Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Oh wouldn't that be cool !!! Where in California??

I thought the dish was a cassarole type dish.. You know me 1 pot ;0) - Chipolte got me :thumbdown:

Ok I can take a complement - I will say thank you - but I have that little normal voice in the back of my head saying - oh you just don't know ;0) - I thi nk even pple who have been thin all their lives still have things they don't like about themsleves..

Ya my gf candy who I went and played bingo with the other night - was talking to one of the insurance company underwriters telling her that she use to work at my office - the underwriter said which one's Janet - so Candy said the one who speaks her mind - then the underwriter said - oh the petite girl - lol... Candy is my BFF she celebrates my weight lost even though she's still a bbw (big beautiful woman) She's always telling me how wonderful I look..

Janet...if you are looking for a good chipolte seasoning, Mrs. Dash has a great one. Also, a Tomato, basil, garlic one that I really like. You can use them in rice instead of potatoes or on veggies and meats.

DS is searching in a couple of areas. His GF is a law student and she is doing the next year out there. He did live in Santa Barbara for a little more than a year and really like that area. Won't know for a bit. Not sure if he will fly, instruct or both. I know you are a few hours from that area but I'm adventerous when it comes to driving and flying. (Would have my own pilot to fly me down).

I was going to comment on you being petite. It fits you. I can't help it that your head comes up to the top of my leg. We still mesh!

Hey guys~

Apples, you are so right about what you said about extended family. Nuts.. Ha ha.

Well, I managed to really make my Dad mad today. I posted a pic to my Facebook of him sitting on the porch- and his step sister called from Turkey and told him she LOVED the photo that Laura just posted. Well, he said it was invasion of privacy and mean, etc. I felt horrible, no ill will intended. But I think he looks good today and it does put some family and friends a little at ease seeing him up and about. But didn't think someone would comment to him so quickly or at all. I was so proud of him for getting up and going outside. ugghhh. Feel like shit. I love my Dad and would never in a million years want to hurt his feelings.

I need to go pack. Miss my DH and ready to go home. I haven't been very good with food this week- am feeling a little puffy. Refuse to weigh myself. Time to get back on track.

peasout.. Laura

Janet - love the FB compliment. You deserve it with all the hard work you did to achieve success and maintain it. You looked like a model in that gorgeous outfit. Your avatar is also very attractive. Not wrinkled at all - attractive. Funny how the little voice in our heads wants us to feel "less than".....

Karen - our daughter lived in Santa Barbara for a couple years. I love, love the airport there - so little and charming. And I adore Santa Barbara. I could never afford to live there - but it is great to visit.

If DS moves there, and if you visit and would be interested, I'd love to meet you there. Will give me something to dream about tonight.

I'm little afraid - the first fill is tomorrow - but I know I need it with no weight loss since March 10th. It still amazes me that the 18 lb. lost has remained gone. yippee

However I'm only 7 lbs. from onederland and I'm very anxious to see those numbers again. Not since 2007.

It WILL happen.

Laura - so sorry your Dad was upset with you. Your intentions were very good & I'm sorry he upset you.

Don't worry about not eating perfectly. Your parents are in a very stressful chapter of their lives and their issues make life difficult for you also. It is easy to see what a loving daughter you are. They are very lucky to have you.

Well, I managed to really make my Dad mad today. I posted a pic to my Facebook of him sitting on the porch- and his step sister called from Turkey and told him she LOVED the photo that Laura just posted. Well, he said it was invasion of privacy and mean, etc. I felt horrible, no ill will intended. But I think he looks good today and it does put some family and friends a little at ease seeing him up and about. But didn't think someone would comment to him so quickly or at all. I was so proud of him for getting up and going outside. ugghhh. Feel like shit. I love my Dad and would never in a million years want to hurt his feelings.

I need to go pack. Miss my DH and ready to go home. I haven't been very good with food this week- am feeling a little puffy. Refuse to weigh myself. Time to get back on ]track. peasout.. Laura

So sorry you upset your dad! I thought it was a great picture. I would think family would want to see how he is doing!! You had good intentions! Don't feel bad about it!

Our last night in Sky Valley and I am so sad! Sat out on the neighbor's patio with several other couples most of the evening! Had way too much wine and now very melancholy about leaving! Can't wait until we're back in Oct!.

