Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Morning Gang...

Charlene - I LOVE Pure Grace & Amazing Grace yes you have to try them - If you have a Macy's close by they carry it too so you can go smell it first.

Your friends PS is a lot - but you know what - I think that's the way to go - get the pain over with... That's the biggest reason for me not doing it - and the $$ to that kind of surgery is big bucks..

Hugs on DD issue - glad everything is ok..

Great - Glad you are home and enjoyed your trip - Never been to Hawaii - Might just have to do a cruise there - but heard no gambling on the ship when in the USA waters - and thats something I do at night and days at sea..

Julie - Glad Mimi is ok - you need a restful weekend - I have white blinds too - Isn't it funny on what we spend $$$ on - some things we will spend alot and other things - oh well - I don't care that much ;0) I have blinds and curtains in my bedroom - in the living room kitchen and office I have what are the called - boxes with fabric over them - valance or something like that on the top of the window.. I would like to add some curtains on the sides - but finding the right color is the problem and I am terrible on hanging stuff - too many holes..

Well wanted to sleep in this morning - but didn't turn off the alarm- plus the dogs are timed to get up at 5 and go potty and Andrew has to be at work at 7:30 so have to wake him at 6:15 - still fighting myself about the gym - lets see who wins :0)..

Melissa - my x hated most of my perfumes - that was such a pain in the butt - but we have a lady at work who drowns herself in perfume and it makes me sick.. So I guess I understand now where he was coming from..

Everyone must be busy - here I am furlough friday- got time on the computer and everyone is gone - well back to my wii fit plus exercising...

Quote: All my molars are either filled and mosted are capped and I have a bridge on the left rear side (missing 2 teeth) - missing a molar upper right but far enough back and I don't want another bridge - one doc said get implant but those take six months an that's just too much time in the dentist office for me..

Janet, I'm truly frightened now. I too have a bridge on the bottom left of my mouth. Are we truly 2 different people? LOL. We are so darn much alike, it's truly getting weird.

Linda

Quote: All my molars are either filled and mosted are capped and I have a bridge on the left rear side (missing 2 teeth) - missing a molar upper right but far enough back and I don't want another bridge - one doc said get implant but those take six months an that's just too much time in the dentist office for me..

Janet, I'm truly frightened now. I too have a bridge on the bottom left of my mouth. Are we truly 2 different people? LOL. We are so darn much alike, it's truly getting weird.

Linda

Well they say everyone has a twin :0)

Everyone must be busy - here I am furlough friday- got time on the computer and everyone is gone - well back to my wii fit plus exercising...

Thanks for telling me that the cologne is at Macy's. I went to a mexican restaurant for lunch and had a chicken fajita salad. I could only eat about two oz of meat and a half a cup of salad. I walked in the sunshine today. It was awesome.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! As for me.....I am babysitting two grandkids. Mixed bag.......love to play with them , but the baby cries for about an hour before he falls asleep. :biggrin:

Good afternoon. I am here Janet? Where's Apples today? I just got home from taking Grandma to lunch and Walmart and I should be cleaning house. We have 2 realtors coming this evening to do market anayisises (sp) on the house. they get submitted to the relo company and if their prices are within 5% of each other we pick who we want to list the house, if not they send a 3rd realtor to come up with a good 'sell in 60 days' price. So the move process is getting started. We also have a realtor in Salt Lake now sending us lots of info on houses there. Looks like we can easily get something we'd be happy with but it's hard to go by a photo on teh computer as well. Part of me is anxious to get this process started and to get moved and settled, I don't do well with the uncertainity of things and like things all tied up in neat little boxes so to speak. On the other hand I dread moving. And I know my grandma does and it's getting really hard every time I see her listening to her go on about me moving and how she will never see me again. I tell her over and over how I will be back lots but she doesn't think so and I can't convince her otherwise.

I have mostly white blinds with curtains/drapes hanging down the sides. I have the wider blinds not mini blinds, except my slider has vertical blinds and it has a cornice (that's what those boxes are called, Janet) that DH made covered in fabric that matches the drapes in the rest of the room. I love Ikea for getting window treatments, they are so cheap and long and I buy extras to make other window treatments out of, even made a duvet cover out of some to match in the bedroom.

