Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Eva, Happy Birthday to you.....

and to Apples DH

Linda, my DD has had to send them more info, Fed Student loans, transcripts and now they wanted past employers. So she is still in the running. Another student that interviewed with them from her school called to say he wasn't interested but bragged her up. They told him that field office couldn't touch her until the other one made their decision, so she may have another opportunity if they don't hire her for the first area. Same Bureau of Land Mgt but different areas in NV. Hoping they make a decesion soon. Don't want to move her home if they are going to be moving her to NV. Have about 3 weeks til grad day, but we all know that the gov don't move very fast.

LadyS love the convertible. Hot red..

Laura, great for you with the Dr.

Laura K

OK...now will see if I can catch up. Got company over the noon hour and just left now.

I did make it to the lake about 4pm yesterday. Took up a load in my truck and got everything moved in and situated about midnight last night. Tanker was so excited and smelled the vents all the way up cuz I kept talking to him about heading to the lake. About five miles from there, he started crying (never does that). He was way too excited. But, we were running neck in neck with the excitement factor. So nice to be back there. Not sure when I will be able to get back up but at least it is ready when I am. Had coffee on the deck this morning. I thought I died and went to heaven. Then had to lock it up and reality hit and home to do the books, help the guys, etc.

Eva...sounds like you are having a great day. And, thanks for sharing the photos of Glimmer and your backyard project. Glimmer is special. Can tell by his kind and gentle eyes.

You asked how youngest is doing. He's good. Just really struggling on his decision to move and follow GF to CA. We are staying out of it all unless he asks for advice. His decision and it's a big one for him.

LauraK....fingers crossed for DD and the job. Would be nice not to have to move her twice. Been there, done that many times with our 2 sons.

Julie...wise decision to put Mimi in daycare for a bit until you know how all this will go. As Eva stated, it's good for her to be exposed to other children. You can always change your mind and take her again if it works for you. You have stepped in for your DD quite a bit and that's so nice but Grandma's need to take care of themselves also. I bet there's a time in the near future when you will feel good enough to have her again. Maybe try to start slow and have her once in awhile when you think you are able?

Melissa...nice photo of you and DH. We have not been to a movie forever. Just haven't fit it in. We do buy a lot of movies so we do not miss out but I like going to the movie theater as a date. Back row and pretend like we are young. I always bring a surprise for DH in my purse and pull it out half way into the movie. Have done that since we started dating. Our first movie was Grease. That certainly dates us.

Great...Congrats on the once again empty nest. You guys can now run around necked again!

Linda...the brownies/beanies sounded different. I probably would have had to spit them out. I am not a huge fan of brownies to begin with and made with black Beans? ???????????????? I am sure you are a wonderful baker and good for you for trying them, but, YUK!

I will mark my calander for 12 yrs from now and will come down and pick up your DGD. Only problem is, if I ever give her back, she'll be spoiled rotten. No girls around here and we'd be having weekly trips to the Mall of America.

Arlene...hope your achey pain has eased. Hope the crackers don't affect your weigh-in. You deserve the break.

I'd better get back to work or I might get fired and have to be at the lake full time...Oh No!

House/concrete pics.

The first two are from 1999 when we bought the house. The rest are from this weekend. The last pic is the concrete I did Saturday. It has a bit of a problem, but over time, the color will fade and you won't be able to tell. Eventually, when I get the sidewalk done all the way down the south side, I will face the edge with brick so you won't see the outside edge, but that's a ways off.

I broke up the old sidewwalk into it's individual blocks and reset them staggered. Now I'm building it out to the driveway and long the south side of the house. You can see I need to do a little weeding and we need to have the driveway sealed again, but one step at a time. You can also see that my house is set up from the street so every time I walk...it's up hill coming home.

Edited by ocotillo

Wow Eva...what a difference. You guys have put a lot of work into that place. Looks great. You'd never know it is the same place! No wonder you are always sore. I think you have said b/4 about the brick, but, did you need to sandblast it?

No...it's just painted....the house is made of burnt adobe and it's very soft...I'd almost be afraid to sand blast it. I just took a paint brush with an off white paint and slopped it over it and it came out looking white washed. I actually painted the entire block part of it in 2 days. So when you ask what my hobbies are....they are working on the house and cooking.

Well, Eva, what you did with the brick looks wonderful. I love doing things with paints. I have a number of frames and mirrors I have "antiqued" without going to the bother of buying kits, etc.

I love going to auctions and garage/rumage sales. I buy old wooden chairs, strip them down and paint them. It's what my friend get for a gift when they move into a new home, birthday, etc. I will usually try to tie the detail on them to fit their decor. I will attach a photo of a couple of things I have done. Don't have photos of the many that were given away. I just love doing it though.

The first two photos are of a bench as you come up the stairs to the kitchen. The other is in our sunporch...a little tough to see the design with the window behind it.

Eva, wow, I agree, doesn't even look like the same place - wonderful job you've done!! You have so much talent! Love your Glimmer -- she looks so sweet - and loving. Mine is too. How can anyone not love dogs?

Apples, your Tanker is soooo cute -- so is your DH. LOL. He reminds me of a little boy on his first bike -- quite a grin he had for the picture. Tell him to have a fabulous b-day!! I don't know if you'll be able to spoil GD more than me, she's pretty spoiled already and I have another 12 years to keep spoiling her!! LOL.

