Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Judy, so sorry on your beloved Tinka, it's so hard to let them go even when it is for the best. hugs and prayers.

Thanks everyone for the info on the potato incident. Yes it was Wendy's but no I did not eat any of the skin. I ate about 1/4 c of the inards. It was reduced fat sour cream also. I still feel kind of punky today. So I think it was bad food. When I called to tell them to check their sour cream and that I had gotten sick the response was "Oh ok thank you" So I'm being very careful with any food right now.

NO MORE BAKED POTATOS.

Laura, us northerners would kill for 35, and Mi is not even (as of yet) getting the cold like Apples, Linda and Julie. They can keep it, but think they are sharing their snow with us today.

Meredith, so sorry on your friends brother. How sad.

Have a great day...

Laura K

Judy, so sorry on your beloved Tinka, it's so hard to let them go even when it is for the best. hugs and prayers.

Thanks everyone for the info on the potato incident. Yes it was Wendy's but no I did not eat any of the skin. I ate about 1/4 c of the inards. It was reduced fat sour cream also. I still feel kind of punky today. So I think it was bad food. When I called to tell them to check their sour cream and that I had gotten sick the response was "Oh ok thank you" So I'm being very careful with any food right now.

NO MORE BAKED POTATOS.

Laura, us northerners would kill for 35, and Mi is not even (as of yet) getting the cold like Apples, Linda and Julie. They can keep it, but think they are sharing their snow with us today.

Meredith, so sorry on your friends brother. How sad.

Have a great day...

Laura K

Laura...take it easy today and tomorrow. You will most likely be swollen and irritated for a couple of days from you "incident". I had a stuck episode a few months ago and was funky for about two weeks even though I had myself on soft foods only for that time period afterwards. I got stuck on well-chewed porkloin...it was like it just festered for 24 hours in my gut.

Good morning gals. BBRRR it's cold out there today. But good news is we are supposed to be close to 50's by the weekend. 50's is shorts weather in these parts. LOL Not me though. It's still below zero right now and I have to leave for therapy in half an hour. then as long as I am out going to stop by costco as I have a $10 off TurboTax coupon and that's how I usually do our taxes. DS is going to meet me for lunch too, so then I gotta come home and rest the knee. Yesterday was the 3 week post op mark and it seems to be really improving this week. I know the last knee the first 2 weeks were the worst. Only thing is that also means I go back to work in 3 weeks, having serious second thoughts about that. I just hate my early hours. Remember that possible move I posted about a month ago? Still is a possibility DH informed me last night and he thinks he'll know more this week. If for some reason he finds out we have to, I will quit my job. He'll get a huge raise and I'll want to fly back and forth with him til we move.

JB, so sorry about Tinka, but as you said, some how you just know when it's time. Been there done that 2 times in the past couple years and it was so hard. The first dog, Kody, we waited too long and poor thing suffered more than she should've had to. Will you get another dog? I know some folks can't even think about that for months after, and others their way of dealing with the grief is to go out and get another right away.

Meredith, thanks for that website will check it out. Found out that the mother of the groom got her dress yesterday as well, she got a royal blue or purple color. She has seen the dress I am getting. Bummer about your b/f's friend. I don't understand the suicide thing what drives people to that solution, it is so cruel to the ones they leave behind.

Janet, welcome back food cop!! Wish it was you here in CO instead of your coworker!

Eva, that's okay you can sleep in that part of CO. LOL You know that tiny corner of AZ you cross when you drive I-15 from Vegas to CA? I slept it. LOL

All the FL talk has me so jealous, I so wish I could be there, heck if I quit my job........ Only thing is I'd have to go incognito if my folks found out I was that close to them, either that or extend it and go see them. While there, make plans for the next meet so I have something to look forward to!

Well better get ready for therapy and leave early the roads look icy. I gotta say it is beautiful out there today as cold as it is, it's so white, the sky so blue and those mountains are so crisp and clear.

Some of these photos were taken yesterday afternoon b/4 the storm hit. Notice (yesterday) the patio doors...no getting out those. And, this morning took photo out front window of our road. The pole you can barley see is less than 200 yds away. Notice...the pie...the reason obesity runs rampet in MN...boredom!:smile2:

thanks for the support---my sister will be here soon--not so much that I can't send Tinka home myself--but Carole and I are so close and this is something that we will share. She is as dog nutty as I am!

I have another pup--Bitsy was a rescue and is about 10-12. She is not a "velcro" dog, but she knows something is going on. I am used to having 3 dogs, but this may be it.

