Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi everyone, sounds like everyone had a nice weekend. We did too, enjoyed the nice weather today -- in the 70s and much warmer than yesterday. DH had a hankering for kebobs, so he bought steak and chicken and we made our own -- marinated the chicken in a fat free Italian Salad Dressing and then used that to brush on the kebobs instead of olive oil (as we used to do). Turned out great! I've always used italian dressing to marinate my chicken - it gives it such nice flavor.

Have you guys heard about this chef Roco (can't remember his last name) - he's on biggest loser a lot - anyway, I saw him on the Doctor's show a couple of weeks ago and he developed a recipe for a brownie that has 53 calories and only 1.5 grams of fat per brownie. So I ordered his cookbook and made the brownies today. They are made with black Beans instead of flour -- cocoa powder, egg substitute, splenda granulated, vanilla, Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup. Well, they are okay but not great - interesting and lots of Protein but kinda weird. I doubt I'll make them again. Interesting concept though.

Eva, my word that was a lot of concrete you mixed -- wow, that must have burned some calories. Did you cement a large area? Can't wait to see the pictures.

Janet, sorry about your tiff with Andrew We had a fight with my step son today too - he's really pushing his limits here and it really upset me. I'm so tired of problems with these kids - wish they would grow up and become responsible and take care of themselves. Hopefully he's learning a good lesson and is scared enough to not make the same mistake again. Hope you and Andrew are back on the mend.

Deb, I love to clean too -- when I'm in the mood -- I love the smell of murphy's oil soap too -- lol. It's such a good feeling when you get all that kind of stuff done, isn't it?

Jodi, you are so lucky to have those clothes at your disposal -- don't feel guilty - I'm sure you've done your share of volunteering and giving over the years, so enjoy -- you deserve it and as you lose weight it will save you so much money - plus you won't be wearing the clothes very long before donating them back as you lose weight. Congrats on your losses - you're doing fantastic - keep up all the good work. So nice your DD is proud of your accomplishments -- she sounds wonderful. You were a smart lady not to have talked bad about her dad to her -- it could have been so disastrous if you had -- she's a lucky girl to have such a great mom.

Apples, you can have my DGD when she's around 14 or 15, okay? Not until then. LOL. She is something else. DH started working on putting the swing set together today -- she can't wait, but my word, it's a huge project -- it's one of the wooden ones and it's got tons and tons of bolts, etc. Over 50 diagrams in the book -- he got just one little section done today.

Julie, I know you'll miss Mimi, but she'll enjoy the day care as well and you'll still get to watch her when DD goes out with her DF. It really will help you to heal faster if you're not lifting her -- I know cause I seldom lift my GD but every once in awhile, it's just necessary. She weighs 32 lbs. also and that's a lot of weight.

Okay girls, I've never been to NYC either and am DYING to go -- I can't go this year, but am willing to go any other time. That would be a fun trip for us.

LauraK any word on DD's job offer? Hope she gets it.

Arlene, sorry to hear about your fibro. Mine has been relatively quiet for the past month or so, but you never know when it's going to hit. You're doing so great with your new plan, congrats on the weight loss.

Lori, glad you are liking your new car. Did you trade in your old one?

Well, that's about all I can remember. Hope everyone has a great week. Thanks again for all the compliments on my pictures. Appreciate it.

Happy Birthday tomorrow Eva!!!! Hope it's the BEST one ever!

Love, Linda

Edited by ljv52

Apples, I will do that (eat slowly this week with eraser-sized bites) and see if I'm just too tight. Good advice! I definitely don't want to risk anything bad happening. I sort of always have erosion and slippage in the back of my mind.

I forgot to tell you all that I had a funny sewing day yesterday. I decided to make a scarf and ended up sewing through my finger twice! Just the tip, so it wasn't anything terrible, but the worst part was having to cut the threads that went through my finger so I could detach myself from the scarf!! Yikes. I also started making a cool wrap top from a pretty lilac knit. It's the sort of thing that'll be good for cool spring and summer nights.

