Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

I guess Tuesdays are good nights for me to post because you guys are all busy watching some of your favorite shows.

We haven't even turned on the TV tonight. Yes, I live in a social twilight zone because we don't watch reality TV.

Great....sorry about the job loss....and really sorry your boss didn't have the huevos to tell you, but you don't really sound too broken up about it. And as the saying goes, when one door closes, another opens. Maybe the hospital job will come through....hopefully after Florida. There's a couch or bed or something calling your name!!

LInda...the amount of exercise you do is amazing. I'm so glad to hear your hip is doing so well. Javalina babies are cute...but most babies are. If they weren't so destructive I wouldn't mind so much, but they can really tear stuff up. They have BIG fangs and I don't challenge them too much. I will chase them off my porch or out of my yard if they are chewing on my plants.

Okay Janet...the 4am stuff is just way out of my realm of possibility. I haven't even put together my new machine. I can't see it at night well enough to get the screws in the right place. It would probably help if I wasn't spending more than 10 hours a day at work also. I did get a lot of walking in today at work. So that is something.

Wow Applies, 20 degrees...uuugggg, but you know with all the temperature changes, it's a good excuse for more clothing, so you can layer. On an earlier post you were talking about boiled wool. I love the look of that, but when would I wear it? I have a wool car coat now and rarely wear it. There are some things I miss about being in the cold country...but not driving on ice, scraping windows in the morning before driving on ice to go to work, scraping windows before driving on ice to come home and the mud. When the snow and ice finally melt...the mud...yuck. Okay, I like my desert. OH, and that ordering stuff like steel cut oatmeal on Amazon...great idea.

Laura, so sorry about the mess in your car...yuck...that sticky stuff ends up in places you can't even think of. Guess you really weren't supposed to drink that. Sorry you are having such a dropsie day...hate it when that happens. Is Nels asleep? Maybe that will be one good thing today.

Phyl, what states are you missing?

Arlene, I think it's in our Mom's or Grandmas job description to do the guilt thing...I don't think they are always aware of it, but I know too many Moms that do it. How far away does she live? Houston is a big city. The one thing about sliming is you slow down.

Jessica....slow way down and chew chew chew....your band it too new to challenge it. Really think about what you are eating...I know you are busy with school, but you need to be really careful now. When I was first banded, I ate a lot slower than I do now...I forget now and that's when I get the slime going...it's not fun. Glad your incision is doing well. Are you taking interesting classes?

1 day...Melissa, right? Glad you will still be making it. Having a friend for support is a good thing. Hope she likes us.

sharlene...wow, you are doing more than great. Banding isn't a quick way to lose weight....it's a life time way to lose weight. Good job lady.

Cheri, glad you are so close to goal and focused. You'll do fine in maintenance. You have all the tools and you know how to use them.

Julie, how are you? Meredith?

It was a long day today...this job I was working on is really ugly and will be very pricey. Lot's of trenching and difficult access for the aerial parts. Ug. I've been uging a lot today.

I have one more not too fun job to field tomorrow and get turned in by Thursday, then I can catch up with some stuff I've put on the back burner. Right now we are just getting the stuff ready to submit for permits. All of my drawings need to be finished yet so theres a lot more work that needs to be done. Then I have a mere 33 other site to work on.

I bought a lottery ticket tonight, maybe I'll be lucky tomorrow.

My sister didn't get the job, but it had to do more with the fact the gallery owner only wanted to pay her $8/hr. She was getting $14/hr in Alaska. She is very skilled with what she does and is worth that much at least. At least this experience is helping with her confindence and she is going to go looking at other places for employment.

Okay, I think I'm going to listen to my book. Hope you all enjoyed your shows!!

Eva

Drive by post - I am pooped...

I came home made popcorn and watched a movie.

Just finished cooking dinner - and feeding the dogs and really got online to ck something out - and then just had to come and see what the girls are up to..

Great I really hope you can make it !!!

Apples You and me coffee in the a.m. and we will hit the gym or go for a walk while our roomie gets her beauty sleep... lol

Laura - Hugs on Dad - Rice & Wax ;o)

Jessica - Move to mushies - refried Beans etc - most of us go from liquids to mushies - i know some may have went to soft but if they aren't agreeing with you go to mushies - what where you eating how much did you eat til you pb'd -

Do you have one cup bowls - or use a 1/2 cup measuring cup - put your food in that and eat very slowing - I could barely eat 1/2 c in the beginning -

there is a learning curve to this whole band thing - but please don't pb - you are still healing - eat yogurt - pureed foods - cottage cheese

Well gang I gotta go veg - CBL

Great...the dates are Feb 11-14...3 nights. Excited that you are looking at the possibility of joining us!

Sounds like the job situations might just turn out to be a win/win for you. Change is good. Getting up at 4am to go out and work is bad. Hope you slip into that new job and love it.

Any other questions regarding FL?

Yep just one, what time are you guys trying to co-ordinate your arrivals into Orlando? And what time are the flights out on the 14th? I can pretty much pick and choose as long as there are vacancies but might try to get in a little earlier and then just sit and wait as a back up. I am probably not going to know for sure til closer to the time, but right now the flights look great which surprises the heck out of me since it's a holiday weekend.

Sharlene, you are doing great, congrats on your band!