Hi dear ones, I'm still up... I had a very long day with Mimi... She was a pistol today... Just into everything and wanting to be testy and naughty......Has a cough still, so she fell asleep at naptime only to be woken up by the dang cough after only 20 minutes and then never went back down... Finally got her to sleep at 10:00 this evening... she is staying over as DD had to make a trip to see DF (dear Fiancee) after work... His daughter's mother found out he was engaged and really drug him over the coals.... Was very nasty and really shook his confidence.. Called DD to ask if she was sure she wanted to be with him forever...... Now the dang woman won't quit texting him saying dumb things... they are both a bit upset now.... His dad, the minister, was there to help them sort through some things so that was good.. Tomorrow they are going ring shopping, but he sent her home tonight with one of his rings on her finger so she would not doubt him.... Said his dad did that for his mother before they could afford a diamond... I think things have been going so fast that now that reality is settling in they have more to think about... which is why they need pre-marital counseling.. DD did speak to our pastor on Sunday and they have e-mailed about it already... this is good....

My shoulder is hurting now, so I'm up doing my rituals to try to get it to calm down... No news from Doc about the treatment being approved yet... Mimi has her surgery on Thursday, so hope they don't set it for then....

I'm so far behind with posts that I feel awful about it.. I care so much about what is going on with everyone, but haven't the time or energy to comment again tonight... Mimi will be with her mother tomorrow after she wakes up so maybe I can get some things caught up here and in my house, too....

You all are having a restful night I hope.... Talk to you all tomorrow.... Hugs... Julie

Laura...try not to feel bad about your dad being upset with you. You know he loves ya! And, with everything that is going on with him, you know he is not himself. I will never forget how a really good friend of ours changed after an illness. He could bite! It just wasn't like him. As others have said, your intentions were well-meaning.

Phyll...sorry you have to leave your "happy place". I know exactly how you are feeling. It's like me turning the key in the door on that last day at the lake for the season. I can hardly get the key in cuz the tears are blocking the way. Have safe travels. Once you get home, you will be so happy to be there. It is tough saying goodbye to good friends though. From the sound of your posts, you have had a wonderful season down there. Be safe.

Joyce...it WOULD be great to get together out in CA (or any place). We'll see where DS ends up out there. I never know with him. He's my "happy wanderer". He's working on a couple of jobs out there. He's self employed right now so this will be a big change for him. I think a good change and will take off some of the pressure he puts on himself.

Julie...sounds like DD and DF have a great support system. Hope they can get things settled down with his X.

Have a busy day ahead. Plan on doing windows and finish the cleaning I did not get done yesterday in the lower level of the house. Wake tonight for a good friend's father. Still dark outside but I can see the flag just a-blowin'...gonna be a windy day.

You all have a good one!

Janet...if you are looking for a good chipolte seasoning, Mrs. Dash has a great one. Also, a Tomato, basil, garlic one that I really like. You can use them in rice instead of potatoes or on veggies and meats.

DS is searching in a couple of areas. His GF is a law student and she is doing the next year out there. He did live in Santa Barbara for a little more than a year and really like that area. Won't know for a bit. Not sure if he will fly, instruct or both. I know you are a few hours from that area but I'm adventerous when it comes to driving and flying. (Would have my own pilot to fly me down).

Well can't wait to see where he moves - How cool to have your own pilot :0)

I was going to comment on you being petite. It fits you. I can't help it that your head comes up to the top of my leg. We still mesh!
Hey guys~

Apples, you are so right about what you said about extended family. Nuts.. Ha ha.

I need to go pack. Miss my DH and ready to go home. I haven't been very good with food this week- am feeling a little puffy. Refuse to weigh myself. Time to get back on track.

peasout.. Laura

Laura - Hugs on Dad - he's of a diff generation thats all - have a safe trip home - You will be fine once you get back to your own routine and food..

Janet - love the FB compliment. You deserve it with all the hard work you did to achieve success and maintain it. You looked like a model in that gorgeous outfit. Your avatar is also very attractive. Not wrinkled at all - attractive. Funny how the little voice in our heads wants us to feel "less than".....

Karen - our daughter lived in Santa Barbara for a couple years. I love, love the airport there - so little and charming. And I adore Santa Barbara. I could never afford to live there - but it is great to visit.

If DS moves there, and if you visit and would be interested, I'd love to meet you there. Will give me something to dream about tonight.

I'm little afraid - the first fill is tomorrow - but I know I need it with no weight loss since March 10th. It still amazes me that the 18 lb. lost has remained gone. yippee

However I'm only 7 lbs. from onederland and I'm very anxious to see those numbers again. Not since 2007.

It WILL happen.

Joyce - good luck on your fill it will be fine we were all nervous with our 1st one - cuz it's just that - wow 7 lbs from onderland - wtg

lol you are like me about thinking about pleasent stuff when trying to go to sleep - last night - house on the beach fell right to sleep..