I don't know if I told you already, but I'm going to see my daughter in NYC for my birthday in early May. I'm very excited about going---we're going to go to this cool Korean spa and take in the Met (my favorite museum), and go specialty bra shopping in this little store that has expert bra ladies to fit you. How exciting is that?! hee I always love going to see her, and NYC is a lot of fun. Mucho walking, so I'm glad that I'm in better shape than the last time I was there. One of the reasons I'm making some clothes is for this trip. I don't want to buy a lot of new stuff, and I have the fabric already, so I just need to sew it up. I'll have to post a pic of the scarf.

OMG really??? we must get together! Where does your daughter live? Is the Bra shop on the LES or maybe the UWS, there is two stores that are my favorites that everyone goes to....Town on the UWS I frequent more often but the one on the LES they know more about what fits and how. I get all my bathing suits at Town.....they know bathing suits! In fact this summer I will be able to wear some that I had gotten there more then ten yrs ago that I never gave away thinking next summer, next summer.

In any case...where is your daughter?? If you will have time id love to get together with you for sure!

Jodi

Good Morning - Drive by on my way to the showers

Eva Happy Birthday !!!!! Hope you have a great day - any special plans...

Happy Birthday Eva! I hope you have a blessed day!

Well, I am back with the living. The past couple of days were Yuck! I hadn't felt that bad since before I started on medication for Fibromyalgia. Of course, babysitting didn't help the cause either. Now, it is Monday! I am in crunch time for Wednesday weigh in. I went off track yesterday and ate saltine crackers. I hope it isn't reflected in my loss.

Jodi, that would be really cool if we could meet. My daughter lives waaaay up there in Washington Heights, and teaches elem. school there. We end up doing a bunch of stuff downtown though, which usually includes a trip to the garment district for me to buy fabric! I think we're going to the Town Shop for the bras...I should look for a bathing suit while I'm there too!

My e-mail is deborah.dechurch@gmail.com, so you can contact me there about the details.

Happy Birthday, Eva!!! Hope you have a great day.

Apples, I followed your advice yesterday and didn't have a problem with getting stuck or pb'ing at all. Just goes to show that you really have to work on changing those habits of eating fast.

Happy Birthday Eva.............. Hope you have fun things to do today...... not just work...... Suppose DH has something nice planned for supper.....

I really slept in today... The pain was bad yesterday later in the day so I didn't get to sleep until late... Was up a couple times when DH got up and before he left for work.... Then just laid on the couch and slept a while longer... Today the wind is blowing a 100 miles and hour so not a fun day to be outside.... don't know what I'll do today.... No Mimi, no energy, no ideas.....So I guess I'll just be a couch potato......... Really, I do have paperwork to do so best get it done when I can..

Arlene, I'm happy to hear you are feeling better... Those saltines shouldn't hurt you much at all..... Just forget about them and move on..... good luck with the weigh-in...

Jodi and Deb, it would be wonderful if you could hook up in NY..... We'll all be anxious to see pictures if you do!!!

Linda, our GD's must be about the same age.... Mimi will be 3 on the 26th now..... They are fun, but when they aren't it's a lot of work.... I miss her already....

Well, I should at least get dressed, it's almost 11:00.... You all have a good day.... TTYL............ Julie

Quick post here...will talk more once my men are out working again after lunch.< /span>

2Plus4...

Here's a couple photos of my baby, Tanker. He's an 8yr old lab/human cross.

Tractor photo is for Nelson. Implement behind is a planter

OK...this is a photo of DH on his Schwin that DS and I got him for his bday today (yes, Eva, you are sharing a carrot cake with him!). He's always wanted the bike he rode as a kid and we found one for him last week. He's so happy with it. It's actually in really good shape....and so is he!:thumbup:

EVA~~~happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear eva, happy birthday to you!!!

Apples~ that cake was adorable! aww. And the story of that soldier eating your baked goods was so sweet. : ) Your lake place misses you too and you will be there soon enough.

