Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi all

Apples, Tanker is beautiful. I love Labs. We had one many years ago. He was such a great natured dog. We all still miss him and talk about him still.

Eva, I hope you don't mind me calling you by your name and not your tag. Happy Birthday. Hope you had a great time. Your beautiful Glimmer looks such a kind and gentle boy. Labs are such loyal dogs. I will post pics of my babies when I can figure out how to do so.

Julie, again I hope you don't mind me calling you by your name and not your tag. I love your car. That is what my hubby and myself aspire to have when the kids grow up. But it has to be big enough to carry my two doggies with us. How terrible is that to want my kids grown up. I really don't, cause they grow up so fast as it is.

I have had a horrible experience earlier. I had to stop one of my sons from scrapping with his friend. His friend said to him that I couldn't see my feet because I was so fat. I just got my son and came home and cried. I really didn't think I was so repulsive to people. It makes me want this band to work more than ever. The thing is, as you know I am only 4 weeks out and have lost very little. Not even a 14 pounds yet so it feel a never reachable goal. I don't want sympathy, just wanted to get it off my chest.

Well I will finish now. Keep up the great posts.x

Sorry your son had to have that happen to him as well as you had to hear about it as well. Kids are so very mean. Like Apples said, you are on your way to recovery and changing your life and today you are 14 pounds lighter than you were last month -- every day, every week, every month gets a little easier. You'll get there and then when you're at goal you'll look back and not care what that brat said. Don't let this get to you or give you a set back, make it help you get stronger. Keep up the good work. We love and care about you and are here to support you any time. Vent away any time you need to, we're happy you found us.

Linda

I don't know about the rest of you, but, I am having Janet withdrawl symptoms. Anyone know what to do to get rid of these feelings? Is there some kind of pill I can take?

I don't know about the rest of you, but, I am having Janet withdrawl symptoms. Anyone know what to do to get rid of these feelings? Is there some kind of pill I can take?

LOL Xanax hehehehe

Oh wait that is for dealing with kids.

Hello My name is Melissa AKA 1day at a time and I am a chocoholic.

I have been doing great all day I guess I was hungryor thirsty cause I saw and inhaled 6 mini reeses pb eggs and a regular size cadbury egg in no time flat as soon as I saw them in the kitchen. (It is hard not to keep stuff in the house cause my hubby buys it I don't but then I see it and forget it)

I have been doing good during the day with my shakes and Soup but I hardly drank anything today.

1st day back to work after a week off and it was hell. You know they missed you so they saved up work for you to do.

Okay any secret for getting rid of the sugar carb cravings we all get? It's emotional chocolate is like a sub for $ex and other stuff. I can get rid of my BF for a while but then it comes back with a vengance. I have not mastered the beck technique yet and no Janet I have not wrote my letter to my friend my food.< /span>

Oh I walked suring lunch today that is a plus but chocolate is not a reward I know that

LOL Xanax hehehehe

Oh wait that is for dealing with kids.

2plus4 could use it after dealing with that kid that was never taught manners!:thumbup:

I can only imitate her if you ate something you weren't supposed to... or didn't exercise. <smirk> <giggle>

I miss her too. Didn't you guys notice the echo I wrote this morning?

I made a turkish dessert last night. Muhallebi

Tony Tahhan

What inspired me was my mom left 2 packages of rice flour here. I put 3/4 splenda and 1/4 sugar. My Nelson just LOVED it. He had one for Breakfast and another one after dinner tonight.

You guys are so creative and artsy. I fail tremendously in that area. I guess the only art thing I do is photography. I love making cards and such with photos. I always wished I could paint and draw. My Mom's father was an artist. He did all of the grandkids portraits (except mine sadly). By the time they had me arthritis had made it impossible for him to do them. He continued for years to make the signs they put in the windows at the grocery store.

ok guys. I need to go give this boy some attention. peasout.

I can only imitate her if you ate something you weren't supposed to... or didn't exercise. <smirk> <giggle>

I miss her too. Didn't you guys notice the echo I wrote this morning?

I made a turkish dessert last night. Muhallebi

Tony Tahhan

What inspired me was my mom left 2 packages of rice flour here. I put 3/4 splenda and 1/4 sugar. My Nelson just LOVED it. He had one for breakfast and another one after dinner tonight.

You guys are so creative and artsy. I fail tremendously in that area. I guess the only art thing I do is photography. I love making cards and such with photos. I always wished I could paint and draw. My Mom's father was an artist. He did all of the grandkids portraits (except mine sadly). By the time they had me arthritis had made it impossible for him to do them. He continued for years to make the signs they put in the windows at the grocery store.

ok guys. I need to go give this boy some attention. peasout.

I bet your Grandfather was not really arthritic...he was just sooooooooooo afraid that he could not capture your beauty!

OMG you all have been busy today...... Yup, Janet has been missing lately......... don't suppose that guy from Facebook finally caught up with her and she's having a fling???!!!!!! Wouldn't that be something!!!! Go, Janet....

Joyce, loved the car.......... I always wanted a red convertible, but will never have one... I have a red car, though...

Eva, your pictures sure show how hard you guys work on things... Whatever will you do when you finish the job???? You'll have time to spare for sure.... It all looks great....

Apples, love your little benches.... Cute ideas... I'm like Laura, and not artistic in that way... I'm a singer and let my talents flow there..... And I love to cook and bake, just try not to do so much anymore.....

Hi, Melissa..................... you are so funny...... You, too, shall recover from the chocolate... Mondays are always hard and especially after a vacation.. Here's hoping tomorrow will be better.....

