Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Morning Gang

Jodie - WTG girl you rock - did so well with your eating - joined a gym - You are on your way!!!! Thanks for the complement it's truly appreciated..

Melissa - You rock too - I am glad you wrote that email and expressed your feeling -You Ex sounds like he still doesn't get it - good for you !!! Proud of you.. You will get thru this and your DS will find out in his own time your Ex's true colors and he's so lucky to have his new Dad...

Apples - The lasagna was ok - I added a string cheese to the top of up - what I can tell you it was very very filling - infact I could have / should have stopped at about 1/2 -3/4 done - but I ate it all - added some hot pepper flakes to it to - like I said - it's ok - filling - but the real thing would have been better - but they are good when you don't want to cook - and right now - I just don't know what to eat - I'm sorta bored w/my food..

Julie - Prayer being said for Mimi - she is on my mind this morning and well last night too..

Crying - Me to - I will tear up at the drop of a hat ;0)

Well today is my friday ;0) - after work gotta drop off ck for taxes (property) then go get my contacts re-adjusted.

Hi All, I'm still alive, I have been reading all your posts just not posting much. I have been busy monkeying around the house, my carpet goes down tomorrow. yeah then I can put my bed room back together again. Been living between two rooms.

Laura hugs to you, I'm sure your Dad feels bad too.

Julie, prayers for Mimis surgery today.

I can cry at the drop of a hat also, just depends on the situation. Well better get to work, lots to do today.

Laura K

Janet, I will be on shakes until they think I need to be on food. I think I will go to two shakes and two meals first. I get blood work so I guess it will determine what stage of the program I will be in. Right now, it is shake, SHAKE, SHAKE! Oh, yes, DH is starting to lose again due to the fact there isn't snack food in the house and I am not cooking everyday.

Melissa, sounds like you are doing the right thing for yourself. Your wound will not heal till you excise it. HUGS! for you!

Apples, have a great time at the lake. I am gonna miss you!

Thanks gang for all the props and support. You are the greatest!

Have a great day!

Oh, Julie, you and Mimi are in my thoughts and prayers this morning.

Since Janet is sitting in a slump and tired of her dinner food choices (which maybe some of the rest are you also), lets start a list of different ideas to bump things up a bit. I'll start with a few recipes I have made lately. All of these freeze well and so easy to just grab out of the freezer when you are in a hurry or set out to thaw when you leave for work.

WARNING: Long list of recipes but you all might find helpful....Since it it freaking cold here today, I have decided not to go up to the lake (still ice on it) and will take the time to post these recipes.

Cottage Cheese/Asparagus Bake

1lb aspargus, sliced

1 medium onion

2 cups Egg Beaters (reg or just egg white)

2 large eggs

1/2 cup flour

1 tsp baking powder

16 oz FF cottage cheese

1/2 cup FF shredded cheddar

2 Tbls melted butter

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp ground pepper

1/2 oz parmesan cheese

Saute asparagus and onion in (use cooking spray)...cool

Beat eggs and Egg Beaters, add flour and baking powder to egg mixture: whisk until lumps are gone. Stir in all other ingredients, except parmesan chees. Put mixture into greassed or sprayed 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Turn oven down to 325 and bake another 35 to 45 minutes until golden brown. 10 servings. Cals. 163, Fat 5.3g, Protein 18.3g

Spicy CrockPot Thai Chicken

6 boneless dkinless chicken thighs

1/3 cup reduced fat Peanut Butter (Skippy has a good one)

2 Tbls lime juice

1 Tbls lite soy sauce

1 tsp grated fresh giner

1/2 cup sweet chili sauce (Asian food section of store)

1/2 cup ground cili past (Asian food section)

1/2 cup chopped peanuts

3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro

Place chicken into slow cooker. Mix peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, sweet chili sauce and chili paste. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.

Cals 260, Protein 20 gr

Crab Cakes

1lb crab meat or 2 cans crab meat

1 egg

1/2 cup bread crumbs

1 tbls mustard

1 tlbs warcestershire sauce

2 tbls FF may

1/2 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp old bay seasoning

1/2 tsp dry mustard

Mix all ingredients in bowl. Make 6 crab cakes. Place in frig for 1/2 hour minium. Spray skillet and brown about 4-5 minutes on each side.

Cals 145 (servings 6), Protein 18

Chili Rellanos

2 cans green chilles (7oz cans)

3 cups LF sharp cheddar grated

4 green onions, sliced

3 cups FF mozzarella cheese grated

6 eggs 4 cups skim

3/4 cup flour

1/4 tsp salt

8 oz salsa

Spread chilies in a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle cheddar cheese, green onions and 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella over chilies.

Beat eggs, milk, flour and salt together until smooth. Pour over chilies and cheese.

Bake in a 325 degree oven for 50 minutes or until knife comes out clean.

Mix salsa with the remaining 1 1/2 cups mozzarella. Sprinkle over baked casserole and return to oven for 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes b/4 serving.

Makes 12 servings. Cals 210, Protein 23 gr

White Bean & Ground Turkey Chipotle Chili

1tbls olive oil

2.5lbs ground turkey breast

2 garlic cloves, minced

32 oz reduced sodium chicken broth

30 oz canned white Beans, drained and rinsed

1tsp ground cumin

1tsp dried oregano

1 tsp chili powder (chipotle variety if you have it)

2 tbls lime juice

fresh cilantro (if you are into it)

Cook turkey, onion and garlic in the olive oil over medium to high heat until turkey is browned (about 10 minutes)

Add beans, seasonings and broth. Simmer covered for 30 minutes. Add cilantrol just b/4 serving.

8 servings...cals 260, protein 41gr.

