Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

hey all,im kinda sad ive almost lost 100 pds ,i work out alot everyday but notice now some hanging skin under arms and thighs.id love to lose more but would never be able to pay for the skin removed.so dont think ill try to lose much more,id be sick if i had to look at that hanging skin rest of my life.its got me so depressed.im happy i lost it but sad because of the skin makes me ill.ive gotten some weights to try to tighten it up,just hope it will help,the thights im not sure what to do about,thanks for listeniong to my whineing

Evening ladies....

Julie, I'm glad you were able to get to the hospital and visit. That's special especially with one birth and one possible loss. Truly the cycle of life. Can't wait to see you soon.

Apples, that's some snow. I made DH get out of bed and come look at the pictures. My DH has a problem with finishing projects too. He can get very intensely involved with something he is interested in, but other projects....well, they get tinkered with. I'm very bad about sticking to any project but cooking (I usually finish that). I always get distracted and side tracked. I have to be really motiviated to finish something...then I do. Feels good then too.

Linda and Cheri, very interesting stories. Both of you should be proud of yourselves.

Prayers for Tinka.

Laura, I'm like you....freezing when it's 50...but then other days, 50 is ok.

My fingers are cold this winter. They get cold and I can't get them warm....this is not usual for me.

Great...pins and needles until we find out what you are going to do......Oklahoma maybe? The retirement thing though is a really big issue (IMHO). You can always move back to CO when you retire.

Phyl, don't think anyone is going to let you off that pancake hook.

I was pretty grumpy yesterday because of some stuff at work and I thought the company was making a really stupid decision on a huge project we are doing. It may be easier for someone now, but it would cost us big time in the future....well...I found out today, our planners are going to do it the way it should be done. It really helped to know we can make good decisions (sometimes).

I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday...yipee.

I had sashimi for lunch...less than 1/4 c rice and raw fish and veggies....yum. For dinner I had BBQ beef (home made) and as good as it was and I wanted to eat more I didn't. Yeah. I'm still full. I'm noticing that beef digests much more slowly and it keeps me full longer. I prefer chicken thighs over breasts too. I still can eat anything so maybe after the next fill that will change, but right now....anything chewed up and eaten half way slowly goes down.

Seems I'm always the last one posting. Hope you all had a good night.

Eva

Ha ha.... you aren't the last to post, Eva! LOL

I'm still up and just getting around to LBT...

too much FB... Challenge Sudoku has me hooked at the moment!

TOPS weigh in this morning.. down 2 lb. Hopefully back on track!

Trouble with dinner last night... tilapia. Don't know why I always have trouble with it. Couldn't finish small filet and some spinach.

Had steak tonight... filet mignon.. small one. Had to eat it very slowly, but was able to finish it, mushrooms, onions and a few peas.

Hi Janet

,I e-mailed you before and you advised me

to get an unfill and I did.It made all the difference.I had surgery in June and have lost about 45 pounds.I am really struggling with my eating though.Whenever I try to eat meat my stomach hurts so bad and I usually end up throwing up.Most days I grind my Beans and make a soup.It seems I can eat yogurt, soft foods and a small amout of Fiber one Cereal. I can almost never eat before 11. I have went back to a high protien shake (1 a day) because I know I am not getting enough Protein. I don;t fill like I am too tight I just think I am starting to really learn about my band now.I think it is harder now than at first. I spent most of the holidays not eating much and feeling sick if I tried to eat much.I can honestly say when someone asks me what I'm hungry for it is usually soup.That seems to be the one safe thing for me.

I know you have been banded for a long time and would appreciate any input you may have.Bless you for being so willing to help so many.

Janet

Ha ha.... you aren't the last to post, Eva! LOL

I'm still up and just getting around to LBT...

too much FB... Challenge Sudoku has me hooked at the moment!

TOPS weigh in this morning.. down 2 lb. Hopefully back on track!

Trouble with dinner last night... tilapia. Don't know why I always have trouble with it. Couldn't finish small filet and some spinach.

Had steak tonight... filet mignon.. small one. Had to eat it very slowly, but was able to finish it, mushrooms, onions and a few peas.