So sorry you upset your dad! I thought it was a great picture. I would think family would want to see how he is doing!! You had good intentions! Don't feel bad about it!

Our last night in Sky Valley and I am so sad! Sat out on the neighbor's patio with several other couples most of the evening! Had way too much wine and now very melancholy about leaving! Can't wait until we're back in Oct!.

you just need to move here full time ;0) - safe trip have fun at the jazz fest..

Hi dear ones, I'm still up... I had a very long day with Mimi... She was a pistol today... Just into everything and wanting to be testy and naughty......Has a cough still, so she fell asleep at naptime only to be woken up by the dang cough after only 20 minutes and then never went back down... Finally got her to sleep at 10:00 this evening... she is staying over as DD had to make a trip to see DF (dear Fiancee) after work... His daughter's mother found out he was engaged and really drug him over the coals.... Was very nasty and really shook his confidence.. Called DD to ask if she was sure she wanted to be with him forever...... Now the dang woman won't quit texting him saying dumb things... they are both a bit upset now.... His dad, the minister, was there to help them sort through some things so that was good.. Tomorrow they are going ring shopping, but he sent her home tonight with one of his rings on her finger so she would not doubt him.... Said his dad did that for his mother before they could afford a diamond... I think things have been going so fast that now that reality is settling in they have more to think about... which is why they need pre-marital counseling.. DD did speak to our pastor on Sunday and they have e-mailed about it already... this is good....

My shoulder is hurting now, so I'm up doing my rituals to try to get it to calm down... No news from Doc about the treatment being approved yet... Mimi has her surgery on Thursday, so hope they don't set it for then....

I'm so far behind with posts that I feel awful about it.. I care so much about what is going on with everyone, but haven't the time or energy to comment again tonight... Mimi will be with her mother tomorrow after she wakes up so maybe I can get some things caught up here and in my house, too....

You all are having a restful night I hope.... Talk to you all tomorrow.... Hugs... Julie

Oh Julie - the mother is just being a b cuz her x is moving on - it will be ok..

Laura...try not to feel bad about your dad being upset with you. You know he loves ya! And, with everything that is going on with him, you know he is not himself. I will never forget how a really good friend of ours changed after an illness. He could bite! It just wasn't like him. As others have said, your intentions were well-meaning.

Phyll...sorry you have to leave your "happy place". I know exactly how you are feeling. It's like me turning the key in the door on that last day at the lake for the season. I can hardly get the key in cuz the tears are blocking the way. Have safe travels. Once you get home, you will be so happy to be there. It is tough saying goodbye to good friends though. From the sound of your posts, you have had a wonderful season down there. Be safe.

Joyce...it WOULD be great to get together out in CA (or any place). We'll see where DS ends up out there. I never know with him. He's my "happy wanderer". He's working on a couple of jobs out there. He's self employed right now so this will be a big change for him. I think a good change and will take off some of the pressure he puts on himself.

Julie...sounds like DD and DF have a great support system. Hope they can get things settled down with his X.

Have a busy day ahead. Plan on doing windows and finish the cleaning I did not get done yesterday in the lower level of the house. Wake tonight for a good friend's father. Still dark outside but I can see the flag just a-blowin'...gonna be a windy day.

You all have a good one!

Windows not something I do often - as soon as I do them it rains or the wind blows

Well just a drive by - need to hit the showers - not much to report - dinner one pot wonder and pb on the first few bites and I really didn't eat fast -

Watched idol - and dancing w/the stars - that's about it

another busy day at work -

cbl

Janet...have my pilot but would have to rent the plane. But, would take any opportunity to fly with my DS and to be able to come down and visit you.

Joyce...good luck with your first fill. Hope it give you the tweek you need. Just keep in mind it might take a couple to get you to where you want to be. This stage of the LB journey takes some patience. Let us know how it goes.

Guess I'll have to take a trip to CA too if you show up Apples.

Fly by...have to meet a customer this morning. Lots of stuff going on as usual. Maybe electric gets cut over today...we'll see.

Talk to you all later.

EVa

Hey Gang !!!

Apples glad to hear DS is on the mend... Yep you need a week or 2 without any issues :0) Hugs !!! Lets' make it a year :0)..

JoJodisco - how are you feeling today

Mommy - I know a few pple who have gone to Mx to get banded not an issue - the issue is finding a doc to give you fills if you can't travel back to mexico to get them - they have Fill Centers USA - they do them for the pple who where banded in mex..

