Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

I am stuck at home cause i got iced in and we have about and inch of snow so i am working from home. i know nothing compared to Apples weather it is 21 right now in north ga and it will get to about 18 tonight

Okay gals. I have a very very small fill now I get acid reflux that wakes me up at night. Before i go back to the dr which is about 1 1/2 hrs away, How long am I supposed to stop eating before going to bed and lying down? I had the fill on Monday the epsiode happen last night and Wendesday when I started to eat normal foods again. Should I go back to muchies and liquids for a little while?

Hey Melissa...haven't seen you on here for a bit. Boy, I don't know if I have an answer on your reflux. I am a believer in none. I think you might be too tight. If this were happening to me and I just got a fill and having reflux at night, I would call my doc and talk to someone. In the mean time, I would stick to just eating during the day with my last meal no later than 6pm and maybe just stick to mild foods. You don't want to irritate things more than they are.

Janet says about a month till we all meet. Are you getting excited?????

On the menopause issues....I am post-menopausal. I don't have the screaming Banshee issues and haven't for a few years. Just the hot flashes and they are managable. Did not want to take anything for them. Some women have hot flashes into their 80's, some never have them, and, like Janet, the middle of the road.

OK...I can now tell you guys that I am officially stress free. Ready to start the new year and face it with a smile on my face. I've explained this b/4 but when our year end is done, that's the time we fine tune everything for tax purposes. It's all prepared and easy for the tax office. Of course, there are the calls with questions on a few little things but think all of that is behind me now. I can unlock my jaw and all my joints and relax. I so look forward to this time. I just wish all this did not coincide with the holidays but it is what it is. Wish I had DH's nerves of steel. Whew (that's my sigh of relief).

Just got an email from some friends from Canada that have made it down to the resort we are staying at. Wondering where we are and when we are coming. I would leave tomorrow if it were up to me and the dog.

Melissa - How long was it between what you ate and went to bed - I only had that happen once in the very beginning - and I eat right before I go to bed most nights (food is my sleeping meds) and I don't have a problem - I know my x couldnt eat past 7 or he would have reflux... You could be too tight - or over ate - like I said - I haven't had the problem do don't have an answer - I would stop eating early and eat light and see what happens tonite - & you can chew a pecid before you go to bed

Hey Melissa...haven't seen you on here for a bit. Boy, I don't know if I have an answer on your reflux. I am a believer in none. I think you might be too tight. If this were happening to me and I just got a fill and having reflux at night, I would call my doc and talk to someone. In the mean time, I would stick to just eating during the day with my last meal no later than 6pm and maybe just stick to mild foods. You don't want to irritate things more than they are.

Janet says about a month till we all meet. Are you getting excited?????

Well i am excited but my Mom decided not to come so it might me just me and since i just had to get a new to me car (2002 ponitac bonneville) I will be driving myself

Melissa - How long was it between what you ate and went to bed - I only had that happen once in the very beginning - and I eat right before I go to bed most nights (food is my sleeping meds) and I don't have a problem - I know my x couldnt eat past 7 or he would have reflux... You could be too tight - or over ate - like I said - I haven't had the problem do don't have an answer - I would stop eating early and eat light and see what happens tonite - & you can chew a pecid before you go to bed

This did not start till the fill so yes maybe to tight but I think I will stop eating early and try to eat light and see what happens oh and i never had this before at least not this on fire

Well i am excited but my Mom decided not to come so it might me just me and since i just had to get a new to me car (2002 ponitac bonneville) I will be driving myself

This did not start till the fill so yes maybe to tight but I think I will stop eating early and try to eat light and see what happens oh and i never had this before at least not this on fire

Your words "on fire" are IMHO the key that you are too tight. I think I would contact my doc's office and ask for a slight unfill. You might not have to lose your entire fill. Good luck, Melissa.

Your words "on fire" are IMHO the key that you are too tight. I think I would contact my doc's office and ask for a slight unfill. You might not have to lose your entire fill. Good luck, Melissa.