Perfume, I just got a new one I liked last year on our Mediterranean cruise called appropriately Mediterranean by Elizabeth Arden. Before that I liked Red. I don't buy it often and forget a lot of time to even spray it on. I liked all the Philosophy ones when I worked at QVC I'd spray a tester on me every day, I got kindda tired of it, but now would like it again. however, it never lasted long on me, maybe I am too stinkiy for it. LOL

Had dinner last night with DD and her new DH, they had a great time on their honeymoon cruise. She is in the process of settlingin at his Townhome, it's a little weird to be moving into a place he was so settled in. She still has a load of stuff to pick up here at the house and plans to be by on Sunday for church and will get it after that.

Not sure how many of you here now remember DH's carjacking last spring (it was a year ago in March), but the DA is coming by today to take pics of the hood of his car where they banged it with the gun for evidence. The trial got postponed til July and DH will have to testify. And he may have to in a civil trial as well. The dead guys's family is now suing for excessive use of force. DUH!! He had a gun to DH's head and also shot at the detectives. Poor police officers seems so many want to make them out to be the bad guys anymore. DH is so grateful he will do anything to help them out.

Well I better go get to my cleaning, the realtors need to take photos and I don't want a dirty house in the photos.

Good Morning Gang...

Melissa - my x hated most of my perfumes - that was such a pain in the butt - but we have a lady at work who drowns herself in perfume and it makes me sick.. So I guess I understand now where he was coming from..

We have a woman that does that at well at work.

My Mom sent the following to me so I had to share.

"Now we know the answer.

With time, women gain weight because we accumulate so much information

And wisdom in our head that it distributes itself down into the rest of our body, when there is no more room in our head.

So those who appear heavy aren't actually fat, they are just enormously cultured,

well informed, wise, educated and happy.

Beginning today, when I look at my butt and hips in the mirror I will

think, Good grief, look how smart I am!

Must be where 'Smart Ass' came from!

"

My Mom sent the following to me so I had to share.

"Now we know the answer.

With time, women gain weight because we accumulate so much information

And wisdom in our head that it distributes itself down into the rest of our body, when there is no more room in our head.

So those who appear heavy aren't actually fat, they are just enormously cultured,

well informed, wise, educated and happy.

Beginning today, when I look at my butt and hips in the mirror I will

think, Good grief, look how smart I am!

Must be where 'Smart Ass' came from!

"

That is great! Thanks for sharing!!! (smart ass)

Well, 2/2 of going to the gym since I returned!!! I was 6 lbs UP Wed night when I weighed! (But I had restricted fluids and drank 3 bottles of Water in the afternoon). By morning I was down 3. So- it looks like a 3 lb gain. It was incredibly stressful eating 3 meals a day with others! My mom was cooking to try to get Dad to eat. Chemo is killing his appetite so she was putting extra in to get him to like it. I had added a few bites of bread here and there (since I had 2.6cc out and could tolerate it). UGGHHH. Back to the grindstone again! Yesterday I did 45 min on threadmill and then my weight circuit. (I had lost a lot of strength). Today I did only 30 min on threadmill, BUT...... I got DH to go to the Y with me! (he hasn't gone in 5 mo or so). So, I am feeling a little back to normal.

Julie~Sooooooo glad Mimi did well. : )

Great~ Welcome back. I wouldn't know what to do without a camera! LOL. But ya know, when you have been to Hawaii SOOOO MANY times... ha ha. <wink wink> Joking.

Apples~ Hope you enjoyed your day. Sorry it was so cold.

Janet~ sorry we were too quiet for you! Who won? you or the gym?

Eva~ I hear you on the sugar! It is such a vicious cycle! Glad the electric/inspections is done! I know that was bugging you.

Arlene~ WTG on the lunch. Have fun with the grandkids.

Hi to everyone else. CRS today. Just got home from picking up Nels at school and the boys are already in the pool. Gonna grill burgers tonight. I made a blackbean salad to go with them.

CBL.. peasout.. Laura

Oh gosh, I hope I didn't sound like a braggert when i said I had been to Hawaii so many times before. You know the real reason I went there so much? It was the cheapest place we could take our kids on vacation. We flew free so that wasn't an issue. Then we got 50% off on hotels for an airline employee discount. All my kids wanted to do was hang out at the beach which was free and eat McDonalds, Jack in the Box and Burger King. My parents laughed and said oh so you figured it out, huh? When I was a kid my dad also was an airline employee, in fact he is how DH got hired, and we went there every year on vacation too for the exact same reason.

