Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

oh apples, our city has gone crazy.......today is winterfest and the city has bought tons of snow for the kids. Lol

are they nuts?????????????

You know the grass is greener on the other side theory.......for some freakin reason Texas kids think that if it snowed they would have a great winter. We don't want to burst their bubble.

Janet and Karen, thanks for the tips on the boots and the jeans. I might check out the jeans, guess I will wait on boots for now. I have no idea what size jeans to even order so maybe will take my measurements and go from there. I need the talls.

Am awaiting DH to get home, he went to a men's Breakfast thing with some guys from church. We have a meeting then at 11 this morning about a group that he leads and meets at our house through our church every Wed. night. We are debating giving the group up though as DH is travelling so much and unable to be here to lead it. It's sortta a Bible study, but also sortta place to talk about your issues etc. there's been some great things that have happened via the group but I am also tiring of hosting it every Wed. night have done it for 3 yrs.

Well the cowboys have invaded Denver, today starts the National WEstern Stock Show and Rodeo and it runs for about 2 weeks or so. We were at Bass Pro last night and they were coming by the van loads from various hotels etc. Phyl, the buffalo are at the Rocky Mtn ARsenal which is on the way to Bass Pro. The arsenal used to house all sorts of dangerous chemical warfare type stuff and now they've cleaned it up and it's a wildlife refuge, there's deer, buffalo, etc. and it has trails around it. It's almost walking distance from my house but not quite.

I am trying to decide what to do about my fill in my band. As you know I had that emergency unfill in the hospital after knee #2 surgery. I know we try not to get into the number of cc's but for reference I had 11 ccs in a 14cc band. They took out 5 ccs leaving me with 6cc. so almost half. I was freaking out I'd gain all my weight back etc. but in reality when I went to get part of that fill back, I was never hungry and still losing weight. So she only gave me 3/4 cc at that time and that was the day before Christmas. I stopped losing, and am maintaining well within my range. However, I am eating more and getting hungry more often now. So I am trying to decide do I stay where I am now for maintainance and not worry about getting such tight restriction back? Or do I get maybe another cc or so and see how it goes. Sometimes now I feel like I am white knuckling it, but at other times it feels like I am how shall I say, more normal? I don't even have to worry about such small bites etc. Opininons??? I think if I continue being more hungry I will get some, but might take a wait and see approach for a bit.

You guys are just wonderful!!

Arlene...I started taking an anti inflammatory (generic name is Piroxycam) last weekend and I've slept better than I have in months. It's taken all the little aches and pains away that would wake me up at night and the ones I feel (back, hip, etc) during the day. Maybe ask your doc about an anti inflammatory. The problem with this drug is I can't take any other anti inflammatory such as asprin, tylenol, etc. I have the vicodin if the pain gets too bad. I'm also on bp meds...been on the same one for years now...no cough or adverse side effects from it. BP is normal or better. I really feel for your aches, it's miserable to live with that.

Laura, you are a sensible parent it seems. I can't believe people are so concerned about the gift that they care about a gift receipt. It's very superficial. I love giving pratical gifts...have a hard time giving something basically useless. I always thought kids were easy because there is so many things out the to amuse them....but I guess those kids have a definite idea about what they want too.

As for sushi, this particular sushi chef/owner is very particular about his product...nothing is old or stinky. He is Japanese and is still a Japanese citizen and is here on a green card. I can barely understand him, but enough to get by. He's taught me a lot about the art and skill involved and he tries to do his stuff in as traditional manner as possible. He makes all his own sauces and they are yummy. He has spoiled me because I've only found one other place that is equal to this place and it's in San Diego. I don't eat sushi when I travel anymore because it's usually disappointing.

Julie, sounds like you are well rested and raring to go. Hope you have a wonderful day. Yep, those "pigs" are ugly, but when you see a mom with a couple of little babies, they are so cute. Don't hurt yourself undecorating.

And yes to whomever asked, javalinas are mean....they are wild animals. A mom will protect her young and males don't like to be challenged. They've been known to bite people and dogs. You can usually just yell at them and chase them away, but not always. I am very careful with my encounters with them and keep the dog away. We've had as many as 30 in the yard at one time...moms, dads, and many babies in various sizes from pretty big to very tiny. They are generally nocturnal, but you do see them in the day.

Can you tell I really like my desert creatures? Except when they eat my plants and know over stuff like the garbage.

Apples, you can complain about the cold all you want...it makes me more grateful to me here. I love to visit the cold but don't want to work in it. I think if I ever lost weight to where you are, I would have a similar figure as you. It will be interesting to see.

I have fairly decent legs and I don't wear dresses because I can't keep my knees together. Also, when it's hot here, I sweat and I can't stand the feeling on my inner thighs. I used to wear dresses or skirts a lot, but they just aren't that flattering anymore. Maybe some day in the future. And I do believe the world is getting more casual because you see people in very casual clothes everywhere. Tucson is especially bad because it's a laid back town and people wear jeans everywhere. That's why I had a formal (in a manner of speaking) wedding and we dressed up for new years. I'll post a couple of pictures. Gee, I'm beginning to like doing that.

I have to go get my brand new hedge trimmer going and get those bushes cut down. Talk to you all later.