Janet~ <echo echo echo> Where is she?! ahh, just saw the drive by. HI!

Julie~ Hugs. I am sure making the decision to have Mimi stay in day care is tough. It is a great decision though, so that you can get fully recovered so you can spend more quality time with her. She will be fine and will enjoy playing with the other kids.

Arlene~ hope you feel better soon.

Linda~ Blackbean muffins? sounds weird. The kabobs sound delicious though. Just loved your pics! You are looking great!

Melissa~ Loved the pic of you and DH. Glad you had a good time.

Great~ I hope you are enjoying your Monday. I loved having the movers pack this last move! I had two extra rooms (that didn't have furniture yet) so I had them unpack and just put things in little aisles. (the bigger boxes.) B/c they pack with so much paper and stuff. Any nibbles on the house yet?

I just returned from appointments. I had my annual internist appointment. He was very happy with my weightloss and everything else. As a matter of fact he had very little to say to me. I realized that I am used to my drs lecturing me and advising me to lose weight or you're gonna die, etc. He said "looks great, you're doing good, labs are fine, see you in a year". He must have seen the shock in my face and he said "is there something else you wanted to talk to me about?". LOL. Then since I was fasting (although he didn't want any additional labs since my surgeon did some last month- I decided to stop in at my surgeon's and see if I could get a fill. I was up 5 lbs since my one year appt in March. (SIGH) She said the dr wouldn't allow her to do fills today b/c he would be in a conference tomorrow and wouldn't be able to unfill if someone was too tight. WHAT?! I was pissed. (and combined with being fasting I think I showed my unhappiness a little more than I should have. read: bitch) I have been wanting to eat the last few days and it makes me mad. I hate the feeling of "slipping off the bandwagon". We've all been there- and it just feels horrible.

I can't see anymore posts.. and can't remember anything else. Will CBL... peasout.. Laura

Happy Birthday, Eva - would you share some of that cake that Apples made for you - wonder if cyber eating is fattening. lolol

Apples - lovely cake and charming idea.

Love your Tanker - lab/human and bike for hubby is wonderful. What a find - both bike & husband. Easy to see from that farm equipment that you have a very big farm.

Busy weekend here - yard work and so happy to have my convertible out - top down and drove all over yesterday. GD & co-workers held a fund raiser for cancer research. They are hair stylists and used their skills to raise $$$. So proud of them.

Well - need to get ready for physical therapy.

Enjoy the day.

Joyce

Convertible pix

Apples,....tell you DH HAPPY BIRTHDAY....no wonder I like you....you have good taste in birthday's. Thanks for the cake too....glad it's just a virtual one for me.

Thanks to the rest of you too for the birthday wishes. I'm doing just what I want to today....piddling. I've watered (and fed) some plants and finishing laundry....played on the computer.....think I'll go tree shopping this afternoon.

It seemed that we had things to do all weekend and all I wanted to do is hang out, so that's what I'm doing today. I don't mind watering and playing with my plants, when I can do it on my schedule, then it's relaxing.

Julie, no plans for dinner...maybe a BBQ....hamburgers....like I said before, I just want a little down time. I'm still sore from all the activity this weekend.

Laura...good thing on the lab tests...it's nice not being lectured isn't it? Hang in there with the eating. You've been under a little stress lately so you'll get back on track soon...as I am. Weening off the sugar isn't easy. It's some chemical addiction and some mental. I've been afraid to get on the scale, but will do so tomorrow. I really don't think I'm doing too bad, but I know I'm not losing right now.

Okay, I'm going to post pictures next...I'll do it in another post.

Since we are sharing old dog photos...here's my old girl Glimmer. She just had her 11th birthday.

Then there is the before and after picture of my back yard...before tree and after tree....yes, it's a mess, but that will change over time. I will plant a new (different tree) and hopefully put some sod in, rearrange my planters and have things growing....I'm too excited.