Phyll...congrats on the 2lbs and even after the holidays. Must have been the pancake!:thumbup:

Have you ever noticed, Phyll, that tilapia swells when you cook it? I can hardly eat much of it. I would say about 1/2 of the portion of any other Protein I eat. Filet mignon...goes down really good but seems like it sits in my stomach for 2 days. I think it might be too rich for my system.

Morning Girls...been up for a couple of hours already. I'm usually a pretty good sleeper. Just have trouble getting to sleep most nights. Just me. Mostly wake up to tinkle. Well, the last week or so I have been waking up soooooooooo often. Was up at 12:30 (ate oatmeal), up at 2:15 for an hour and then just got up and had hot chocolate (thought that would help) finally got back to sleep and up at 4:10. But, good news...I think it's our new blanket...too warm. We have always slept with just a sheet and a quilt. With my weight loss I felt like I should have another blanket. I pin pointed my sleep loss that started the night I threw that darned micro fiber blanket on the bed.

Janet...sending some warm and fuzzy feelings your way. You POOR THING...you actually had to get up and shut the back door???? 60 degrees???? OH MY WORD! How did you ever survive that????

Jewel...so sorry for your MIL issues. She actually should be seeing to your needs right now and making sure you are comfortable. I hate to say this since I don't know her personally but what a bat. (Just felt good to say that...sorry). Hang in there for now and just try to take care of you and do everything in your power to get out from under her roof. Living with a family member can really put a strain on the relationship.

Eva...way to go on saving your company a headache down the road. OK...another naive food question for you...what is sashimi? Around here, if it's not deep fried, dripping in dip or have a crust, it's not considered fine dining.

Snow plows have been by twice already so our road is open. Still blowing but I might just warm up my truck and meet someone for coffee in town. Or, could be sensible and stay home. Hummmm....

hey all,im kinda sad ive almost lost 100 pds ,i work out alot everyday but notice now some hanging skin under arms and thighs.id love to lose more but would never be able to pay for the skin removed.so dont think ill try to lose much more,id be sick if i had to look at that hanging skin rest of my life.its got me so depressed.im happy i lost it but sad because of the skin makes me ill.ive gotten some weights to try to tighten it up,just hope it will help,the thights im not sure what to do about,thanks for listeniong to my whineing

Welcome Nazzy...first of all congrats on the 100lbs lost. That skin issue is something I think we all just have to learn to deal with. I'll take any hanging skin over the fat I had any day. Any chance of your ins. covering some if you were to have it taken care of? I am 54 yrs old and lost 139lbs. I have some hanging skin...I do not want to have an elective surgery and I do not want to go to the expense. I just have learned how to dress to cover.

I do 3lbs weights for my arms 3xday with 40-50 reps each time. It actually seems to have helped. Thighs...I guess I have just accepted that they are what they are. It's something we live with.

hey,nice to hear from you,wtg on weight loss.i know i sorta had that problem to for awhile,i know the nurse at lap band place told me if it gets where you cant eat much try liquids like apple juice for 2 days then 2 days Soup then try food.i got that biggest loserprotein and mix it with skim milk and a little strawberry Syrup, i drink 1 a day when i have them days i cant eat much,i also walk even in this cold 4 miles or more a day.sometimes i split them up,i am doing 5lbs hand weights trying to make skin under arms tighter,if your not doing them best start now,i do sets of 30 at a time 3 times a day,sometimes more,for some reason i can eat small amounts of meatloaf,i chew really good,bean buritos with chz i do,cause they is soft.i like that ready made tomatoe soup,add a couple crackers,i also drink a glass grape juice a day or a v8 drink,no soda i gave that up,but i do really like milk so i have 2/3 glasses 1 percent a day with strawberry syrup,seems to coat my stomach.and i try to drink crystal light purple grape,drink.i notice if i dont really chew chew it can come up.also im really careful not to drink a half hour before meal and after meal 1/2 hrs.or ill feel sick.my dr also told me i can have half a dove candy bar 2 times a week with dinner.this also sounds weird but i drink 2/3 5 hr energy drinks like the shots each week and take a muli vitiam,i really like the red line energy shots best.some people say they is strong but they really help me get goling.i just drink half of the shot a day.works for me great@@@i dont like much in am either,but i do like a slimfast diet bar sometimes or a carnation instant Breakfast drink,sometimes i have a almond wallmart bar.they seem to stay down great.im mostly trying to up the protien tho.that n biggest loser powder is great gthe vanilla, its about 10 bucks for it,like i said i have it with milk skim or 1 percent and use the starwberry syrup just alittle to make it taste good,and its really good,like vanilla best.u can stir it or use in blender.with a little ice.that way im getting ex protien.also i make xh surpme its boneless ck un cooked in a 9x13 pan,cut inbto small pieces lay on bottom pan,then add 1 can cream mushroom u can get the reduced kind,no Water layer ir over chick,then swiss cz layer the pack over the soup and pre cooked stove top stuffing u can get the reduced king.make sure u cook stuffing first then layer over it cook 45 mins on 350,its yummy,i cant eat alot but what i donbt the family does.hope that helps,lmk how u is doing ok,im 5 pds to 100 pds@@@@hope that helped thats what works for me,maybe not everyone.i also make shepards pie sometimes mashed potatoes is good mixed veg.eat small amounts but seems to stay down,i also make tuna up and eat with a few crackers,have a good weekend keep in touch ok