2plus4, bless your heart.... I would have wanted to beat that kid... Is your son okay???? I echo what everyone else said.. You just started here and you are on your way... One day that kid will have to eat his words........ Hugs to you..... You are here with us now and it's a good place to be especially when you are feeling bad......

Lori, you forgot to mention your talent........shopping... You love to shop more than anyone I know.... No wonder you find all these great deals....

Apples, do you have a special supper planned for DH?? I send my birthday greeting to him, too.... It just so happens its our grandson's birthday today, too.... He's 11 today... We need to call him now to wish him Happy Birthday......... So your birthday is on my brothers, and DH's and Eva's are on my grandsons.... Should be able to remember that!!!! Linda has one coming up that is the same day as my DIL..... Small world....

You all have nice dogs..... and you love them so much it is clear to see..... However, I am one who is not a dog person really..... don't know why... We had one for 11 years who died last year..... had to put him down.. I liked him but he was DH's dog.... I'm a cat person... but mostly just my own.... funny gal, I am, I guess...

Well, time to get supper and then try to sleep... My appointment for the shots got moved to 7:30 tomorrow morning so have to be up early..... I'll thank you all to cross your fingers or say a little prayer that this is the answer to my prayers..... It's so good to have friends... Hugs and prayers to all.............. Julie

Julie..fingers crossed and prayer said that these shots will give you some relief. I imagine it takes a bit for the affect to take.

Yep...did a nice supper. Turkey cutlets baked on low heat for 6 hours, stuffing, brocolli/cheese sauce, baked potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce and carrot cake with ice cream. The house smelled wonderful all day.

Melissa...honestly...tell your DH that having chocolate in the house triggers these things in you. He sounds like a very loving partner and I bet he would understand. My DH is a chocoholic. I have to hide the chocolate chips to help his cause. He would eat a bag every day if they were in the pantry.

I take a look at your numbers (weight lost and weight till goal). You are are the other side of the mountain having lost more weight than you still want to lose. You are ahead of the game. Try to have something band/weight loss friendly in your house to replace the chocolate craving. What is your favorite fruit? Have that on hand instead.

You can do this...forget the little setback you had today and tell yourself you are on your way down the other side of the mountain!

Hi, Melissa..................... you are so funny...... You, too, shall recover from the chocolate... Mondays are always hard and especially after a vacation.. Here's hoping tomorrow will be better.....

Julie

Thanks Julie

Melissa...honestly...tell your DH that having chocolate in the house triggers these things in you. He sounds like a very loving partner and I bet he would understand. My DH is a chocoholic. I have to hide the chocolate chips to help his cause. He would eat a bag every day if they were in the pantry.

I take a look at your numbers (weight lost and weight till goal). You are are the other side of the mountain having lost more weight than you still want to lose. You are ahead of the game. Try to have something band/weight loss friendly in your house to replace the chocolate craving. What is your favorite fruit? Have that on hand instead.

You can do this...forget the little setback you had today and tell yourself you are on your way down the other side of the mountain!

I have not had the heart to ask cause they love there chocolate ok well I love the chocolate I just need to bite the bullet

Melissa, sometimes I crave choc too. I found Emerald 100 cal packs of cocoa roast almonds. They are not super sweet and have 3g of prot. Takes away the craving for me.

2+4, You are doing great, don't listen to that brat. Hope you DS is ok. He probably wanted to beat him up for you.

Eva, love your house and landscaping. It's wonderful. Of course I had to look at the plantings first. Had to go back & look at the bricks Apples mentioned. lol

Apples, I love your benches they are so cute.

I so enjoy seeing all the cool arts that everyone does. Laura you have great talents too. You always write such neat posts and your pics are great.

CBL

Laura K

Oh where is Janet?

Julie, almost forgot to give you my support and prayers for your appt tomorrow. I want it to help you so much. I don't know how you do eveything you do and be in such pain. You are amazing.

Laura K:thumbup:

Melissa, sometimes I crave choc too. I found Emerald 100 cal packs of cocoa roast almonds. They are not super sweet and have 3g of prot. Takes away the craving for me.

It sound good but I think I would get it and keep eating it all. I can do the 100 cal packs for a little bit then go crazy.

Thanks for the suggestion

Melissa, is it possible that you don't want to ask DH to not bring in the chocolate because secretly you want him too? I know that is me with chips. If I don't speak up then it's not my fault cause I didn't bring them in the house and therefore, I am the victim. But if I speak up and say don't bring them in any more then well, how am I going to get them when I 'need' them? You can do this, you've come so far. Can you do something to divert your attention til the craving passes? Tell DH to hide the chocolate so you don't see it and/or know where it is??

Julie, good luck tomorrow, I hope you get immediate relief. I'm not so sure how good a shopper I am. I have shopped a lot recently but overall not so much. I've had to take Grandma so much and then start looking for me. LOL But now, alas, my wardrobe is pretty complete and I don't have much to shop for anymore. It sure was fun while it lasted though. And I do love a bargain.

2plus4, I feel so for you and that 'brat' to say those things. You are on the right track though and soon that will be behind you.

Apples, dinner sounded yummy! Did he like his cake? Carrot cake is DH's favorite as well.

Janet, you are very missed!! Hope you are having fun. A fling? Facebook guy? Do tell??????

Great...I was super-surprised when I asked DH yesterday morning what kind of cake he wanted me to make. I already had lined up everything to make the choc cake with fudge frosting that he has been requesting for over 30 yrs. Could it be that hiding those choc chips over the last year cured his chocoholism???????? I think not.

Yeah, I hear you on the shopping. I have about everything I need and have really been watching any impulse buys. Just don't need a thing.