Still at work, gotta get back to it.

CBL

Linda

Tanker and Glimmer look a lot like my Hunter and Lucy, both mine are black lab mixes. Lucy got a new toy today and is in heaven, she hasn't put it down yet. Lot's of talented folks on here with the yards, the baking, concrete, beads, sewing, etc.

I just got home from having lunch with DS, I went to his store (he's a Super Walmart asst mgr) for his lunch break and gave him a ride in my new vehicle. He liked it. Also, got a pedicure and stopped at a jewelers and sold some of my old gold chains that I haven't worn in years. I got $250! Not bad, I felt good about that. Now I can shop again!! LOL

Laura, congrats on the great check up. I just got a reminder for mine from my gynecologist but have put off making an appt. I thought of waiting and going to the one I liked so much when we last lived in UT 10 yrs ago.

Julie, I am sure you miss Mimi, just think of the fun you will have with her when you no longer have to deal with this pain!

Eva, glad you are having such a relaxing day. Your place looks great

Apples, glad you got up to the lake, how far a drive is it for you? I wish I had a place like that to go to. I enjoy our camping but would like it better if I had a place to return to with a floor and ceiling and walls that was all mine! Happy Bday to your DH as well!

Joyce, I love your red convertible!

Edited by Great2BThin

Apples, wow, you do a great job on furniture refinishing. I have some pieces I want to work on too, but they are waiting for me to retire. I have a solid wood headboard that I really like, but it needs to be refinished and some end tables too....I'll have more time than money one of these days and will be able to do them then.

I think I'm going to go look for a tree. Check back in later.

Eva

Told DH that all you girls wished him a happy bday. He said "Really? Tell them thanks". Told him you guys know EVERYTHING about him. His eyes got big.

Great...only a 45-50 minute drive to lake. Yep, I have all the comforts of home there. Did a bit of a downsizing at the end of last year. Too much to keep up and was working on vacations. Now we have the perfect size and DH and DS built a new deck that is more than triple the 16x8 one we have on the house. Yet to be installed but soon.

Joyce..forgot to compliment you on your sweet ride! Looks like it would fit me just fine, too.

Hey Laura...that 5lbs will come off....don't be blue about it. Do a couple of days of really sticking to it with no exceptions and you might just see a movement of the scale. Fingers crossed for you that you can hope right back on the horse.

Hi all

Apples, Tanker is beautiful. I love Labs. We had one many years ago. He was such a great natured dog. We all still miss him and talk about him still.

Eva, I hope you don't mind me calling you by your name and not your tag. Happy Birthday. Hope you had a great time. Your beautiful Glimmer looks such a kind and gentle boy. Labs are such loyal dogs. I will post pics of my babies when I can figure out how to do so.

Julie, again I hope you don't mind me calling you by your name and not your tag. I love your car. That is what my hubby and myself aspire to have when the kids grow up. But it has to be big enough to carry my two doggies with us. How terrible is that to want my kids grown up. I really don't, cause they grow up so fast as it is.

I have had a horrible experience earlier. I had to stop one of my sons from scrapping with his friend. His friend said to him that I couldn't see my feet because I was so fat. I just got my son and came home and cried. I really didn't think I was so repulsive to people. It makes me want this band to work more than ever. The thing is, as you know I am only 4 weeks out and have lost very little. Not even a 14 pounds yet so it feel a never reachable goal. I don't want sympathy, just wanted to get it off my chest.

Well I will finish now. Keep up the great posts.x

Hi all

Apples, Tanker is beautiful. I love Labs. We had one many years ago. He was such a great natured dog. We all still miss him and talk about him still.

Eva, I hope you don't mind me calling you by your name and not your tag. Happy Birthday. Hope you had a great time. Your beautiful Glimmer looks such a kind and gentle boy. Labs are such loyal dogs. I will post pics of my babies when I can figure out how to do so.

Julie, again I hope you don't mind me calling you by your name and not your tag. I love your car. That is what my hubby and myself aspire to have when the kids grow up. But it has to be big enough to carry my two doggies with us. How terrible is that to want my kids grown up. I really don't, cause they grow up so fast as it is.

I have had a horrible experience earlier. I had to stop one of my sons from scrapping with his friend. His friend said to him that I couldn't see my feet because I was so fat. I just got my son and came home and cried. I really didn't think I was so repulsive to people. It makes me want this band to work more than ever. The thing is, as you know I am only 4 weeks out and have lost very little. Not even a 14 pounds yet so it feel a never reachable goal. I don't want sympathy, just wanted to get it off my chest.

Well I will finish now. Keep up the great posts.x

2plus4...:mad:sorry you had to experience that with the little "brat". You know how kids can be. Try not to feel bad. You know what you need to do to make yourself healthy and you took the first steps by getting the band.

And, 14lbs or even if it were 2lbs lost...it's something lost. 14lbs is nothing to scoff at...you are doing great. Just keep up with what you are doing and stay with your doc's plan and you will be where you want to be. It's work but it's all so worth it. :thumbup:

2plus4 - Such a "brat" is right. You will show him - and you are on your way to health. Let's stay on our programs and let the world move over - we are on the road to success. I'm only 2 months post op and have a ways to go. We can do this.

So many ladies here to help show us the way and be here when we fall.

Joyce