Thanks I will call them I guess at this point I will need to go throught the weekend so I will take it easy with the food

Hi guys~ TGIF!

Apples~ YEAH!!! And congrats on the year end stuff done! <victory dance> When you said you were unlocking stuff (jaw and joints) it made me think of the transformer movie..LOL

Melissa~ yeah, sounds like you are tight. Do you take anything for your stomach? Sometimes all you need is some tums or rolaids to help. Since before my surgery I take a over the counter Prilosec and it relieves any of my symptoms. Check with your dr, but that may help until you get your unfill/or until it settles. Decrease the amount of food, spice and fat content. Hope you are staying warm. Brrrrr! And glad you are coming to FL : )

Great~ That is cold at night for even me! And I like sleeping with it cool. Glad you got to see your Grandma and help her out. Glad to hear about the Ann Taylor stores! wheeewww!

Janet~ Just wondering about your head sweating at night. Hmmm.. Is it a hot flash? The rest of you doesn't sweat.. just your head? I have just started having some hot flashes. They aren't bad and have actually gotten better as the weight comes off. What's planned for the weekend?

Julie B~ hugs on the pain and death in the family.

DH on call tonight- the whole weekend actually. Picked up Nels after school and went to get my car washed. Did the "big kahuna" wash... mats, cup holders, armor all... the works! We played outside for 2 hours, beautiful weather today. 72 and breezy. I sat and read a book and he rode his bike, played in the grass, ran around. Now all fed, bathed and watching the UP movie. :tt1: Life is good! Tomorrow a birthday party and TWO on Sunday! Busy busy.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Talk to ya tomorrow!!!

~ peasout..... Laura

I could never sleep if I kept my thermostat in the 70s overnight, it gets turned down to mid 60's for the night time and stays there quite a bit of the day, but starting about 2 or so in the afternoon I get really cold and by 4 or 5 I have inched it back up to about 74 til I go to bed and turn it down. And still sit under a blanket. Not sure why I get so cold in the afternoons.

Sounds like your internal thermostat works exactly like mine! I start getting cold towards evening. But as it gets closer to bedtime, I start warming up... electric heater in the RV LR and snuggled under my blankie... then I want the heat turned down. I think our metabolism starts to shut down towards bedtime. Then I want it COLD, and in the morning... I still like it kind of cold. DH puts the heater on again in the morning and I always want it off! Weird!

Now I don't remember what the other thing isthat I wanted to say!! I think it had something to do with Laura's post, but it's gone now!! LOL.... just getting too old!!

Beautiful sunset right now! So sorry so many of you are getting frost bitten!! It's been so wonderful here I'm almost afraid to breathe!! Don't want it to change!

Wish I was coming to FL with all of you! I booked a trip to Seattle for that weekend to go to a "bandster bash" at a local hotel only to find out yesterday that it's been postponed until March!! FRUSTRATING! I don't know a soul who is going, but I was hoping to get a PS consult that weekend. I know there will be band doctors as wells as plastic surgeons there to give presentations and consults. So, I'm going up anyway... see daughters and grandkids and a couple of dr. appts.

Sounds like your internal thermostat works exactly like mine! I start getting cold towards evening. But as it gets closer to bedtime, I start warming up... electric heater in the RV LR and snuggled under my blankie... then I want the heat turned down. I think our metabolism starts to shut down towards bedtime. Then I want it COLD, and in the morning... I still like it kind of cold. DH puts the heater on again in the morning and I always want it off! Weird!

Now I don't remember what the other thing isthat I wanted to say!! I think it had something to do with Laura's post, but it's gone now!! LOL.... just getting too old!!

Beautiful sunset right now! So sorry so many of you are getting frost bitten!! It's been so wonderful here I'm almost afraid to breathe!! Don't want it to change!

