Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want some REAL food!?!?!?!?!

That's a shame you're deciding against it. It is your decision of course, but all in all it's not THAT BAD. I haven't had food since the 12th, and it does indeed suc, but I look at the fact that I am now well on my way to a new body and life that it's worth it.

As for everyone else...I am going INSANE!!! I get to start on an egg a day tomorrow and I am SO EXCITED!!! YAY!!! Next Tuesday I get to start my mushies. WOOT! Let's just hope that the Tobasco I plan on slathering my egg with doesn't upset my new tummy. lol

so i know this may sound so silly.. but i had the hardest time with food today. driving around and smelling everyone's bbq. it was the worst. i haven't really been hungry since being banded on may 16th, but i really do want to chew on something. so i have to say that i sort of cheated today. i didn't eat anything bad, really just something that i'll be starting in the next few days, but either way, i had to come clean. i ate 3 red kidney Beans from my husband's rice and beans. he's dominican and i think he makes the best rice and beans ever! and the smell of it just got to me tonight. so i guess i don't really feel bad about it.. at least it was lean Protein and it's not like it got stuck. anyway, i can't wait to eat real food. just something with a little texture. i know many of you may feel the same way, just hang in there. i'm trying my best.

I am right with everyone else I am just hungry!

Hi everyone!

OK...yesterday sucked for me!!! I did fine until last night. I had grits, then I sucked on some cheetos, and then ate 2 chocolate chip Cookies, well I actually sucked on them! lol

I was just fine until around 10:00 this morning....then....my stomach started to burn. I am blaming it on the above, however, am not sure if I just am having a stomach flu or something???

So far today....so good! I have until Saturday before I can have mushies, and I am dreaming about them BIG TIME! :scared2:

I was just banded on Thursday 5/22/08 and this has been harder than I thought. I have been doing the liquid diet since Thursday, but today has been VERY hard for me. Especially when all I can think about is FOOD!!!!! I am a very emotional eater, and have been pretty depressed since the surgery. I just now got out of the house this morning (too sore to leave before today) and actually had an adult conversation with my Mother (my dog doesn’t speak good English..lol). All I have been doing is lying down and watching movies since I got home Thursday afternoon.

OK........I want something to EAT!!!!! I am soooo sick of shakes, pudding, Jell-O & the worst thing chicken BrOtH! YUCK!!!!!

I have to fight my mind all the time; I have not slipped one time, and am VERY proud of myself. But it has been just as hard as being on all the other diets I have been on for over 10 years on and off!

Anyone having this same problem?!?!?!

:scared2:

Yes

It has been the same for me. Have you considered asking your doctor if you could take diet pills until you have your fill? I was banded on 05 20 08. Since 05 25 08 i have been eating mushy foods which you shouldnt eat until you were about a month post op. Luckily I have not thrown up or felt nauseated until today ( right after eating a this slices banna that I mushed up. I still have been losing wieght because I can only eat a little b4 I feel full.

I decided to go ahead and try some mushy food because I didnt want to lose it one day because I was starving and just eat like a pig and then make myself vomit...

I hope this helps you......to know that you are not alone

Samantha

Hey Guys

I just have a quick question and a confession to make. Ok since the 3rd day after surgery I have been eating mushy food. This is something that I shouldnt have been eating until week 3 or 4 but the thing is the food has not made me sick. I was banded on 05 20 08. I know that to some of you this may seem really bad but the fact of the matter is I have continued to lose wieght because I am only able to eat a couple of bites b4 I feel full.

The doctor said the reason he wants you stay on the liquid diet is to prevent you from throwing up the food with will move you band out of place. Well I have not thrown up once. I am just wondering if you all believe that me eating mushy foods at this stage is dangerous even though I am not getting sick or throwing up.

Tell me what you think please.....

Samantha

Hey Guys

I just have a quick question and a confession to make. Ok since the 3rd day after surgery I have been eating mushy food. This is something that I shouldnt have been eating until week 3 or 4 but the thing is the food has not made me sick. I was banded on 05 20 08. I know that to some of you this may seem really bad but the fact of the matter is I have continued to lose wieght because I am only able to eat a couple of bites b4 I feel full.

