Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi everyone,

Thought I better let you all know I am still reading your posts otherwise I feel like I am eves dropping into your conversations.

Loving how you are all enjoying your lovely weather. I too enjoyed the sunshine, although not to your temperatures. I am in Scotland and it reached the 50s today. Thats how we Scots always look navy blue....due to the cold.Haha.

Anyway, just to let you know I am still enjoying your posts.x

Hi everyone,

Thought I better let you all know I am still reading your posts otherwise I feel like I am eves dropping into your conversations.

Loving how you are all enjoying your lovely weather. I too enjoyed the sunshine, although not to your temperatures. I am in Scotland and it reached the 50s today. Thats how we Scots always look navy blue....due to the cold.Haha.

Anyway, just to let you know I am still enjoying your posts.x

Hey 2plus4...I got to know these girls by lurking first...then I started my daily visits with them. Happy I took the step to do so, and hope you will too.

When do you finally warm up? I thought maybe you have about the same type of weather as we do in Minnesota?

Hi there, I'm awake, but still feel like I'm half dopey..... This mess is getting real old....... Shoulder pain most of the day.... What's up with that??? It's usually at night only..... and I have the makings of an earache......... Haven't had one of those in 40 years... I starting to think this is going to be my life now... Not so fat anymore, but sickly all the time.... It's depressing and I'm already on anti-depressants!!!!! Good grief...................

Melissa, I love the little poem.... I'm still faily smart then.... some of you have lost all your smarts!!!!

Linda, sorry your SD was sick again... How old is your little one again.... 3 or 4, if I remember right.... Does she wear you out..?? Mimi got me again today.... Have fun with supper with DH

2plus4, is it always cooler in Scotland or do you get hot weather, too..... I've always imagined it to be a very pretty place..... Ireland, too... You read about them in so many novels and they are romantisized alot.... We would like to get to know you better, too, so jump in anytime and visit... Tell us more about yourself....We like to make new friends....

Apples, another busy day for you, but we know you like it that way, so hope you enjoyed your road trips.... I don't have any real sisters either, but I'm very happy with my new LBT sisters..... Couldn't be better.....

Janet, sorry we let you down on your day off.... Hope you found something fun to do on your day off......

Deb, glad you had a good trip and congrats on the pounds gone.... It is encouraging to lose even when you think you didn't..... Makes it so much easier to go on....

Laura, glad you are feeling back to yourself again in most all areas... Those 3 pounds will fade soon enough...

Lori, don't envy you having to keep your house all polished up for selling.... I hope things move along smoothly for you on both ends....

Well, I'm making so many typing errors that I'd better stop before I make a mistake I can't fix..... Hugs to everyone.............with good wishes for a nice peaceful spring weekend....... Love you guys....... Julie

Hi Aples, thanks for the welcome. Hopefully by July we could be in the late sixties maybe even seventy but thats being very optimistic. It has been dry today so I suppose thats a bonus. Its a basic requirement of visiting Scotland that you always bring an umbrella......sou westa, full length mac, wellie boots. Haha. Sunglasses aren't a staple requirement unless its to keep the rain out of your eyes. I am sorry, I am painting a very bleek picture. It really is a beautiful place for sight seeing, not topping up your tan. You can imagine how well the tanning salons do over here. They do a roaring trade. Not that I frequent them being of the typical Scottish colouring all I succeed in getting from them is prickly heat, then have to spend the rest of the evening on anti-histamines....no fun at all.

Hi Aples, thanks for the welcome. Hopefully by July we could be in the late sixties maybe even seventy but thats being very optimistic. It has been dry today so I suppose thats a bonus. Its a basic requirement of visiting Scotland that you always bring an umbrella......sou westa, full length mac, wellie boots. Haha. Sunglasses aren't a staple requirement unless its to keep the rain out of your eyes. I am sorry, I am painting a very bleek picture. It really is a beautiful place for sight seeing, not topping up your tan. You can imagine how well the tanning salons do over here. They do a roaring trade. Not that I frequent them being of the typical Scottish colouring all I succeed in getting from them is prickly heat, then have to spend the rest of the evening on anti-histamines....no fun at all.

Thanks for the info on your weather.

You were banded in March, right? How's it going so far? Any questions or concerns?

2plus4 - what does your tag stand for? I agree with Julie, Scotland is in romance novels and has such charm. Does it snow there? Please join in and tell us about yourself and life in your country.

Great - welcome back.

Apples - you do more in one day than I accomplish in a month. Were you that energetic before the wl?

I had pt this morning and enjoyed the nice K.C. weather. Will store the GMC this weekend and bring out the convertible. Can't wait. No more snow in KC til approx. Nov.

After small dinner, spent an hour out in the yard doing some work. That should eat up a few calories.

Loved all the newsy posts. Such busy, interesting ladies.

I'll pass on the support group tomorrow. No need to hear all the complainers.

Taking two DDs to see DATE NIGHT. I'll let you know how it is.

Joyce

2plus4 - what does your tag stand for? I agree with Julie, Scotland is in romance novels and has such charm. Does it snow there? Please join in and tell us about yourself and life in your country.

Great - welcome back.

Apples - you do more in one day than I accomplish in a month. Were you that energetic before the wl?

I had pt this morning and enjoyed the nice K.C. weather. Will store the GMC this weekend and bring out the convertible. Can't wait. No more snow in KC til approx. Nov.

