Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Okay I finally figured out pictures with my new camera and am posting a pic of the dress I got today. Also wanted to show you guys the trees, wreath and pheasant ball ornaments we made from all our pheasant feathers and our tree all decorated 'pheasant'. Hopefully this works. the pic with the Santas in it are Santas we used to make and sell in craft shows.

Great pics! Love the dress! Colors are beautiful.

Went to Target today and checked out the clearance rack in the active wear dept. Found a pair of those Champion pants in my size... L/realxed fit. Not petite, but average, so I'll have to hem them but that's okay because they were $4.98 instead of $19.99!

Laura...thanks for the understanding statements. Yep, excited to see our friends at the resort again. They emailed us and are already down there and waiting for our arrival. We met so many ppl last year and just had a good ole' time. Campfires, pot lucks, day trips, etc. My only concern is how my baby (dog) will travel. He rides the countryside with me in my truck so I'm pretty sure he will be OK. He's just this big old lazy dog, but very friendly. He should fit right in.

Great....I thought that color brought out blue in your eyes also. It looks so nice on you. Not matronly but age appropriate. We were at a wedding a few months ago for DH's nephew. The MOB who was probably pushing 60 had on a VIBRANT electric blue halter dress. I hate to criticize her but all I could see was nipples walking down the aisle. And they weren't sitting anywhere near where they should have been. It just was so tacky. Anyway, that tone of blue should compliment the pink your DD chose for dresses. You will be a beautiful (you are already) MOB.

Janet...we all love you and do not change. No one is going to be detered from coming on this thread because of what you say or your tough love. Ppl lurk and if they want to, they jump on. They most likely have read alot of your post. They jump on here because of you.

Have been reading most of the evening...laying in bed. Cannot read in livingroom when DH has TV on. Back at it...Nighty Nite! sleep Tight!

Went to Target today and checked out the clearance rack in the active wear dept. Found a pair of those Champion pants in my size... L/realxed fit. Not petite, but average, so I'll have to hem them but that's okay because they were $4.98 instead of $19.99!

No way, Phyll. $4.98???? They last forever. Congrats! If you have to cut a lot off, you will be able to get rid of that logo and wear them for dress up!:blush:

Melissa - I have a Chrysler 300C V8 with a hemi (I think I am mario andredi)- I can get about 400 miles on the freeway as long as I don't punch it too much. But the hemi goes down to 4 cyl on the freeway or something like that - I have a v6 in my chrysler 300m and it got good mileage on the freeway - but I always err on the safe side and usually fill up again when I get 1/2 tank or 1/4 tank depending on distants between gas stations..

QUOTE]

Janet - I think I am Mario too. My dad has said this to me since he taught me to drive. I have a big time lead foot. I do the same thing regarding stoping for gas on trips.

All - I want to to say to all of you. Thank you. Since I found this thread when Janet first started it has been perfect for me. You all have been wonderful with advice and you all tell it like it is and have all help me through so much.

Did I miss something????

Nope - talking in general - I was just on a little rant - cuz if you do read other post on here you will see that alot of pple do think the band is the magic wand. When we all know it isn't..

OMW I guess I shopped at the wrong target today - I got a pair of capri lenght for 15 reg 18 so I was happy with that :0)

Laura...thanks for the understanding statements. Yep, excited to see our friends at the resort again. They emailed us and are already down there and waiting for our arrival. We met so many ppl last year and just had a good ole' time. Campfires, pot lucks, day trips, etc. My only concern is how my baby (dog) will travel. He rides the countryside with me in my truck so I'm pretty sure he will be OK. He's just this big old lazy dog, but very friendly. He should fit right in.

Great....I thought that color brought out blue in your eyes also. It looks so nice on you. Not matronly but age appropriate. We were at a wedding a few months ago for DH's nephew. The MOB who was probably pushing 60 had on a VIBRANT electric blue halter dress. I hate to criticize her but all I could see was nipples walking down the aisle. And they weren't sitting anywhere near where they should have been. It just was so tacky. Anyway, that tone of blue should compliment the pink your DD chose for dresses. You will be a beautiful (you are already) MOB.

Janet...we all love you and do not change. No one is going to be detered from coming on this thread because of what you say or your tough love. Ppl lurk and if they want to, they jump on. They most likely have read alot of your post. They jump on here because of you.

Have been reading most of the evening...laying in bed. Cannot read in livingroom when DH has TV on. Back at it...Nighty Nite! sleep Tight!

Thanks Apples- I know you all get up - but when you read other post on here - which i think you do - you know what I am talking about - alot of times I go to reply - then say forget it - I know not nice but my gosh - we have all heard the same crap over and over for years - it's about a lifetime lifestyle change - band is a tool - So I stick with the pple who do get it :0)

Janet - I think I am Mario too. My dad has said this to me since he taught me to drive. I have a big time lead foot. I do the same thing regarding stoping for gas on trips.