The doctor said the reason he wants you stay on the liquid diet is to prevent you from throwing up the food with will move you band out of place. Well I have not thrown up once. I am just wondering if you all believe that me eating mushy foods at this stage is dangerous even though I am not getting sick or throwing up.

Tell me what you think please.....

Samantha

Samantha,

I am no Dr. but I say if you feel ok, then go with it. I am fixing to eat some freaking chicken -n- stars soup!!!!!!!! I will chew those little bitty stars until they are mush, and the chicken too! Tomorrow will be 7 days since surgery and I think if your not throwing up and you dont over do it then I say ok. But...........again, I am not a Dr. so this is my opinion only. Let me know what you decided, I will report back after the yummy Soup shortly. :scared2:

Hi I was banded the 22nd. And tomorrow I get to have a few mushies like creamed Soup and cream of wheat Cereal (thinned out) but if thinned out cream of wheat is ok. Why not thinned out grits? Its almost the same thing. Unless corn is harder to digest than wheat? I would call and ask my nutritionalist for sure.

So far so good, my stomach is still burning so I have only eaten about 8 bites of this chicken-n-stars Soup and I do believe I will throw the rest away. I hope this burning is not because of what I ate last night, or now, and that it goes away soon... :scared2:

Do you think starting 3 days early is a really bad thing????

can i ask you how you qualified for the band with a BMI of 37? Did you have comorbidities? If so which ones? I have a bmi of 37 and my other health issues are asthma and arthritis, and apparently these are not serious enough to be considered comorbidities.

Hi Verukka,

I was going to see if my insurance would pay for it, and they would but after 6 months to a year of going to all the dieticians, being on ANOTHER weight loss program, go see a phych....I just decided instead of going through all that mess, that I would just pay cash. I am in TX and I had surgery in the Dallas area. It cost me $15,000.00 for the operation, anethioligst (sp?) and all my fills for over a year. I am not a very patient woman, and we had some extra money in savings so that is how I did it. I also have asthma & reflux, so far no reflux but while the Dr. was doing my surgery he had to fix a hinea hurnie (again sp?). So basically I got a two for one deal.

i ate some mushies the very first week as I mentioned before, but I strayed from anything with Pasta (like noodles in soup). Instead I did tuna with mayo or oatmeal all blended and it is very filling and I have experienced no problems. Maybe, if you are feeling burning, try a different mushy (one that is more protein). Just wondering. I had some hummus today and that went down fine. I can't wait till I can eat a piece of chicken or fish again LOL. Good grief I switched the tv channel to find a show all about donuts. I am being mocked by THE BIG GUY UPSTAIRS! :scared2:

LMAO!!! It seems all that is on TV anymore between my shows are commercials about chicken, pizza, chocolate, etc...anything I CAN'T eat...I just roll my eyes and change the channel. I just took some GasX and it seems to be better. I think I may have just gotten something.

Im newly banded on the 23rd, and have been on full liquids for a few days. But first, I want to find whoever creates those Chili's commercials and force them to eat chicken broth and Jello for a few days because the thickest applewood sliced bacon on a freakin beautiful cheeseburger DOES not help my morale right now!!!!!!!! Ok, so now that I have that out of my system (i am literally dreaming of bacon these days), when I was put on full liquids a couple of days ago, I decided I had to do things my way in order to survive.

I got up the strength and decided to make homemade chicken and dumplings from scratch (originally I planned to share with my entire family but that quickly went out the window). Anyway, so I took out the dumplings and put the chicken and the soupie stuff in a blender and I've been eating off it since Monday. It has made me feel like I'm eating something real, and when I'm nauseous it actually makes me feel better (go figure). The other thing I did today, was go to Boston Market -- they have the best chicken tortilla Soup, and I blenderized that and I had that for lunch - very tasty and filling. Although I wanted to kill the drive thru lady for including the cornbread piece - my boxer enjoyed it :scared2:

My next treat? Homemade chicken gumbo with no rice - blenderized of course.

I'm glad I'm not alone. My first post-op weigh in is tomorrow. Good luck to everyone!

Just a question/suggestion...

Have any of you tried seeing a phycologist about these food desires? My doctor made you see one before surgery -- and have a few follow ups along with group sessions with other band or gastric patients.

Just a thought as this will be something that you will not only have to deal with in the 1st few weeks of your band but a lifetime.