Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Oh forgot - here's pic of Angel & Ryder sunning themselves while I was in the back yard yesterday

Oh forgot - here's pic of Angel & Ryder sunning themselves while I was in the back yard yesterday

Janet - Your poodle (if that is what she is) looks like she has a flower hat on. LOL

Love your new pic your are so Beautiful.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!

Edited by 1day at a time

Hi there. I just joined this forum yesterday and have been looking for as much information as I can get.

I am 57 years old, and have been a yoyo dieter for about 50 of them. In the last 10 years I have lost and gained 50 to 70 pounds about five times. One of my problems is that to maintain my goal weight of 140 lbs, I can only consume about 900 calories, so I always gain the weight back. I am otherwise very healthy and do Crossfit (very intense exercise) three times a week. During my last diet failure, (600 calorie a day medically supervised diet) the doctor suggested that I consider a lap band. I was rather surprised since my BMI is about 30, and thought that one needed to be bigger to consider that option.

She told me about a doctor in my area who is (or was) doing a study on the effect of banding on people with BMI' of 30 to 35. However, since I am not over a 35 BMI with no comorbities, I would not qualifiy for insurance rembursement. Since I cannot pay 20k to have this done, I am researching having it done in Mexico, but worry about the post-op care. After reading many comments, I wonder if it will work for me, due to my age and messed up metabolic rate. Do you have any thoughts on this? All advice is appreciated.

Deborah

Thankyou so much IndioGIrl. It has been a rough few days, and im feeling quite weepy. I know this is a good thing in the long run, but my head is all over the place at the moment. Thanks again! I'll be back! Jo xxxxx

HAPPY EASTER!!

36_15_38.gif

"Don't be alarmed. You are looking for Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He isn't here! He is risen from the dead!" (Mark 16:5,6 NLT)

1001.gif 8_3_42.gif

Thank you so much IndioGIrl. It has been a rough few days, and im feeling quite weepy. I know this is a good thing in the long run, but my head is all over the place at the moment. Thanks again! I'll be back! Jo xxxxx

You're going to be FINE!! Hang in there! Like Janet said... walk and move around as much as you can to get rid of the gas... and if you can get Gas-X strips... if you have those in the UK... or something like that, it helps. You'll be feeling GREAT in no time and this initial misery will be a distant memory! We promise!!

Hi there. I just joined this forum yesterday and have been looking for as much information as I can get.

I am 57 years old, and have been a yoyo dieter for about 50 of them. In the last 10 years I have lost and gained 50 to 70 pounds about five times. One of my problems is that to maintain my goal weight of 140 lbs, I can only consume about 900 calories, so I always gain the weight back. I am otherwise very healthy and do Crossfit (very intense exercise) three times a week. During my last diet failure, (600 calorie a day medically supervised diet) the doctor suggested that I consider a LAP-BAND®. I was rather surprised since my BMI is about 30, and thought that one needed to be bigger to consider that option.

She told me about a doctor in my area who is (or was) doing a study on the effect of banding on people with BMI' of 30 to 35. However, since I am not over a 35 BMI with no comorbities, I would not qualify for insurance reimbursement. Since I cannot pay 20k to have this done, I am researching having it done in Mexico, but worry about the post-op care. After reading many comments, I wonder if it will work for me, due to my age and messed up metabolic rate. Do you have any thoughts on this? All advice is appreciated.

Deborah

Well, I can't speak to the Mexico issue, but there are others here who can. But... your age is not a factor at all! I was 63 when I had my surgery and there are others here who were older than that.

Interesting that your doctor would suggest lap band with your BMI that low. I do understand your frustration at trying to maintain a healthy weight.

Update....talked to DS. Not making much sense. Must be the meds. They are transferring him to another facility. Fever is coming down. Does not make sense what first doc said about kidney removal. ER doc is one that said . I am thinking he doesn't know crap. Better off at another hospital. Most likely will fly out tomorrow. Feeling better now that fever is down. I have a feeling this will all be fine. Will keep up with you all and let you know

Apples, OMgoodness, you and DS will be in my prayers.

Janet - your Angel looks like my Gizmo - 11 lb. maltipoo

don't know how to attach pix yet.

Giz is 1 1/2 yrs. old

Afternoon all,

Julie, wow that is rather quick for DD, but they have 6 months and you'll be able to tell how it goes from now until then. You never know...they could be perfect for each other and blossom together. You are certainly busy the next couple of days. Enjoy your Easter festivities and take care of yourself for the funeral tomorrow.