Eva

We must have been posting at the same time Cheri and Lori.

Lori, that's cool about the Rocky Mtn Arsenal being turned into a wildlife refuge. If I remember correctly, it was a big controversy many years ago. I remember that rodeo...it's held in a covered arena right? Too cold to be outside in the winter. Colorado Springs has the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo.

Cheri...I feel the same way with my garden (or somewhat lack of one) I'm just feeding the birds and lizards. I can't keep anything without chicken wire over it.

Pictures...we had a Mardi Gras theme wedding. Now, I was technically married the month before, but no one knew, so this was a staged wedding and was great fun for me. So the group shot was of everyone that wanted to be in it...and there's a shot of me an my sisters. Then the table arrangement is something I put together.

Wow, those QVC jeans are all sold out in talls already this early in the morning. I can waitlist them, but will see, I have several pairs of jeans right now so maybe best to wait.

Yes, Eva, the rodeo is indoors but still cold but it takes up many buildings and grounds and many of the animals and stuff is outdoors. It seems like it is usually freezing when it's in town too. Last year someone at DH's job gave us seats to the final rodeo it was a lot of fun. And before the rodeo we went to 'Cowboy Church' that was neat.

Eva... great pictures! What is the name of the sushi place in San Diego that you like? We're going there for an overnight trip next month with DD & SIL.

36_14_9.gif

Argh! I lost a long post I had been working on, so I'm not going to try to recreate it. But first of all, thanks for the good wishes on my "bad day." Today I've been feeling much better, and I appreciate your kind thoughts. I know everyone has bad days, but I get worried when I can't seem to pull out of it.

Apples, thanks for the offer on those bras. Right now, I'm wearing a 40 or 42 D, so it'll probably be a while before I'd be in a 36. Hopefully not TOO long though.

Eva... great pictures! What is the name of the sushi place in San Diego that you like? We're going there for an overnight trip next month with DD & SIL.

36_14_9.gif

Kazumi...and it's in the Hillcrest area. It's tucked into this building that has a gym and some other stuff. Really fresh fish, inventive, and the owner and his son are the sushi chefs.

Just got home from the birthday party. WOW! That was a LOUD party!!! 22 kids in a small guest house b/c it was 35 degrees and rainy outside! And they have several acres too... what a shame we were stuck inside. Took pics with my phone, forgot the camera.

Nelson and his girlfriend, Alexia (age 4)

They had the local wildlife center bring in animals. possum- corn snake- owl- skunk and baby alligator. geez

It was a pirate themed birthday and they had a blast. There was no heat and I froze there for 3 hours.

more later....

Eva - Love the pic's and since I have met you and know what you look like now Girl can really see your weight loss !!!!

Well gang I am pooped already and it's only noon - I have been to the gym did 1 hr on the treadmil 3.75 miles burned 526 cal - the dropped the car off to get the oil changed - walked home .7 miles - took down the outside xmas lights and christmas decorations down - put them up - cleaned up the garage a little - went and p/u car (got a ride) came home 1 hr wii fit burned another 200 cal - did a load of wash..

Still got the inside to do (xmas stuff) clean my room - more wash - need to food shop - target shop - ck bro's house but all I really want to do right now is eat something and watch t.v. or read..

Well I gotta jump in the shower - sweated like a pig at the gym - CBL

Nazzy

Here's the menu

janet - you are right about the gas. i usually fill up before i leave then went I get to this certain gas station on my trip i fill up again then i am nearly empty when i get to Kissimmee which is where i used to live.

Driving this time with a v-6 might be a different story I checked prices for flying it is like $200 - $300 if i try to fly in when everyone else does so we can car pool. that limits doing price line unless i get a rental

ocotillo - I love my car it is very comfortable I just have not taken it on a road trip yet. It is a 2002 so I have to get my mechanic to look at it before I go. I just get nervous having a used car because you never know what you really have. But carfax said there was no problem with the car when I bought it. Any my husband checked it out from front to back before we bought it.

Just finished trimming all the front bushes with my new hedge trimmer....wow, I wonder why I waited so long to buy one. It worked great. Still have a little raking and picking up to do, but I can get that tomorrow. I'm pretty tired and a 5 pound machine held out at arm's length is quite a workout. I think I will feel this tomorrow.

Deb, I hate it when that happens....lose a post. Glad you are pulling out of your slump...it's hard. Just know someone here will respond if you need to say something...you can PM any of and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

I think I'm going to take a nap before the next project...I'm brining a turkey so DH can smoke it tomorrow.

Eva

We have a heat wave here! We are almost 50 degrees today and supposed to get into the 50's tomorrow. After the below zeros yesterday morning, this is a heat wave. A saying around Colorado is, 'if you don't like the weather, wait 5 min'. It's over a 60 degree swing in 24 hours. Lots of snow melting today too. And yes I did see shorts and sandals out there today, not on me though. LOL But did go out with just a sweater on for a jacket vs a parka, etc. DH is even grilling steak for our dinner tonight.

Leg/Knee is hurting today, I didn't do much but did sit at a meeting this morning for 2 hours and rode in the car with DH on some errands for a couple hours, it does get achy when it's down for a long time vs propped up in my recliner.