I think I am going to like DH's new position though if I get to travel like that with him a lot. Heck I won't have much else to do in Utah! LOL He has to go to San Antonio soon and I've always wanted to go there and see the RiverWalk, Arlene, is that anywhere close to you??

Hi everyone! Geez, I just read through about 8 pages of posts...got back from our trip to Pittsburgh and Cleveland, but have been busy for the past few days. It takes a while to catch up, doesn't it?!

Had a nice visit with hubby's relatives and saw my mom. It was a whirlwind tour.

I'm a lover of good perfumes, have a ton of them (started collecting them a few years ago), so my favorites change. I love the old heavy perfumes, Estee Lauder's Youth Dew, Shalimar, and Opium, but I also love Feminite du Bois, Calandre, Dune, and Tommy Girl. I try not to put too much on, as I know Youth Dew especially can be WAAAY too strong.

Lost a few more pounds, even though I thought I ate way too much on my trip. Then last night I succumbed to eating chocolate. I'm back on the wagon again today though. And no beating myself up. Right now it's almost quitting time and I'm so hungry...I have some good fresh cod that I'm baking tonight.

I'm glad to hear Mimi is fine and Apple's son is doing OK too.

Quite thread today cuz I've not been on blabbing?????? I think I may be right!

Busy day on the farm. Up at 4:30, did laundry, hung jeans, towels and bedding on the line while it was still dark out. On the road by 7am, 70 mile drive to Walmart to pick up compact flash cards for the tractor and supplies for the lake. Spent an hour searching and asking and searching and asking about the cards only to find out that they did not have them. Drove another 40 miles to another town...they only had one. Found out after all of this that our own little store in town had what I needed. Back home by noon to feed my two guys (yes, two...nice). Baked 8 doz Cookies (2 diff kinds), scrubbed my kitchen floor, all the cabinets, frig and stove. I am always in a hurry and knocked a 1/2 gallon of milk off the counter so ended up spending the last hour scrubbing every surface in the kitchen. Spilled all over my braided wool rug. DH is so cool. He took time from calibrating his new planter to get the pressure washer out and cleaned it for me.

I also got all the packing done for the lake in the last 3 hours. Thought I was hot flashing but think it was just from running like a crazy lady.

Beautiful day here. 77 degrees this afternoon...28 this morning when I left the house. I think it is safe to say our spring weather is quite fickle.

Janet...hope you are not still sitting in front of your computer screen just waiting for someone to post! You were talking about veneers...I would never do the too white. Would make sure they were "age appropriate". Very unsure right now what I will end up doing. Have to wait till I get my estimates and then make a decision.

I also have white blinds...well, in the kitchen and dining area. They are wide slat wood. I love them and they are really easy to keep clean. I have an Oreck that straps on my shoulder and just brush them clean. Every once in awhile I clean the slats individually with a cloth. I would do them again. The other rooms have wide slat also.

Eva...hoping you see the end to your electrical project soon and you can get your tree planted. We did all underground wiring when we moved here 23 yrs ago. Also did it on our other farm site. Such a worry to have wires hanging with all the big equipment going under it. First month we were here, DH went under the wire loop with an implement when the arms and markers were up. He melted the tires on the implement. He was lucky. We had a neighbor electrocuted about 30 yrs ago when he was moving an auger under a wire. Also, one of our groomsmen was electrocuted 7 months after our wedding when he was moving irrigations pipes. That spurred us to take care of them.

Cheri...must have missed that you are on vacation. Hope you are having a relaxing time.

Hey Linda...Well, I am thinking you and I and Janet must be triplets! Your bridges and caps and filled molars sound just like mine. My Quest to have a better smile is my plastic surgery. I was SURE that I would need PS after weight loss but really no need for it. Not saying I'm perfect but look no different than any other 54 yr old lady. So, the PS fund is now a smile fund. I have always disliked my teeth and I am looking at it as the last step in my journey.....well...maybe a few more shoes and clothes to adorn the new me!

LauraK...wishing your DD the best as she is looking for a job.

Great...nice to have you back. Lucky girl! Good luck with getting your cleaning done and showing your house and the appraisal. If it were me, I would be anxious to get the move done and not have it hanging over my head. Sounds like your GM is really going to miss you. I feel for her and hoping your sisters step in and "try" to replace what you do for her.

Julie... sounds like Mimi's surgery went as planned. Good to hear. Hope this does the trick for her. I had a little sister who had lots of troubles and tended to be sickly a lot. Removed the adnoids and tonsils and she really thrived. They found out that she had stuck some dryer lint up her nose and that was causing all the trouble. Still today she is not the brightest...

What kind of shots are they going to give you? That approval came quickly. Happy for you.

Arlene...have a good time with the grandkids. My two sons had a tough time settling down to get to sleep also. It was so hard to let them cry but it was the only thing that worked. It wasn't an hour but seemed like it...about 15 minutes. It was tough on me to listen. Hope DD will be OK.

Hi Laura...sounds like you are really working at getting those 3lbs off. I am sure it was tough to leave your folks but bet you are happy to settle back into home and your own routine. Swin a couple of laps for me this weekend. Thank you.

DS just yelled in the door...gotta run for some planter parts. Sorry I missed some of you...later.

LOL, I'm still giggling Apples, you cracked me up. Does your DS still put the dryer lint up her nose? When I was reading that it just cracked me up. And yes, we probably are triplets -- separated at birth -- except I'm so much older than you and Janet, but we sure have a lot in common, don't we?

Welcome back Lori, glad you have made it safely home to Colorado. When we decided to leave Long Beach, we packed most everything and stored the boxes in the garage, listed the house on a Monday, the agent had an open house that Sat. and we had 10 offers and sold it that same day (this was in the boom days). We asked for a 6 week escrow. Two weeks later we flew here and bought a house and 4 weeks later we moved. In my opinion, the quicker it happens, the better. Remember i was an AF wife for many years, so moving is one of my "specialties". What I hate the most is getting to the new house and unpacking boxes and thinking, "why oh why did I spend good money shipping this?" LOL. No matter how much I try to get rid of unnecessary things, some always manage to "move" with me.

Deb, glad you had a good trip to Pittsburg and got to visit your mom. I'm sure she enjoyed your visit as well.

Jessica, sorry to hear about the drowning situation. I'm sure it will all work out okay.

Laura, glad you had a good Easter with the folks. Sorry about your Dad. When I saw the picture on FB I thought, gee he looks good -- sorry he was angry about it, but know he really doesn't mean to get that way I'm sure.

Julie, I am so happy you are approved for some shots for your pain (cortizone?). I just hope it will bring you relief - it's not fair for you to have to live with so much pain.

Melissa, I loved your "smart ass" quote -- very very cute -- and of course, I used to be extremely smart.

LauraK, I do hope your daughter gets that job, I'm hoping for the best for her!

Okay, my family buys me White Diamonds all the time for Christmas, etc., so I never really have a chance to try new perfumes. I guess it smells okay on me as I get compliments.

Step daughter was sick again -- had to have GD for a few days.

Tomorrow I go to the local book store to read my story. They have a kitchen in the book store and every month they do a "cooking with books" and they invited me to read my story and they'll make the muffins. Should be a fun morning, looking forward to it. Hope someone shows up, they're charging $5 for it seems a bit pricey to me for muffins -- maybe they'll make something else to go with it. Otherwise I may be reading to myself. LOL.

Gotta run, meeting DH for dinner at our Mexican restaurant and I'm aleady a couple mins. late and have to go potty first.

Beautiful day here today - in the 70s -- wore springy clothes to work. TGIF!

CBL

Linda

Linda...have not seen "Lint Shoving Sister" since 1996. I have one of those families that needed not to be in my life. Sad but necessary. I'm good though. I have sooooooooo many "fake" sisters and all of you "cyber sisters" that I truly love!

Oh gosh, I hope I didn't sound like a braggert when i said I had been to Hawaii so many times before. You know the real reason I went there so much? It was the cheapest place we could take our kids on vacation. We flew free so that wasn't an issue. Then we got 50% off on hotels for an airline employee discount. All my kids wanted to do was hang out at the beach which was free and eat McDonalds, Jack in the Box and Burger King. My parents laughed and said oh so you figured it out, huh? When I was a kid my dad also was an airline employee, in fact he is how DH got hired, and we went there every year on vacation too for the exact same reason.

I think I am going to like DH's new position though if I get to travel like that with him a lot. Heck I won't have much else to do in Utah! LOL He has to go to San Antonio soon and I've always wanted to go there and see the RiverWalk, Arlene, is that anywhere close to you??

San Antonio is about 3 1/2 hrs away. Let me know when you are going. Heck , if I had free fare to Hawaii I would have gone every winter. It is expensive to eat there, but you can find specials all over the island, and public transportation is cheap.