Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Leg/Knee is hurting today, I didn't do much but did sit at a meeting this morning for 2 hours and rode in the car with DH on some errands for a couple hours, it does get achy when it's down for a long time vs propped up in my recliner.

I remember that being one of my biggest challenges! I sit with my legs elevated whenever possible. And notice the repercussions when I don't... sitting in the car for a long time, etc. still has an impact!

I remember that being one of my biggest challenges! I sit with my legs elevated whenever possible. And notice the repercussions when I don't... sitting in the car for a long time, etc. still has an impact!

Phyll...I see you are still getting beat up over that one little pancake. Was cruising the 50's thread...that last comment of Janet's made me snort. Will you EVER live it down. Do you think going to confession will help?:blink:

Good evening,

I had heard that before about calories not being so accurate. I figure at least it's a guideline, not to be taken too exact, but it's better than nothing. At least that's how I look at those labels, Applebees, etc.

My grilled steak tonight tasted really yummy! Haven't had that for awhile.

We got a good job accomplished tonight. When we bought our home it was a repo and needed lots of fixing up, plus we finished the basement. Well all those receipts just got stuffed in a can, we had no idea what the grand total of all our improvements were. We got to talking about it today in case we do move, would be nice to know exactly what we have invested in the home, etc. Took forever just unwadding the receipts, think "DH crumbled them all up before putting them in this can. Anyway I feel organized now.

Cheri, hope you are okay after your fall.

PHyl, how do you get those high scores on Suduko, you must have practiced a lot! I'll catch you one of these games!

I didn't feel one - where was it - I don't feel anything under a 4 - and a 4 is barely a shake - they make EQ to be more than they are - 5.5 and above is shaking -
Arlene...earthquake was in Northern Cal

There was an earthquake centered in Banning some time this afternoon. Banning is about 25 miles from where we are, a little further away from Janet. We were sitting outside on the patio at the time and I remember DH asking "was that an earthquake??" He doesn't remember saying that, but I do! Maybe we had too much wine!!!

:blink::biggrin::biggrin:

I didn't feel anything, but apparently he did. However, it was not anything "earthshaking", pardon the pun, or we would both have felt it AND remembered it!!

LOL

1_4_36.gif

Turned on our local news and ck'd local new website - no ones talking about an EQ - so I don't think it's around here...

Cheri - Apples is right imho - and I was talking to a gf who was banded - then converted to sleeve - it seems to be the consensus that having your band to tight is what causes problems - Like we have discussed before you are never going to get tight enough to stop the sliders and live :0)

You were eating ground beef - and you chew well - imho that's not going to stay in your tummy long..

But if you do get a fill and are too tight you can always go back and get some taken out..

I keep thinking I need one - but what I really need is a head fill..

Phyll...I see you are still getting beat up over that one little pancake. Was cruising the 50's thread...that last comment of Janet's made me snort. Will you EVER live it down. Do you think going to confession will help?:blink:

HAHAHA!! No... I won't live it down, and I won't be going to confession because I feel NO guilt!! There is NO remorse, no repentance!! I go to "Cecil's Breakfast" once a month for a few months... I will miss next month. And that's the ONLY time I ever have a pancake, and it's always only one very small, thin pancake! So I will choose to ignore the "FOOD COP" on that issue!! LOL!! In March and in April, I will go again! And I will have ONE small pancake, 2 sausage links and a little bit of scrambled eggs, just like I ALWAYS do!! HAHAHA!! I can't HEAR you!! LALALALALALA!! Hee Hee!!

7_13_14v.gif

Measured 6.5 and considered to be 1 mile underground is all. Said it was felt for miles

Ok I finally found it offshore (in the ocean) up by Redding

6.5 is a moderate EQ Redding is almost at the Oregon border - I am closer to Mexico :0)

6.5 normally doesn't cause damage for newer bldgs but ones built in 1900 brick yes they can have some damage..

Since I have grown up here - I am not scared of EQ's - and now if we did have one - I have a whole bunch of friends I could come an live with :wink::wink::wink::wink:

TATTLE TAIL !!!!! ROTFLMAO :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

- I just couldn't pass that one up :lol::blink::lol:

Good evening,

I had heard that before about calories not being so accurate. I figure at least it's a guideline, not to be taken too exact, but it's better than nothing. At least that's how I look at those labels, Applebees, etc.

My grilled steak tonight tasted really yummy! Haven't had that for awhile.

We got a good job accomplished tonight. When we bought our home it was a repo and needed lots of fixing up, plus we finished the basement. Well all those receipts just got stuffed in a can, we had no idea what the grand total of all our improvements were. We got to talking about it today in case we do move, would be nice to know exactly what we have invested in the home, etc. Took forever just unwadding the receipts, think "DH crumbled them all up before putting them in this can. Anyway I feel organized now.

Cheri, hope you are okay after your fall.

PHyl, how do you get those high scores on Suduko, you must have practiced a lot! I'll catch you one of these games!

Steak sounds good - my ck is done - will eat w/spinach and Pasta that I didn't eat last night - I was full from my fish and for once I didn't push it...

There was an earthquake centered in Banning some time this afternoon. Banning is about 25 miles from where we are, a little further away from Janet. We were sitting outside on the patio at the time and I remember DH asking "was that an earthquake??" He doesn't remember saying that, but I do! Maybe we had too much wine!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I didn't feel anything, but apparently he did. However, it was not anything "earthshaking", pardon the pun, or we would both have felt it AND remembered it!!

