Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want some REAL food!?!?!?!?!

I was just banded on Thursday 5/22/08 and this has been harder than I thought. I have been doing the liquid diet since Thursday, but today has been VERY hard for me. Especially when all I can think about is FOOD!!!!! I am a very emotional eater, and have been pretty depressed since the surgery. I just now got out of the house this morning (too sore to leave before today) and actually had an adult conversation with my Mother (my dog doesn’t speak good English..lol). All I have been doing is lying down and watching movies since I got home Thursday afternoon.

OK........I want something to EAT!!!!! I am soooo sick of shakes, pudding, Jell-O & the worst thing chicken BrOtH! YUCK!!!!!

I have to fight my mind all the time; I have not slipped one time, and am VERY proud of myself. But it has been just as hard as being on all the other diets I have been on for over 10 years on and off!

Anyone having this same problem?!?!?!

:D

exactly the same :D

it has been a week today since i had my surgery and it has been a huge battle for me.

its not so much that i am hungry, but rather that i crave and want food.< /p>

i'm also finding myself very down and depressed because i know that there are still weeks left of this for me and there are even times when i regret having the band put in and want it out!

i havent slipped either yet, just because of the fear that i will vomit and have to be back in hospital.

i have no idea how i am going to get through this!

I had one heck of a time-the first two weeks-actually my two weeks is up tomorrow, but I started scrambled eggs yesterday and I'm not apoligizing--the only thing that got me thru those weeks was my mother in law made potato Soup and because you can have -cream of- Soups I would strain it and microwave a cup of it with a piece of cheese in it--I found myself looking forward to it--but still it was real hard--I kept thinking eggs and cottage cheese wont be that hard so its only 2 weeks of hell whats 2 weeks really--I know 14 days 336 hours--just hang in there--when the psch eval guy i had to say said I couldn't eat w/ meals I said "i can't do that" and he said--"yes you can "its either important or it isn't"---Its so dumb and simple--but we can really do ANYTHING because its important or it isn't--Best of luck--one minute at a time--small victories--and be proud of yourself

One more trick--for me salt and vinegar chips are my weakness so I would chew them up and then spit them in the garbage--it was so nice to crunch and get flavor, without cheating

I was just banded wed. 5/21/08 & feel the same way. I feel I have little energy & am not satisfied with the liquids. I just keep reminding myself that this part of the band experience is really for the healing. I must remain on this diet and the next few weeks in order to heal properly. From what I've learned-the band will help out in the future when you have received enough fill for restriction/and satisfaction. It did help to get outside today even though I felt tired. Moving around helps!

Whewww...I'm glad I'm not alone! I just had the surgery on 5/21 and I'm having the same feelings. I'm really not that much of a Soup eater, and when I do have soup it has a lot of veggies and meat in it. So this has been a little tough. I'm not gonna lie, I've slipped a couple of times. Not because I was hungry, but because I felt the need to have something a little more hearty. So I did puree some things into what resembled a soup. So, I guess I'll do better at the 3-4 week, since I have the puree-ing thing down...lol

Thank you for your prompt replies. I am not hungry per say, but my mind thinks about food ALL the time!!! I have to close the door when my son and husband bring home Sonic, Braums, etc... I can smell the food and think my life is over! LOL

I have doubted this decision as well. But know in the long run that I made the right decision! But I do believe this liquid diet (so far) as been worse than all the other diets I tried. 1.) I HAVE to, or I will have spent $15,000 for no reason. 2.) I don’t want to throw up. 3.) I don’t want to fail AGAIN! 4.) I want to prove to myself I CAN do this!!

But.................all I want to do is sleep, and then I don’t think about food at all. I tried to talk myself into licking some Doritos last night...lol

But I knew if I tried to that I would eventually gorge myself with them.

I CANT wait to eat some mushies!!!! How long has your Dr. told you that you have to wait for mushies? I have to wait 10 days...

HI ALL...I WAS BANDED 5/22/05 AND HOPING I MAKE IT THRU MY DIET. MY DOC SAYS 21 DAYS OF liquid AND THEN SOLID FOODS. SON CAME HOME FROM COLLEGE WITH GIRLFRIEND FOR HOLIDAY AND WAS ON HIS HEAD TI EAT AT RED LOBSTER. I THOUGHT THAT I COULD HAVE JUST CLEAR Soup BUT THEY DIDN'T SALE ANY!!:D JUST HAD MY PROTIEN Water WHILE KIDS ATE SHRIMP, bread, FRIES, BAKED POTATOES. MY YOUNGEST WHO'S 7 HAD EXTRA cheese STIX AND KEPT PUTTING THEM IN MY FACE. REALLY HATE KIDS RIGHT NOW....BUT GUESS WHAT, I DID NOT CHEAT AND VERY PROUD OF MYSELF!!! I JUST PRAY I MAKE MY 21 DAYS OF LIQUIDS!!:thumbup: KEEP PUSHING EVERYONE AND BEST OF LUCK!!!

LENA23

I was banded on may 21st. I have had nothing to eat since the 19th as far as real foods. The 20th i had broth apple juice and some Jello. 21ST... BAND! I was not even hungery until may 24th. I now take 2 slimfast and juice / Water and im happy for the day. I sometimes think of food.... but no where as much of some of you have...and for that im happy. This is hard enough to deal with then to have to be having the extra weight of thinking of food .

I suggust you keep food out of ur sight, stay away from ppl who will tempt you also. I have had to in the past tell ppl that tempted me this line.... " im losing weight to become healthy and live a better life , please understand this is for my health. " I find it most often its eaither lil kids that tempt or skinny ass friends who think its funny.

Keep pushing urself to be your best. I look at it this way, i changed my body with a tool... there is no going back now.:)

Edited by jls_27

I took a different approach. I force myself to cook lunch/dinner for my family everynight. I never really get to cook because I frequently have business meetings in the evening...so I decided to use my time off to get my "domestic" life in order as well.

I don't want to give food a chance to beat me...I want to control the food. I refuse to run away from it. I won't hide in another room while my family is eating...I'll sit right next to them in the diningroom and talk with them while they eat. I'll also decide what food comes into the house and I'll cook it the way I want to...and then I'll give it to my family and go and eat my pudding! LOL It's actually worked quite well. I cried once this week because I wanted to eat but I think my battle against food is going quite well.

When i was on full liquids, i would make different creations in the blender, i also loved having cream of potato Soup, even bought brocolli cheese soup from quiznos and blended it as a treat..anytime i got the urge to just go take a nap, i would make myself take a walk instead ...(lost 16 lbs on liquids) thankfully i am now on mushie food (hormel chili in the blender with a little cheese added is the best) hang in there, you will get through it

Today was the hardest for me. I just want to chew something. I went and got some gum, which really did help actually. I really want some grits, but I have 3 more days...do you think it will hurt me since they are so thin and small?

This is a reply to all on this thread. It's because of the very things you all say that I have decided not to have this done. I am so tired of fighting this weight issue in my life and right now, I jus don't think I have the mental fortitude to concentrate as much as this seems to require right now. I've got serious "diet fatigue." I don't know if I'll be able to handle all the restraint...even though God KNOWS that's exactly what I need. Being fat is just not fair :-) I think I'm just going to have my stomach "flap" cut off and also the upper inner thighs. But I'm allergic to pain :-)., so I don't know what the heck to do! I'm 53 years old, now 240 pounds (usually weigh ~ 200 and look good at that weight, believe it or not.) But this is beyond anything I recognize in the mirror. Depressed. Good luck to those of you who had the courage to go through with the Lapband. Hang in there.

txjanna-the hospital gave me something that resembled watered down grits and called it a full liquid on day 2 post op. I was told, if it fits through a straw--its a liquid. I've eaten really soupy oatmeal (blenderized of course) as a liquid with no problems. I also did the same with tuna-added mayo and kept the Water from the can then blenderized the living daylights out of it. Sounds gross, but it actually tasted just the same and was something different. It's probably a mushy but I've been on liquids 2 weeks pre op and 1 week post op and am really sick of Soup and Protein Shakes. So far I've had no problem with this. Also, I make my own shakes as a change of pace. I will add skim milk, a frozen banana, and pulp free oj and blend for a tasty shake. There are tons of ideas on this board. I've been changing it up and am greatful for the support. Like I said, Ive expereinced no issues doing this and have lost 9 pounds since last Monday :))