All - I want to to say to all of you. Thank you. Since I found this thread when Janet first started it has been perfect for me. You all have been wonderful with advice and you all tell it like it is and have all help me through so much.

Melissa - lol - fast cars - fast women lol ...

Thanks for the props girl - greatly appreciated - but you all are just as important as me - I just happend to start the thread - we all make up the thread..

Well - I did get the new wii active more games disc today - loved it - did 30 min burned 157.4 calories - but if you have knee/hip issues - don't know if it's a good choice - I put in challenging for exercise mode and had to skip rope for 150 reps - omw - that's hard :0) - Yes I exercise - but haven't skipped rope in years :0)

Well gang I am getting off the computer - it's 7:30 here - my dinner's done - oven baked bbq ck breast 4 oz - fresh steamed (well done ;0) broc -and a little pasta..

I will chat with you all in the morning

Tomorrow is 1/11 - 30 days til ORLANDDO :blush:

DH said it snowed in Orlando today. I am wishing it all away for our arrival in a couple of weeks. It was really chilly when we were there last year. Locals kept saying it was an unusually cold winter. Well, looks like we are going to hit another one.

I have started to pack. Threw in a lot of layered outfits, hoodies, etc. DH just looked at the couple of Rubbermaid totes full of my clothes, almost said something, smiled and said "You just go ahead and take what you think you need". How sweet. I think "think" was the operative word in his sentence. I might just "think" I need to pack one more tote!

Great dress, Laura. You look fantastic.

I think those who are on this thread recognize compulsive eating as an addiction and the band as just a tool not a cure. We need a place where we can be honest about the things that drive us into the food. We need a place where we'll receive compassion and honesty, humor and support.

Self-honesty is the key. Maybe there are those who can't be really honest or handle others honesty.

All we can have is compassion, pray for them, and hope that on their journey they come to their own realization of what it takes to change their lives.

Cheri

Great dress, Laura. You look fantastic.

I think those who are on this thread recognize compulsive eating as an addiction and the band as just a tool not a cure. We need a place where we can be honest about the things that drive us into the food. We need a place where we'll receive compassion and honesty, humor and support.

Self-honesty is the key. Maybe there are those who can't be really honest or handle others honesty.

All we can have is compassion, pray for them, and hope that on their journey they come to their own realization of what it takes to change their lives.

Cheri

Amen sista!!!!!

Great....you look Great in that dress...it's incredible. Glad you found something you like and is so flattering. I love the ornaments too. Wow, those are really cool as were the Santas.

Gee I though the band was magic...isn't it? You mean I spent all that money and had someone cut into me for nothing? Oh.....I must be in the wrong universe.

Sorry folks, my sarcastic evil twin shows up now and then...I have to beat her down with baguette and put her back in her coffee can now and then.

We smoked a turkey breast and a little pork loin. They both came out very nice...I made cucumbers with ff yogurt and onions and baby potatoes with capers. My sister and her daughter came here for dinner. Then we watched a movie and now I need to go to bed...that pesky work thing again tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone.

Eva

Great....you look Great in that dress...it's incredible. Glad you found something you like and is so flattering. I love the ornaments too. Wow, those are really cool as were the Santas.

Gee I though the band was magic...isn't it? You mean I spent all that money and had someone cut into me for nothing? Oh.....I must be in the wrong universe.

Sorry folks, my sarcastic evil twin shows up now and then...I have to beat her down with baguette and put her back in her coffee can now and then.

We smoked a turkey breast and a little pork loin. They both came out very nice...I made cucumbers with ff yogurt and onions and baby potatoes with capers. My sister and her daughter came here for dinner. Then we watched a movie and now I need to go to bed...that pesky work thing again tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone.

Eva

Eva.......you are too funny! At our age that evil twin shows up when we least expect her.

Meredith....was just hoping you would pop in. I miss hearing from you. Also, did you get your tickets to FL yet? Hope you are doing OK.

Brrr... it's 35 (say it feels like 26)... with a high of 55. That's still COLDDDDDDDDDDDD! I didn't sleep very well b/c DH in and out with beeper blaring. yawn.

Dad is in his 3rd week of this cycle of chemo. Today they are adding a 2nd medication. He will be there 5-6 hrs for the infusion. Let's pray his kidney can handle it. He will get next week "off" from chemo, but I don't think he feels like traveling. We may go see him all together. Let's see how he feels/does.

Off to cross country skii, ummm, I mean, take Nels to car line!!! LOL

peasout...CBL

Apples........I made steel cut oats this morning. They are much better than regular oatmeal cuz I do not like oatmeal. I put cinnamon and splenda in them. I had intended to start my shakes, but I was just curious about the oats. I will shake for lunch.< /p>