Wish I was coming to FL with all of you! I booked a trip to Seattle for that weekend to go to a "bandster bash" at a local hotel only to find out yesterday that it's been postponed until March!! FRUSTRATING! I don't know a soul who is going, but I was hoping to get a PS consult that weekend. I know there will be band doctors as wells as plastic surgeons there to give presentations and consults. So, I'm going up anyway... see daughters and grandkids and a couple of dr. appts.

No way you can go in March to Seattle and book to FL to entertain us girls?

Melissa - get some pecid chewables - I don't get heartburn often but when I do that's what my doc said to eat .. I agree see how the weekend goes and go in monday if you need to ..

How far of a drive is it for you to come to FL..

Laura - Ya it's just my head - I would say it was hot flashes - a long time ago 03 I was taking zolof and I was sweating like a freaking pig at night - I read that either that or my bp med made you sweat - but again could have been pre-menopause - but that went away - now - just every now and then it happens and I can't blame a heater cuz mine are turned off period - they only get turned on sometimes in the morning if it's extra cold.. and sometimes after I eat lunch I will get them..

But all in all pretty minor to what others have.. I was lucky and sure glad my cousin doesn't come to visit any more (hasn't since like once after surgery in 07) Cuz when she did she stayed for a week and then came a visited 21 -23 days later.

No plans - I must take down the xmas light outside - I live in an HOA and I don't want to be getting any letters - may do the inside too depending on my mood - but may leave that for my furlough friday next week ..

Just normal stuff - clean wash grocery shop - target shop..

Nothing exciting...

Right now got the dishwasher going - a load of towels in and need to go do some wii - didn't do it this morning and gotta keep up the exercise pace..

Eating has been good - cheese & crackers for BF 150 cal - lunch my chicken caccitorre 250 - dinner will be my norm..

Weather was 70's today too - no breeze - but overcast - cool in the shade..

Melissa - get some pecid chewables - I don't get heartburn often but when I do that's what my doc said to eat .. I agree see how the weekend goes and go in monday if you need to ..

How far of a drive is it for you to come to FL..

Roughly 7 hours I have not done that in a long time but i should be able to do it. I was trying to see money wise if it would be more to drive or fly. Since I just had to buy another car now I have to be worried about how much I spend

Edited by 1day at a time

Melissa, acid reflux.

I was told by my big name tummy esophagus Dr. to also avoid chocolate, anything Tomato, OJ and other high acid fruit and drinks, and any carbonation.

These either relax the muscle between the esophagus and the stomach allowing food to creep up, or they're high acid which creeps up the esophagus. Carbonation forces acid up the esophgus. coffee and tea also not good for reflux, especially later in the day and evening.

Best natural cure is Kiefer, which is like yoghurt only more powerful. If you can't find it, get some yoghurt. I got the vanilla flavored so no fruit acids. Calmed my system, re-introduced good bacteria. Highly recommended by my physician sister.

Definitely call your Dr.

Went out to eat tonight to an Asian fusion kind of place. More Thai, Vietnamese than Chinese.

Had Emerald chicken, which is basically chicken with peanut sauce on spinach leaves. Sprinkle a few peanuts, what I think were Wasabi peas, mushrooms, red peppers. Yummy. Similar taste to Satay chicken but spicier. Didn't put it on rice. Did drink it with Water because I wanted to enjoy it and not pb. My husband ate 2/3rds of it but I've been craving it and it was a real treat.

Jewell, go on the internet and look up humor, jokes, whatever. Read them for yourself. Then maybe everytime your #@$%MIL says something mean, tell her a joke. She won't have a clue, but you'll get double laugh time out of it.

Today, I remembered a card my brother sent my sister long ago. Made me laugh. I posted it as my FB status.

It said: Those of you who think you're perfect are very annoying to those of us who are.

I also love this one: Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most.

Try that the next time your MIL questions your sanity. LOL.

Gotta go hang. My neck hurts and my back and hips have been waking me up at night. Could be because I cut my antiinflammatories in half. Or it could be from my jaw (at least my neck) because of the temporary crown. Might need a root canal.

Could also be remnants from that cold I had over Christmas. Feels like my glands have not returned to normal.