Janet...Angle and Ryder are so cute. Were those flower pictures from your yard? I've packed up all the sweets from today's party and I'm taking them to work for others to snack on. My sister made coconut macaroons and she made a ton of them...they are going away.

Apples, are you in GA now? You are your son are in my thoughts!!

Great....bet you are running around like crazy getting ready for Hawaii...have loads of fun and take lots of pictures. Can't wait to hear and see about it when you get back!!

Jewel....40 pounds, that is amazing. Congratulations for all your hard work. Have a really good trip and enjoy your visit with your brother. Your posts are sounding so positive and your life seems to be falling into a place where you are going to blossom. (Must be spring with all these flower metaphors)

Jodi...hope you are doing well during passover. All that cooking has got what I do beat. Enjoy your family!!

Charlene...good going with the diet. Happy Easter to you and your family!!

Phyl, how'd your dinner go last night? You are getting close to heading out aren't you? The weather is turning warmer.

Laura...glad you are able to help your parents out. I bet they feel better and I know you do. Pretty cool about Nels getting out to a vehicle museum. The sunrise pic was beautiful. Hope you had a really nice Easter.

LauraK...Happy Easter to you too!

Okay, I know I've missed people...hello everyone...hope you are enjoying your weekend.

My allergies are horrible. My eyes are itching and I'm going through too many tissues. I just took another allergy pill because I just can't stand it any more.

We had the FNSC over today for a little brunch and Easter egg coloring party. Dyed 3 dozen eggs and got rid of all but 2. It was actually a lot of fun and Rex (a friend) was quite into it and made some very interesting eggs. Now the kitchen is cleaned up and everything put away and I have some time to read and write.

Guess I'll go piddle around or just get into another book...maybe I'll see what's on TV. That would be different.

Have a good night everyone.

Eva

jojo - On the third day post surgery, I also asked myself - what the heck did I do to myself.

It is normal.

Once you settle in and begin healing, you will remember exactly why you made this choice. This is the beginning of our journey to health and self-confidence. Welcome to this very supportive group of women.

Joyce in Kansas City

I make cream cheese type cheese balls, or depending on the occasion other thing....the first picture is a cheese egg from a previous Easter...then there is the cheese "cake" it was a birthday cake made completely of different flavored cream cheese, then this years Easter "egg" (it has a curried flavored center to make it look like an egg) and then last Halloween I made "eyeballs". No real cakes for me.

My bags are packed, I am ready to go, I'm leaving on a jet plane.......

Hope everyone had a great Easter, I know I did. I picked Grandma up for church and we went to church then to my inlaws for dinner. Tonight we wandered around a few car lots while they are closed and no pushy salesmen to check out some 4WD Suv's. A few dealerships leave the cars open adn we got to sit in them and everything.

Apples, hope your son is doing better! Thinking of you!

Jojo, I can't help you out on the gas pains as I never suffered from that, but I can say that once you get past this initial recovery, i think you wll be very happy with your band. I was banded almost 2 years ago, lost 126 lbs in one year and have maintained it since. Sometimes I miss the quanities I ate before but that is rare, it is a total change and what surprised me is how much of the change was in the head not just the body. It's a learning process and you need to deal with the head issues as well as you lose. I came to understand why I ate, etc. and am learning to now think of myself as a 'normal' weighted person, though inside I am still the fat chick and have to watch myself at all times.

Mommy, I can't speak about the Mexico issues but I do know there are some docs in the US that have some very competitive rates. I live in Denver and many folks come here to a Dr. Kirchenbaum who supposedly only charges $10,000 for surgery and $15 for fills. I did not go to him but that's an option. Many docs have a lower rate for cash patients as well. Mine did. One of the main reasons I got banded is I knew I could lose the weight, I also lost 60 to 70 lbs a few times before, however, I could never keep it off. What I like about the band is that I always have that restriction now and it keeps me in check. Whereas, from my understanding of bypass, you can stretch that pouch back out. Good luck to you!

Dinner with high school classmates last night was very enjoyable! What a great time catching up!

Potluck ham dinner with neighbors out side on the patio this afternoon. Much fun... and an earthquake thrown in for entertainment. We were rockin' and rollin' for 30-30 seconds. I have video on Facebook... just happened to have my camera on video right when it hit.

Here are some photos from last night and this afternoon.

1_4_36.gif