As to your bmi - it's 30 now - most of us where a lot higher - mine was 42.something 250 5'5 - I lost 112 lbs - so you need to lose 25 lbs -

If it takes 900 cal for you to maintain 140 - even with the band that's not going to change - I eat about 1200-1600 cal daily and exercise 3-4 days a week - cardio & weight training and I am able to maintain 138-143 weight..

We don't keep our bands so tight that we can't eat - we just eat smaller portions - and we can still consume 3000 cal if we choose too - we can eat around our bands w/no problems - the band doesn't restrict things like ice cream candy - gravy butter etc - it stops you from eating an 16 oz steak ..

2Plus4 - Welcome - come jump right on in !!!

Eva - Love your Cakes - Yep the flowers are in my back yard - thought I would send my girls - Easter Bouquets :0)

Great - Sorry I missed you - Enjoy and relax..

Julie - I bet you are just overtired from all that work you have done - hope you get some sleep..

Laura - I need to come and kick your sil butt.. Hell I have a family of picky eaters (Joseph Andrew & Kaitlin) Me & Melissa will eat any and every thing and Brooke is right behind us.. I always have cheese & refried Beans for my Kaitlin so that if she doesn't like what we are eating for dinner she can fix a burritto or baked potatoe..

pple just don't understand that kids have taste too - they don't like everything .. When Joseph was little we would go to mex restaurant - he would order pork chops - So if you every come to my house - Nelson will have something to eat

Is your sil big or small or just a b..

Ok I forgot who has a dog like angel - and doesn't know how to attach picture - she's suppose to be 5-7 lbs and she's 10 lbs - She's her mama's baby..

To attach a pic - hit reply - scroll down till you see manage attachments - click on that - then click on browse and go to where your pics are - click on the one you want then click on up load..

Joyce - I wouldn't want to be on that trial - but I don't mind a 3-4 day trial - I wouldn't want a murder one at all..

WTG on food choices - Yep as each day goes by and each new situation comes up you will learn how to deal w/them -

being prepared and planning is the key..

LauraK - thanks for the complement - I took the pic of the flowers for you all yesterday morning and when I down loaded them to computer - Andrew's bday pic where on there - forgot all about them - and it's from that pic - I will be posting at the bottom of this note - it's a really good pic of us even if I do say so my self..

Linda - Thanks too for the props about me and my Andrew - yep I think he's handsome - but again he's my grandson ;0)

He's not tall enough to be a model - he got his grandma & mom's short gene ;0)

Well gang - it's 8:10 and I still have groceries to put up - had to go after gym cuz Andrew didn't have anything to eat (junk but not to worry it's nothing I want or eat) and I don't know what I want - not really hungry..

Yesterday went to bed bath & beyond got new bedspread (quilt) and so cleaned my room - then had the little EQ - for me it wasn't about much - was a good roller one but nothing bad - but my DS MIL lives in El Centro (not far from the epicenter) she lost her tv and some crystal and drywall has some cracks at the seams - she lives in a 2 story house - but everyone is ok..

Work is work still not any better - and I didn't sleep well last night either - so I am signing off..

If I missed you wasn't on purpose - Love to you all

Thats is such a beautiful outfit and you are looking awesome.

Hi guys~

Today is a better day. Just a tad better. Dad really had a tough day with chemo yesterday. pp and poo accidents @ infusion center. Two chemo agents at the same time are tough. Blood sugar in the 500s doesn't make you feel to great either. Just a pissy mood. Can't blame him.

Nels came up with the idea yesterday to buy grandpa a betta fish. He was with auntie- who quickly obliged. He put a little gold catfish looking thing in too (so scientific of me). The betta is "grandpa fish" and the other, you guessed... "nelson fish". Now dad has something to look at when he doesn't want to watch the lake or tv.

Went with mom to have her mammogram today. She put it off for 6 months b/c dad has been so sick. Told her to stop taking herself off the list. (easier said than done). We had a nice talk the 30 min drive there and back. Everyone needs to vent.

We head back to FL tomorrow morning. Weather is supposed to be great. Nels is ready to see Daddy. I told DH I was going to the spa. Ha. Kidding, but was nice to hear him say, "of course honey, you've had a tough week". He's the best. He won't admit it, but I think he has had a good "break" from us. Sitting in boxers, watching tv, eating what he wants without clearing it with the bandster...etc. He slept until 930 yest (after night of call). He forgot garbage day TWICE though! ughhh. Men.

Apples~ happy cleaning. : ) Glad your DS is doing so well! He must be feeling better if he is flying.

Julie~ Wet concrete. yuck. Have fun with little bear and little mimi.

Eva~wtg on the walk!!!