Jessica, be careful on your mushies and mashed potatoes though mushy aren't the best choice they aren't Protein. You may be sore for a day or two as when you get stuck you have a tendency to swell up.

Nope, Eva I wasn't too torn up about my layoff. I just didn't like how it was handled. And I am done getting up at 4am!!! I'm actually looking forward to my freedom when my knee heals.

Eva......you are funny. Yep, my mom doesn't mean to guilt me.....but she does. She is about 18miles across the city. Then I have to drive her to another part of the city to the doctor. It was a beautiful day so we had a good time. I need to cherish my time with her.

I set a new goal for myself. I need y'all to hold my feet to the fire.;)

Eva......you are funny. Yep, my mom doesn't mean to guilt me.....but she does. She is about 18miles across the city. Then I have to drive her to another part of the city to the doctor. It was a beautiful day so we had a good time. I need to cherish my time with her.

I set a new goal for myself. I need y'all to hold my feet to the fire.:thumbup:

I have a match in hand!;)

Let's go, Girl!

You can do it...let's move!

I set a new goal for myself. I need y'all to hold my feet to the fire.:thumbup:

One last message, Charlene...We are ALL here to get your A$$ motivated....cuz we love you!;)

Great...Eva and Janet get in around 4pm together. Julie hits Orlando about 2:15.

Flights out...Eva will be staying extra day. Julie flys out at 1:20pm on Sunday and Janet at 9:30am.

Hope that helps!

Eva,

Being from the NE, it's pretty strange that the 5 states I am missing are Vermont, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire and Delaware! Been to all of the other states at some time in my life.

7_6_8.gif

Eva...I am thinking of bringing one of my boiled wool jackets with me to FL. I wear them long into the spring and early fall. If I think of it, I will snap a photo of it tomorrow. It really does look like it's made for a little warmer weather. Some of mine are lightweight enough that I can pull them off as a sweater. Note is on the desk by the camera.

It's off to bed I go!

Great...Eva and Janet get in around 4pm together. Julie hits Orlando about 2:15.

Flights out...Eva will be staying extra day. Julie flys out at 1:20pm on Sunday and Janet at 9:30am.

Hope that helps!

Helps a lot thanks, I will try and co-ordinate my time if I come

Eva,

Being from the NE, it's pretty strange that the 5 states I am missing are Vermont, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire and Delaware! Been to all of the other states at some time in my life.

7_6_8.gif

Lived in DE, not missing much there. I am missing 4 states myself, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama all of mine are close together too. I wanted to hit all 50 by 50 but am missing it by a couple years but I will get to those states! It's a goal I have set.

1 day...Melissa, right? Glad you will still be making it. Having a friend for support is a good thing. Hope she likes us.

Octotillo - I am sure she will like you all we are pretty much alike I think that is why we have been friends for so long.

Sharlene - Everyone is right you are doing awesome.

All,

I forgot to mention I have an interview for another position in my company tomorrow wish me luck. It will get off the phones so I do not have to watch how long I talk on the phone anymore and I can give real customer service. So basically out of the call center and on up in the company.;)

Drive by post - I am pooped...

I came home made popcorn and watched a movie.

Just finished cooking dinner - and feeding the dogs and really got online to ck something out - and then just had to come and see what the girls are up to..

Great I really hope you can make it !!!

Apples You and me coffee in the a.m. and we will hit the gym or go for a walk while our roomie gets her beauty sleep... lol

Laura - Hugs on Dad - Rice & Wax ;o)

Jessica - Move to mushies - refried Beans etc - most of us go from liquids to mushies - i know some may have went to soft but if they aren't agreeing with you go to mushies - what where you eating how much did you eat til you pb'd -

Do you have one cup bowls - or use a 1/2 cup measuring cup - put your food in that and eat very slowing - I could barely eat 1/2 c in the beginning -

there is a learning curve to this whole band thing - but please don't pb - you are still healing - eat yogurt - pureed foods - cottage cheese

Well gang I gotta go veg - CBL

Oh no you don't....I'm doing coffee and something physical too...you aren't leaving me there to sleep like a slug.

Hi there, this is later than I ususally post, but am waiting for my pills to kick in.... Long day today.. DH wanted to go to Bismarck first before the funeral since we didn't have Mimi today.... so off we went..........then to funeral at 2:00.... I got home at 6:00 and had a few things to do... Then sat and watched TV with DH..... The weather was up to 34 today.....very nice here with no real wind for a change.... We don't do reality TV, but rather watch dramas or TRU Tv or A&E or ID.... OXygen...... something with a story... NCIS is about my favorite..... and also like Snapped about the women who snap and kill their husbands, but always get caught...I guess I like mysteries.... Murder mysteries are my kind of book, too.....

Laura, so sorry your dad is having a bad time... not much to do but keep going.... take a deep breath..and go on.... And Cheri is right.... there's just those days you can't explain..... same advice..... take a deep breath and go on!!!

Lori, glad to hear you might join us.... should be so nice to just sit and talk all at the same time for a change...

Sorry to say I'm very tired now and can't remember much about everyone's posts... I'll try to catch up tomorrow.... My pills must be working... time to sleep... SD bro is coming to visit tomorrow before going home on Thursday.... Gotta get up early and get some more food done I suppose....don't know what yet, though... Have to thing.....

God bless and good night............ Julie