Hoping the hanging will help the hip and back. Usually does. Haven't been hanging upside down as much because I haven't been hurting but I have a very high tolerance for pain and pain is what makes me remember to hang.

See you tomorrow.

Cheri

Melissa...do you like the new car? Have you checked out what the air fare would be? We sure would miss you if you couldn't make it. What kind of gas mileage do you get with the new car?

I've been having hot flashes since I was in my 30's....am 2 years post-menopausal now and still have occasional hot flashes. Been having them a little more the last couple of weeks...so not sure what's going on. In the summer, I sweat like crazy at night....I wake up drenched and have to change my t-shirt some times...we keep the house around 78 in the summer. In the winter, the house at night is around 63 and I sleep under 1 blanket but I rarely wake up in a sweat.

Jessica...we know you are not lazy...but some MIL's will never find the woman their darling sons marry good enough. I hope you guys can find a way out of the situation you are in and move out on your own. I wish you the best with the gas pain. I was very fortunate and didn't have much pain....but did I ever have a big gut. It was huge for about a week, then everything settled down. The port site and tubing places hurt for quite a while afterwards...burning feeling, but the subsided too. Hang in there, you'll be fine.

Heather....you haven't failed....you've still lost weight. You are just at a stand still right now and need to get your head around the eating issues. I'm working on the same things...I have lots of head issues. I just continue to work on it and know I have support and the tool that can help. It's really not easy but we both can do it...I know I will be sucessful, if not today then in the future and so will you. You can do what it takes...it's making sure you eat the right stuff and savor what you eat. Find the joy in it. You will be alright.

Apples, yep, sashimi and sushi are an acquired taste. For me, certain fish is like eating butter - it's rich and savory and amazing. Other fish needs sauce, either wasabi and soy or ponzu. The rolls I eat have spicy stuff in them or Japanese mayo and they are yummy. As I said...it's an acquired taste.

Great...a javalina is a giant rat in the shape of a pig....they actually look like pigs but they are a large rodent supposedly. They stink...really bad, especially in the summer when it's hot. You can smell them before you see them. The eat everything and will tear stuff up just to see if it might be good to eat. But, they are part of the desert and we live in their territory, so I have to deal with them. Oh, did I mention they are ugly? I'll post a picture...this one was on my front porch.

Janet, we are 1 hour different now. I'm always in Mountain Standard Time. By the way, I changed my flight out of Tucson for Florida and I think I'll be on the same flight as you from Dallas to Orlando.

Julie, sorry for another loss in your family. You are a good family memeber, very supportive. I really hope your family appreciates you. I like your worry meter phrase. It's a good way to express it.

Arlene, you are one of us - the sun belt people. You blood thins once you've been in warm country a while. Hope you enjoy those steel cut oats. I prefer the texture to regular oats now.

Laura...sounds like a very nice and relaxing day for both of you. So do you have to get presents for the birthday parties? Does Nels like them?

Phyl, wish you were coming to FL too...you'd have fun. Maybe you can exchange your ticket (for a nominal fee) You could fly out on the same flight with Janet.

Cheri, sorry about the pain...I went back on the anti inflammatories because I couldn't sleep...hip, back, etc. I like the joke thing you said to Jewel...it's a good idea. Have fun hangin'.

Well my "machine" arrived today....it's heavy. I'll put it together tomorrow and see what up with it. I also bought a hedge trimmer this evening so I can take care of those bushes tomorrow. Can't see the city when I'm sitting on the porch 'cause the bushes have grown too tall.

Work was good today and food was alright. It's getting better and I did walk today. So slowly, I'm getting back on track. I think DH will smoke a turkey breast on Sunday and maybe something else and I'll have healthy food for lunch next week.

Have a good night. See you tomorrow.

Eva

Edited by ocotillo

Forgot the javalina picture

Forgot the javalina picture

WOW those pretty cool. Are they mean? We have occasionly have wild boars seen in the state, and they are mean and tear up everything. People can shoot them on site.

Laura K