yeah i agree to,i just dont want really hanging skin ya know,i do 5 lb weights.the thights im not sure what would help,i agree its better than being over weight,just think if it got to bad id stop stay where i was in weight,i think bcbs will cover a Tummy Tuck when i get to weight i want,because it gets a little red under the tummy.atleast this is what i hear.thanks for answering

Sweetie - My arms are terrible !!!! I mean truly awful - but the way I look at it - the excess skin isn't going to kill me but the fat was.. It's my badge of honor - I'll take the excess skin any day over the fat - I live in the desert I would love to wear sleeveless - but hell I didn't where them at 250 so no biggie now. I just wear longer length sleeve for the most part

You just have to change your mind set about it - I am a vane person - take great care in how I dress and look - I work out with weights every week for my arms - but I would have to have body builders muscle to take up the space of where the fat was lol...

I don't know what age you are - but I'll be 55 this month and it's also apart of getting older ;0)

Hi Janet

,I e-mailed you before and you advised me

to get an unfill and I did.It made all the difference.I had surgery in June and have lost about 45 pounds.I am really struggling with my eating though.Whenever I try to eat meat my stomach hurts so bad and I usually end up throwing up.Most days I grind my Beans and make a soup.It seems I can eat yogurt, soft foods and a small amout of fiber one cereal. I can almost never eat before 11. I have went back to a high protien shake (1 a day) because I know I am not getting enough Protein. I don;t fill like I am too tight I just think I am starting to really learn about my band now.I think it is harder now than at first. I spent most of the holidays not eating much and feeling sick if I tried to eat much.I can honestly say when someone asks me what I'm hungry for it is usually soup.That seems to be the one safe thing for me.

I know you have been banded for a long time and would appreciate any input you may have.Bless you for being so willing to help so many.

Janet

Yes Janet I remember :thumbup: Sounds like you are still too tight if you can't eat regular food. IMHO you should be able to eat normal food if you eat slowly and chew very well -

Go back to the doc have a little more taken out even .5 can make all the diff in the world.

Holidays are hard for most of us - we are food addicts and all the holiday treats are the foods (sugar) that we love.

We can't change the past all we can do is move forward - do our best to eat healthy and if you are too tight then you will lean towards sliders which normallly are high calorie foods..

WTG 45 lbs in 6 months that's very good - Ya the honeymoon period maybe over for you - this is the reason I never dieted - just ate healthy I know that this is the way I have to eat for the rest of my life if I want to keep the weight off - Eat Healthy & Exercise... My normal eating made me fat in the 1st place.. So make up an eating plan of healthy foods you like - something that you can live w/the rest of your life - allow for planned treats - keep within your calorie budget (IMHO you have to count calories) are you keeping a food diary - Since I gained 3 lbs over the holidays I am back to writing down what I eat - keeps me honest w/myself

Yesterday had 1000 calories :0) - I have most of the 3 lbs off only 1 lb to go ;0)

We just had 8-10 javalinas in the yard and I tried to take a picture, but the camera wouldn't....I had the flash on and it was set to automatic. I think it is too automatic sometimes and the javalinas were too far away for the flash. Darn...next time maybe. I really need to learn how to set the camera up on manual, then I can force it to snap the picture.