[/url]

For now.....4_12_4.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxmk130YYUS

I have a spare guestroom that is always ready for company. If you want to come to FL and hide, come on! I will put a little tray of food out by the door 3x a day (and SF snacks!)

OK...now compare on the patio door from yesterday afternoon till this morning about 8am. Notice the snowbank just outside the patio doors.:smile2:

I have a spare guestroom that is always ready for company. If you want to come to FL and hide, come on! I will put a little tray of food out by the door 3x a day (and SF snacks!)

Thanks for the offer, Judy. You'd have to make that a tray of food every hour and not sugar free. I am a "Lapband Freakazoid"...I hit maintenence and metabolism went crazy. At least 2500-3000 for me to maintain. :smile2:

Awe Judy Hugs hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs... You got me crying too this morning - Oh I am so sorry - My little Angel sleeps w/me every night - Oh I don't know what I will do when I have to put them down - I will be a mess too... Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers this morning ...

Apples - I am a semi homemade kinda girl - This is how I made my Cacciatore last night

1 package skinless boneless ck thighs (6) sliced into bite size - onion, bell pepper (I don't measure) garlic - spray frying pan with pam - sauté til ck is brown and veggis soft - added a jar of Paul Newman Marinara sauce & about 1-2 teaspoon splenda (just enough to give it a sweet taste) and cooked til done - made rice and served over that.. It made about 3 - 1.5 servings..

Apples with all that snow I wouldn't be going ANYWHERE.. Beautiful to look at for a minute but I don't think I would want to be cooped up in the house - you know how that goes - you can be in the house for a couple days no problem then all that snow come and all of a sudden you need want to get out and can't ...

Laura - I find I am colder than I use to be - I get cold at night - it's like 50 here now - boot weather for me.. Glad DH got rid of the orange slices - I tell you if I had sweets in the house - I would be dabbling in them - I have absolutly no control especially at night - I know this about me - so I just can't have it in the house at all - I guess I am lucky GS isn't a big sweet eater and when he does want something - I usually don't care for it - or I have him put it in his room..

Phyl - We have a couple newbie plus I haven't really worn the hat much lately - cuz I haven't made the best choices either and it was the holidays - but now that I am back on the wagon - Watch out - Sheriff back in town - Good food choices...

Great - I don't know if I would survive in that cold weather - I don't have enought clothes to keep me warm - I don't think a sweater and a leather jacket would be enough - I would have to have some uggs ;0) But would love to go shopping with you at Ann Taylors Loft - we could do some damage :0)

Becare ful out there today..

Julies - you to be care full....

Well I need to get to work - Judy - Hugs again you are in my thoughts !!!

Can anyone say "comfort food"? Thought I would share our 15lb seafood lasagna with you all. Believe it or not, the gang showed up today to work. Lasagna now in the oven and hopefully fully done by noon when they wander into the house.

Had to go out to garage for something and there are actually snow drifts inside the closed door that blew in. :smile2:

This post is meant to be between the Sheriff and myself...

I am putting in a for a special dispensation to eat the inners out of the seafood lasagna and maybe a peice of pie. And, could you please issue that within the next 1 hour and 45 minutes. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Apples, wow, the snow.........it is beautiful, but I could not handle the cold. You are one tough lady!

Great, can you say where you might be moving? I wish you were moving to Houston. We could have a good time, and all of your favorite stores are here.

Judy, sorry for all you are having to go through. I will say a pray for you.

Laura, girl, I am with you.......that front is blowing in now and it is COLD!!!!

TOO all of you up north.....Stay safe......stay in....and watch The Rose Bowl.....HOOK EM HORNS!!!!!!!

This post is meant to be between the Sheriff and myself...

I am putting in a for a special dispensation to eat the inners out of the seafood lasagna and maybe a peice of pie. And, could you please issue that within the next 1 hour and 45 minutes. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Darling you don't need special dispensation since you get to eat 2500 - 3000 cals - go for it gf !!! For you it's allowable especially since you want to gain a couple - I think you are right on track...

I have never had seafood lasagna only regular lasagna - right now sounds good but then I would have to give myself a ticket - and I sure in the hell aint doing that - what kind of example would I be - well I guess I wouldn't if that's all I ate all day :0)

Looks wonderful - so much so that my pineapple just about choked me..

Great...wherever you end up, you will be with DH and will adjust. I always say I would move in a minute (only reason being is that we are tied to this farm with no options to move. It would yank DH's world out from under him). The grass is always greener and I know this has been a huge decision for you guys.

Ohhhhhh....come to FL. Quit that darned early morning job.