Janet, I will be on shakes until they think I need to be on food. I think I will go to two shakes and two meals first. I get blood work so I guess it will determine what stage of the program I will be in. Right now, it is shake, SHAKE, SHAKE! Oh, yes, DH is starting to lose again due to the fact there isn't snack food in the house and I am not cooking everyday.

Melissa, sounds like you are doing the right thing for yourself. Your wound will not heal till you excise it. HUGS! for you!

Apples, have a great time at the lake. I am gonna miss you!

Thanks gang for all the props and support. You are the greatest!

Have a great day!

Oh, Julie, you and Mimi are in my thoughts and prayers this morning.

Guess I should have checked the temps b/4 jumping the gun and planning a day at the lake. After posting I looked and it was only 24 degrees and a high of mid-fifties today with wind. I'm smarter than that! Gonna finish some projects in the house. Got company after coming home from our wake last night and did not complete what I wanted to.

Apples,

Thanks for the receipes. They look delish. I will try to come up with one of mine.

My DD said it was snowing this am in Houghton. We are cold and rainy today again. I want summer back..........

Jodi, glad you are getting in the gym, it makes you feel so good. If they have a Zumba class try it it is fun.

Laura K

Apples,

Thanks for the receipes. They look delish. I will try to come up with one of mine.

My DD said it was snowing this am in Houghton. We are cold and rainy today again. I want summer back..........

Jodi, glad you are getting in the gym, it makes you feel so good. If they have a Zumba class try it it is fun.

Laura K

Feeling optomistic...it's now up to a whopping 28 degrees. Whoop-de-doo. Plus, the wind makes it feel so much colder. I walked out to the mailbox with my winter parka on with the hood up. All I know is that my two men are not dressed warm enough for this at their outdoor implement sale. They left here with their spring jackets on. There was frost on my patio set and cushions this morning. I will try to be positive and NOT continue to say all day that this sucks!

Since Janet is sitting in a slump and tired of her dinner food choices (which maybe some of the rest are you also), lets start a list of different ideas to bump things up a bit. I'll start with a few recipes I have made lately. All of these freeze well and so easy to just grab out of the freezer when you are in a hurry or set out to thaw when you leave for work.

WARNING: Long list of recipes but you all might find helpful....Since it it freaking cold here today, I have decided not to go up to the lake (still ice on it) and will take the time to post these recipes.

Thanks for the recipes i can use a change up.

Okay so now I am up to 218 I know why so I am trying to stay on point.

Thank you everyone on the support about the letter to my ex and yes you all all right my DH is a wonderful man.

DD Had another phone interview sounds pretty promising. They wanted her to send in more stuff, so she has two going. The first one from in AZ called and wanted resume again. Both would be in Nevada. Yahoo warm weather for momma to visit...

DD Had another phone interview sounds pretty promising. They wanted her to send in more stuff, so she has two going. The first one from in AZ called and wanted resume again. Both would be in Nevada. Yahoo warm weather for momma to visit...

That is awesome for her. I hope things pan out quickly for her

Drive by post for me too. Have dental appt today which should NOT have been day after fill. Need to take 4 antibiotics b/4 appt - will mix with applesauce and eat.

Janet - doctor wants us on Clear Liquids for 24 hrs. and soft foods next 24 (after fill) then return to regular diet.

Experiencing some loose bowels today - is that normal after a fill???

Drive by post for me too. Have dental appt today which should NOT have been day after fill. Need to take 4 antibiotics b/4 appt - will mix with applesauce and eat.

Janet - doctor wants us on clear liquids for 24 hrs. and soft foods next 24 (after fill) then return to regular diet.

Experiencing some loose bowels today - is that normal after a fill???

All I know, Joyce, is that when I was on my liquid diet things were loose. I could not get away from the bathroom those couple of weeks after surgery.

Good luck with your dental appt. I have some major work I want done. My teeth are a darker color and want to do vaneers or implants. Just need to get my butt in gear and get it all started. I am very self-conscious (sp?) of my smile. I am lucky to have the teeth I have and have put $$$ into my mouth. But, it's time for me to smile without feeling inadequate. I just need to get going and get some estimates and check out the doc's I have chosen to do it. I feel it will complete me. (Sounds like a sappy saying from a Lifetime movie, doesn't it?)

Not sappy at all. I have veneers on my two front teeth on the top. Enamel was wearing thin with age. I love them.

I was able to swallow the 4 antibiotics and decided to drink a shake with them. Was unable to hold down the whole shake - oh well. Meds on rather empty stomach was not a good idea - but I have learning curve to blame. Had no idea to space dental appt away from fill appt.

These boards help so many - perhaps my error will help someone else.

Time to go.

Not sappy at all. I have veneers on my two front teeth on the top. Enamel was wearing thin with age. I love them.

I was able to swallow the 4 antibiotics and decided to drink a shake with them. Was unable to hold down the whole shake - oh well. Meds on rather empty stomach was not a good idea - but I have learning curve to blame. Had no idea to space dental appt away from fill appt.

These boards help so many - perhaps my error will help someone else.

Time to go.

So true, Joyce, about having to think ahead and be prepared when we are banded ppl. DH always gives me a hard time. Says that living with me is like having a newborn in the house again.

I ALWAYS have a tote sitting by the door and packed or it's in my truck. Just in case...you never know...I have it filled with Jerky, soynuts, Protein Bars, high fiber/high Protein Cereal. I even bought a cute cooler that looks like a purse for perishables to take along with me at times for things like deli meats, yogart, smoothies, etc. Ya just never know.

I am also one that panics if I forget Vitamins (it's only happened twice in the almost 2 yrs I have been banded). I keep a little pill container in my purse for such things.

Thanks, Karen. You keep teaching us, the newly banded.

Love your comparison to "new baby". My hubby is very supportive, however, being an integral part of life, his life is also changing. It's all good - just different.