Apples, well, sashimi is raw fish...artfully laid out with other stuff. Regular sushi includes rice and nori (seaweed). There are a couple of types of sushi, nigiri which is a ball of rice with a piece of fish laid on top of it, and rolls that have fish or veggies in them with rice and are wrapped in a nori wrapper and then sliced into bite sized pieces. I really don't need all that rice, so I eat the sashimi. I have been eating sushi since the early 80's...before it was such a trendy thing. The sushi chef I frequent worked at the Japanese Kitchen in Colorado Springs at the same time I lived there. He's had his own restaurant here for 20 years and I've been going there at least 16-17 or those years. It used to be just a treat for me....expensive food, but now I go once a week at least for lunch. It's usually the only time I go out for lunch. This is why I can afford it. Here is a web site with a lot of info on it. The Sushi FAQ - The Definitive Guide to Sushi and Sashimi

Okay, gotta work....blahhhhh

Eva

I called the Doc's office today to discuss my pain issue. She said they had to use extra gas to expand my belly during surgery. She said the best thing I could do was breathing exercises. She also said it was completely normal to feel pain this far in and that I may feel it for up to 3 weeks. It hurts mostly in the morning because I have been laying around all night. On Sunday I am gonna switch to Tylenol so by Monday morning I can drive myself to school and have the loritab out of my system. The loritab also makes me sleepy and I feel the pain again if I end up napping from it. I did manage to sleep on my belly a little bit last night. I feel much better to know that what I am feeling is normal. Someone in the world believes it is not just in my head or me being lazy. Such a relief to have that support. I found some clean sweat pants to wear today but I need my hubby to wash some bras so I can get out of wearing this robe all day. He may be off all weekend so hopefully he can straighten things back up. I can do a little bit. I did manage to clean up the bathroom yesterday. I'll put some effort into the livingroom today. That really is the only room visable to my MIL because the rest of our living space is upstairs.

I'm typing this in tears. I've failed the band, life was crazy and I lost, no I gave up control. I'm headed back to the Doctor on Tuesday. I will be up 14lbs since I saw him last in August.

I've started reading The Beck Diet Solution--- six week plan to train your brain to think like a thin person. One of our fellow bunnies suggested it. It seems to be just what I need. I've got to conquer my head hunger & issues. It's the only way I'm going to succeed. Failing the band is not an option--- be there done that.

I also have an appointment to see a therapist. I'm trying to do everything I can to get back on track or I should say find the correct track. The one I was on wasn't going the way I wanted.

I've signed up to start a Workout to Lose program at our health club. I have a friend doing it as well. We also have been walking the current channel every Tues & Thurs at 5am. I can workout in the mornings.

I really just need someone who knows what life with the band is like. I would love a mentor. Thank you in advance if you are willing to mentor.

We just had 8-10 javalinas in the yard and I tried to take a picture, but the camera wouldn't....I had the flash on and it was set to automatic. I think it is too automatic sometimes and the javalinas were too far away for the flash. Darn...next time maybe. I really need to learn how to set the camera up on manual, then I can force it to snap the picture.

Apples, well, sashimi is raw fish...artfully laid out with other stuff. Regular sushi includes rice and nori (seaweed). There are a couple of types of sushi, nigiri which is a ball of rice with a piece of fish laid on top of it, and rolls that have fish or veggies in them with rice and are wrapped in a nori wrapper and then sliced into bite sized pieces. I really don't need all that rice, so I eat the sashimi. I have been eating sushi since the early 80's...before it was such a trendy thing. The sushi chef I frequent worked at the Japanese Kitchen in Colorado Springs at the same time I lived there. He's had his own restaurant here for 20 years and I've been going there at least 16-17 or those years. It used to be just a treat for me....expensive food, but now I go once a week at least for lunch. It's usually the only time I go out for lunch. This is why I can afford it. Here is a web site with a lot of info on it. The Sushi FAQ - The Definitive Guide to Sushi and Sashimi

Okay, gotta work....blahhhhh

Eva

I gotta stay home....blahhhhh:lol:

Thanks for the info, Eva. We grew up with pickled fish and when we were in Alaska, that's about all I ate. Was such a treat. I have had the sushi rolls and do not think (IMHO) that they are even worth eating. Too bland. :thumbup: