungry. Is this normal?

I was banded on March 9th and I know how you feel about those liquids!!! I also cant get enough even now. In the beginning I was only on "clear" liquids the first week. I tried to sip grape juice and apple juice watered. sugar free Ice pops, Sugar Free Jello, more Soup more juice more water etc etc. Besides the Protein Drinks. Not easy but I tried...never got to 64oz even now...but after several weeks...I was able to drink at least 3oz in a half hour....now I can drink more which helps.....chin up, try to drink as much as possible....I also wasnt hungry until maybe last week/.....I was like hmmm I think I might be hungry!

Good luck

OK...crooked bunny cake is made. One ear is larger than the other. I didn't want him to feel bad so I told him the story of my one boob being bigger than the other. Now he has the smile back on his face. See?

OMG he/she is so cute!!! I love this bunny cake!!! Hope you all enjoy it!!!

[

Julie...OMG im so happy for you all!!!

Im glad you thought about all the questions but seems like all is good!! Its good that they are waiting till after summer...this will give you all enough time to get to know each other and spend time before the planning...which we who have been married know can sometimes be so trying at times!!! Oh, Enjoy this time....

OK Friends..got a call from youngest in Atlanta. He just got out of surgery. Called his dad when we were having lunch. Was loud in the restaurant so DH stepped outside. He has been having a difficult time with kidney stones the last few months. Anyway...yesterday he was at his bank and went down. Ambulance trip to hospital and they had to go into the kidney to remove a mega-sized stone and they found infection in the kidney. Doc stated he would need to do kidney removal if anti-biotic does not kick it.

This just sounds so drastic. And, DH did not THINK to ask what hospital he is in. Gotta see in the next couple of hours if I can track him down through friends. I have tried and tried his phone in the last hour but no answer. I imagine he is out of it if he just got our of surgery. I DETEST that I have passed this on to my boys.

Anyway, those who say prayers, please pray that he does not lose that kidney. Thanks for listening. Love you guys

Im so sorry to hear this..I hope your son has a speedy recovery!! Im glad you will be with him soon.

Its scary no matter what age...to be in the hospital. Nothing like mom to be with. Have an easy flight.

Okay, must go now...big day of cooking again tomorrow for the last two days of passover. I hope you all have a great day.....and enjoy Easter Sunday!

Jodi

Watching the 10 Commandments - Sorta an Easter Tradition for me ;0)

Watching the 10 Commandments - Sorta an Easter Tradition for me ;0)

I'm watching it too. Love that movie, but wow have special effects ever changed.

Hi and Happy Easter everyone! Apples, praying for you and your DS -- have a safe trip. It's great that you're able to go -- he'll really appreciate having his Mama there to help him recover.

Happy Easter to everyone else. I'll try to post tomorrow - too late and I need sleep. I've been so busy - will catch up tomorrow. Love you all. Linda

Happy Easter morning to everyone.. I'm up early to get ready to leave by 5:30..... Sunrise service at 6:30 and I have so much to do before hand and a 20 minute drive, too...But all will be well as they got generators hooked up so we could have power... Otherwise the lines are still down... Not a good thing.....

We watched the 10 Commandments last night, too, but I had to tape part and go to bed at 10:15.. Up at 4:00.....

Apples so glad you got in touch and that you are headed out.... Yup no matter how big they still need Mom at times like this... You take care and know we are praying for your safe journey and his good health....

Love you all.............. Have a blessed Easter day.... Julie

Happy Easter Everyone!

I missed the Ten Commandments last night. It is a tradtion with me too. We went to Easter Service with DD, DS, DDIL, and 5 of our GKS. I was blessed! Now I am going this morning to meet and greet and the church.

Oh, I bought BBQ last night for our dinner. I could only eat one slice of turkey. I have found I do have restriction. I just had stretched out my pouch with carbs. I will weigh on Wednesday. The PA said I should only lose between 2-3lbs a week. I'll take that!

Hey! My goodness they should pay you! I am 6 days down the line, with gas pains, and restriction. I am feeling really down, and ALMOST wish I hadnt had this done. What scares me is that my belly is going to be this swollen, and the gas is going to be this bad for ever. I hear lots of people talk about gas on here, and it sounds grim. SO, if you can link me up to a buddy, I would be very grateful. I am in the UK, if that makes any difference.....

HAPPY EASTER

Hope everyone has a really wonderful day!

eva

Hey! My goodness they should pay you! I am 6 days down the line, with gas pains, and restriction. I am feeling really down, and ALMOST wish I hadnt had this done. What scares me is that my belly is going to be this swollen, and the gas is going to be this bad for ever. I hear lots of people talk about gas on here, and it sounds grim. SO, if you can link me up to a buddy, I would be very grateful. I am in the UK, if that makes any difference.....

Jojodisco

You found buddies here - just come back - are you walking are your taking your gas x strips - Ya you have restrictiion that's why you got the band - you have to get use to that mentally as well as physically - it's an adjustment - you are use to eating more - you want to eat more - but with the band you can't..

Walk walk walk and gas x-strips - the only time I said wth have i done was when I woke up from surgery ..

112 lbs lighter now a days - have maintain the weight loss for almost 2 yrs now (7/10 will be 3 yrs banded)

Feel 10 yrs younger and have 100% more energy...

Give it time in 3 yrs you won't even remember this discomfort...

Happy Easter !!!

Easter Flowers for you all

Edited by IndioGirl55

Good Morning Gang...

Hope everyone is having a nice Easter - Enjoying your church services (me watching on t.v. ;0)

Apples - Hugs how's your DS doing - How are you doing - Can you call the doc yourself .... Continued prayers...

Julie - I know you are busy today - but a good busy - Enjoy

Yep 10 commandment great movie for Easter.. I recorded it too cuz I went to bed around 10ish and the movie wasn't over till 11:44 - so will watch it again today...

Making pork tenderloin (bbqing) asparagus and maybe some potatoes..

Have talked to DS & Family this morning - wishing them Happy Easter - Now off to get dressed and maybe go to Kmart and get a bike - $79 in the ad today for a beach cruise...