LOL

1_4_36.gif

Just ck'd the eq website - 1.2 mag - Ya I think it was too much wine :lol::lol::lol:

Janet, tummy has settled down as of Thurs night, took a while but I gave it a rest watched everything and ate very very slowly. I have noticed that I cannot eat as much as before and that may have been part of the problem. I guess my head had to catch up (or down) to my stomach.

My DD went back to her apt today, starts her classes monday. DS is gone snowmobileing for the weekend. Feel like I can get back into a routine again.

Went to Hobby Lobby today and bought stuff to redo a wall in my livingroom (got it all for 50% off). Very different for me decore, surprised my friend who is a floral designer. She can decorate and design beautifully, real contemporary. She's one of those that change her entire house around all the time. Now I got to get going on painting walls. I feel like I want to change everything in my life, & to think it all started with a little piece of plastic. Now if I had the cash to keep up with all the changes I want to make.

Cheri, hope you are doing ok after that fall.

Everyone have a great rest of the weekend.

Laura K

HAHAHA!! No... I won't live it down, and I won't be going to confession because I feel NO guilt!! There is NO remorse, no repentance!! I go to "Cecil's Breakfast" once a month for a few months... I will miss next month. And that's the ONLY time I ever have a pancake, and it's always only one very small, thin pancake! So I will choose to ignore the "FOOD COP" on that issue!! LOL!! In March and in April, I will go again! And I will have ONE small pancake, 2 sausage links and a little bit of scrambled eggs, just like I ALWAYS do!! HAHAHA!! I can't HEAR you!! LALALALALALA!! Hee Hee!!

7_13_14v.gif

Come on guys

You gotta let me have my fun - it's fun to tease her !!!!

I can be that cop w/Phyl and she isn't going to get mad at me like some pple would and it's all in fun

especially now w/Apples just egging it on :0)

Janet, tummy has settled down as of Thurs night, took a while but I gave it a rest watched everything and ate very very slowly. I have noticed that I cannot eat as much as before and that may have been part of the problem. I guess my head had to catch up (or down) to my stomach.

My DD went back to her apt today, starts her classes monday. DS is gone snowmobileing for the weekend. Feel like I can get back into a routine again.

Went to Hobby Lobby today and bought stuff to redo a wall in my livingroom (got it all for 50% off). Very different for me decore, surprised my friend who is a floral designer. She can decorate and design beautifully, real contemporary. She's one of those that change her entire house around all the time. Now I got to get going on painting walls. I feel like I want to change everything in my life, & to think it all started with a little piece of plastic. Now if I had the cash to keep up with all the changes I want to make.

Cheri, hope you are doing ok after that fall.

Everyone have a great rest of the weekend.

Laura K

LauraK

Glad to hear - heck my brain and stomach are still 2 separate entities - my brain still tells me I want to eat more and my stomach say - no I am full..

Back in the old days house were designed to be able to move furniture around - My house is designed so that furniture only goes one way - I know in my old house I use to switch it up.

In my bedroom I could put my bed in front of the slider or the way it is' and that's it and my furniture is to heavy to even try to move..

Painting good exercise - !!!

I never thought about new house design....is it really so disfunctional that you can only put furniture one way? Guess I've lived in old houses most of the time. Of course this house is sort of limited because I wired the cable Tv to only one spot in the LR....the outer walls are adobe and there was no way to get the wires there without them showing.

Cheri, sorry to hear about your fall....glad you are doing alright afterwards.

Laura K. So what are you doing to your LR? What color paint? Using any special techniques?

Apples, the (and she is the only neice from my biological siblings) lives in Anchorage. That's where a bunch of us are from...oldest brother, sister, me, younger brother, were all born there (3 others weren't). This particular neice is adopted too and is our 2nd cousin also. Aren't families fun? DN cooked dinner, shrimp with Pasta and it was pretty good. She works as a cook in hospital right now.

I need to try and sleep again. Guess I got too much last night.

Hey everyone, Just checking in. The gas pains I feel this morning are not near as bad as before. They seem to come just when I have a Protein Shake. The gas-x takes care of them though. So otherwise I am feeling good and may do my Wii a bit when my son takes a nap. I have gained 5 pounds and I am nervous about what my Doc is gonna say about it. He has a reputation for being blunt and I am a weinie.

Jewell, it takes a while to get the Water retention from the surgery off. I'm sure our Dr. knows that.

I'm doing fine after my fall. Hung again last night and felt an adjustment in my lower back--that definitely helped my hip last night. Going back on full anti-inflammatories seems to be helping all over. The heating pad is definitely helping my neck and TMJ. I did my stretches in bed this morning and I feel pretty good all over. I'm going to church now and I'm going to the community center to walk later. That'll tell me whether I still have nerve compression in my neck, as soon as I start swinging my arms. If it hurts I'll walk but barely move my arms, especially my shoulders. Keeping my shoulders still seems to prevent the neck from pressing on the nerve bundle leading across my upper back and shoulders.

It's amazing to me how over the years with the osteo and spinal arthritis how much I've learned about my body and where pain is actually coming from and what I need to do to adjust.

The weight loss has helped significantly but I'll always have the arthritis and I'll have bad periods. In the past, the pain could drive me back into the food. Glad I have the band to keep that in check.

Cheri

Hi all... Happy Sunday... just a fly by. Off to another birthday party. It's a bowling party! wooohoo! And it's for brothers, one turned 4 yesterday and the other 6 today. Hmmm.. wonder what is 9 months from this weekend? haha

It was 29 last night and my grass is CRUNCHY this morning! WTF??????

EQ, calories, falls, you guys be careful out there!!! Apples when are you guys heading down? How long does it take you?

CBL... peas.....