Janet~hope ur day at work is ok. I know it has been tough lately. I hear ya on the heat over snow, me too.

Cheri~ Interesting thought on your DD. My SIL btw, whoever asked, is not overweight. She is retired army leut./nurse and plays tennis, jogs, whatever. She will cancel on anyone if she has workout planned. It's not just not noticing or commenting on our weight loss (she is against bariatric surgery and told us that before), but she also NEVER asks my Dad how he is feeling. She is from a cold cold family- old fashioned German heritage. (not that the German is cause- I know many kind, fuzzy German folk). Anyway, it is what it is.

Gotta go. Will CBL. sorry for those of you I forgot or didnt' comment on. peas

Nels is so sweet what a perfect gift.

Hey guys~

peasout.. Laura

Sorry you two have gotten upset. I want to post pictures of my new little neice for yall but my sil says it creeps her out to think of pictures of her baby being on the internet. We know you didn't mean any harm by it.

My visit to Boston is going well. The towns up here look so differnt then florida. So many houses with history here instead of all the developments in Florida. My neice is adorable and I just love rocking her. I only get a short rock though before she wants momma again.

I receive some really bad news a couple days ago. A little girl drowned in my Dads pool. It has been all over the news. Charges are pending. My Dad and stepmom are in the mist of a divorce and he moved out 2 years ago. My stepmom, adult sister and her boyfriend, and teenage sister all lived there with the boyfriends children. I never trusted my stepmom with my child and was too scared of something like this that I never left her alone with him. I felt guilty about it but this has reaffirmed my decision. It scares me to think how this could have been my child if I had given into my guilt. Mommies out there go with your instincts. I am so sad that there is a mother out there missing her child and I am scared to see what charges are going to come out of this.

Morning all......... I got my 3 1/2 hours of sleep, then Mimi started coughing about 6:30..... Finally got some cough medicine in her, but she was awake.. She actually slept quite well from 10:00 on.... then gave her a bath and got her dressed and DH took her to daycare to her mother when he went to work at 8:00... I've had a shower and am now into paperwork sitting by my desk, so thought I would try to catch up here, too... I'm looking forward to an afternoon nap... tomorrow will be a long day in surgery and recovery with Mimi and DD... Expect DD to be the one who is the hardest.... worrying about her baby and all..... Need to make sure and take my pills to keep ME calm....!!!!!

Apples, your son does move around.. and he likes all areas... hope he picks a good place for both of you...

Janet, I hope you are right about DF's X..... that she will calm down and go away soon.... I'm not a window person either.... My spring cleaning as a whole is on hold until we get started on our project... Will be tearing down a wall and replacing flooring and will need to paint some, so will get it all done then.... Have decided to wait until after the 18th to start.. The door I finally picked out won't be in for 4 weeks..... why I don't know...... I did pick flooring, too.... Wood grain laminate.... I thought I wanted tile look laminate, but couldn't find any that suited me and my house so went with this.. Haven't actually purchased it yet, but have the samples here and picked the one with the right tone...

Laura, I agree with the rest... Dad was just feeling bad and took it out on you... You didn't do anything wrong and he loves you... He is going through so many emotions that are strange and cruel for him... You are a good daughter.... Oh, and what a thing that SIL of yours is... glad you don't have to see her everyday...... Hugs to Nelson..... safe trip home now....

Joyce, fill will go just fine... You are doing so well...

Arlene, how are things going for you???? Laura K, how about you.. Don't think I've seen posts from lots of you lately.. Jessica has been gone..... Judy, how are you doing??,..... Deb, how are things with you... Great is sunning herself on the beach......Eva is busy working and doing all her nifty crafty things... Phyll, sorry you are so sad to head back to WA..... But just think, only 6-8 months and you can come back again!!!! Melissa, how are you doing now..??? Linda and Cheri, too.... are you both feeling okay again?? Jodi, are you back to posting again???,, Meredith, we lost you again........ how are you??? I know there are a couple new ones, too... Welcome aboard.. we are a great group of wonderful ladies... hope you find a home here with us....

That was a poor attempt and catching up without going back to read much... Sorry, but will try to do better... Brother just came to get some things so must go.... Hugs to all......... Julie

Jessica, good to hear from you.... we must have been posting at the same time.....

What a terrible tragedy...... that poor family... and your instincts were right.... good for you not to trust her... Is your father involved at all as the property owner still even though he wasn't there? OMG, it could be quite a mess.... You take care... I understand about not wanting the baby's pictures out there yet.... Your sil is entitled as a new mommy to feel that way.. I'm so glad you are having a good time... talk to you later... Julie