After small dinner, spent an hour out in the yard doing some work. That should eat up a few calories.

Loved all the newsy posts. Such busy, interesting ladies.

I'll pass on the support group tomorrow. No need to hear all the complainers.

Taking two DDs to see DATE NIGHT. I'll let you know how it is.

Joyce

Joyce...I actually was quite active b/4 weightloss, but, IT WAS KILLING ME. I noticed with my last 40lbs gained, I got so out of breath with everything I did. But, still had to plug away at it. I was fairly slim until about the age of 38 and very active. I killed me to think that I could not move like I used to. I am so happy now.

My dream car has always been a red Mercedes convertible....the last couple of years I have had my eye on an aqua colored Tbird convertible. Maybe someday I will open my garage door and it will be there?

Good morning girls! I am at tkd with the boy. On saturdays I tell him what time we need to leave by; if we aren't ready we don't get to go. If was ready 5 min early! : ). Then am having a movie playdate with hid BFF nick. How to train ur dragon in 3D! Fun fun

Great- didn't think u were bragging; thus the joking. I think that is awesome. I always envied airline empl. It's like us going to the beach when u live in florida- can go all the time, it's fun & free.

Great- glad the weather is nice! Sorry bout the milk. Uughhh, I hate that. At least the kitchen is clean.

Will write more in a bit! Gotta go

Got a call and had to send before I lost typed post.

Julie- hope u r feeling better. I know u r sick and tired of this pain. I hope the steroid injection/epidural helps. I am sure it will.

When posting on my phone, I can't review...CRS! Peas

Mornin' to All!

Beautiful day here on the farm. We are surrounded by wildlife ponds. Got my spotting scope out this morning to watch the geese. Already 48 degress and not even 9am...might just sneak off to the lake today and take a load up. I bet my puppa would be up for the ride also.

Nothing really to add...just wanted to say Good Morning and have a good day!

Morning ladies, hope you all had a good night's sleep. I did sleep some after a fashion.... and then stept in until 9:00... Now I feel all groggy and worn out... Can't be getting a restful sleep when you wake up feeling tired... Anyway, it's Saturday and I have nothing I have to do.... May take my Easter decorations down... Tomorrow DD and Mimi go to DF's parents home for a family supper. He has one sister and her family...... Next Sunday (18th) his parents are coming here for supper so I have to get my house in a little order for that... We are waiting until after that to start pulling carpet and knocking out walls.... Don't feel like doing much housework when we will be making such a mess so soon and then it will all get cleaned good from the remodel..... DH is out doing the yard now... finally all the snow is gone and it is dry enough to put the big mower on it and suck up all the crud from winter.... We have a big yard so it's a big job.....He doesn't go to his job on weekends, thankfully, so has time to do this.. He swept out the garage already, too.. It was pretty bad from all the wet conditions we have had of late.. And we drive on gravel roads to get to church so that mud comes in..... Apples, you know from being on the farm how that mud can make such a mess.....

Apples, I know how you are itching to get to the lake... Hope you have a good trip up and have fun getting things opened up after a very long winter...

Laura, sounds like you have a fun day planned.... Nelson and his friend will love the movie and etc.... You are a good mommie.....

Hope everyone else has a great day....and that spring has sprung all over this country finally.....

Talk to you all later........ hugs.......... Julie

Julie...You have very positive thinking about spring finally being here. I think what I will do is enjoy today and the nice weather. Just cannot hold out false hope that spring is here for good. LOL. Tomorrow could be in the 20's again. Ya never know...and I know you know what I am saying. Not going to set myself up for a disappointment.

Laura...have a fun day with Nels and his BFF. Used to take my boys to the Sunday matinees. My Charlie (youngest) would not even sit in his seat. He would place his big bucket of popcorn on the seat and stand with his back to the screen and just shovel it in. Don't think he ever really saw a movie until he was at least 6.

Hi ladies,

Glad to see someone from Scotland here! My grandmother was Scots, and her parents came from Ayrshire. I've always wanted to go and see the sites. But I'm always cold, cold, COLD!

Got an early start (for me) this morning, attended my 12 Step meeting, then fabric shopping. I bought some beautiful blue and green chiffon to make some bias-cut scarves, because I saw a cute idea online to make one. If I get the house cleaned now, I'm going to reward myself with sewing time. Actually should be outside in the yard picking up limbs and cleaning up from winter! Maybe tomorrow. The never-ending clean up!!

I've been having some problems with pb'ing a lot lately. I think I'm so much more restricted from my last fill, and that I still haven't slowed down enough on my eating. I've always been able to wolf my Breakfast oatmeal down, but no more! And when you guys talk about having to eat so slow, I just couldn't relate. But now I know what you mean. It's terrible to take so long to actually learn how to eat slowly, but I guess 50-some years of eating fast is hard to change. At least at my LB support group, people are saying the same thing.

Hope y'all are having a beautiful day!

Hey ladies just a quick Hi everything is going well and I still have some of my Smart a$$ Left LOL even if I lost itI will still be one some times

Hey ladies just a quick Hi everything is going well and I still have some of my Smart a$$ Left LOL even if I lost itI will still be one some times

Don't ever lose all of it, Melissa. Smarta$$ness tends to be a good quality at times. In fact, I just had to use a bit of it with DS and a joke he tried to pull on me about an hour ago. Maybe when I am in a retirement home, wear diapers and a bib he will be able to out-smart his momma...not quite there yet!