Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies with large chests...

Thanks so much guys! The ladies in my support group didn't give up they bras, just their underwire ones. Most of us had the same surgeon so maybe HE positions the port a little higher. If he had to wear a bra that probably wouldn't be the case! LOL I'll definitely address it with him pre-surgery. You guys are the greatest! :thumbs_up:

My port is just above my belly button. But I did have an insision RIGHT where my underwire is in the front.

I only didnt wear an underwire for 2 days after surgery. I think i just went bra less which for me is worse then wearing an underwire.

I am at a 44F and was going to have to find a new bra because they stoped making it in F

But I just bought 44DD and they fit. little snug but they fit.

So I am happy. and my cup dosent runith over lol:biggrin2:

So dont give up your bras just cause others do. Wear what is right for you.

I think I am opposite of most of you. I am looking forward to wearing underwires. I am a 48 DDD/E. I am also short--5'0". Whenever I get a bra with the right cup size, the underwires are larger than life! They dig up into my armpits. When your obsese and short, finding anything to fit is so hard. At least I don't have trouble with shoes fitting!

When I was in my teens and early 20's, I was a C cup, and I could wear underwires. I am so looking forward to a little shrinkage! Right now, I wear bras with no underwires, and so the girls land on my stomach. I am lucky that I haven't had neck or back problems related to my breast size. I think this is because my fat belly acts as a shelf for them to rest on and takes the pressure off my back! I guess the belly has some benefits.

I will definitely be getting a breast lift after surgery. I just know when I lose the weight, they will look like a ball in a bag!

Someone mentioned buying bras for $150.00 from a specialty bra shop. I would gladly pay $150 for a bra that fits right. Does anyone know if you can have bras custom fitted?

I kind of like my girls and I really dont want them to go too far after I have my band. If they could perk up a little I wouldnt mind!! LOL

Bras fit nice now that I have lost a few pounds. I have gotten a little smaller but am still really shapely. I might just get away nice breasts after all, but a tt may be unavoidable.

My surgeon had me mark on myself with a marker where my bra, etc hit so he could make sure to put the port in a place that wouldn't hurt. Everything fits so much better now, but that's the first place I loose for some reason. I have to double bra when exercising or playing softball. Otherwise, I'd knock myself out!! LOL.

Ladies,

Just wanted to let you know that the surgery went great. My surgeon really placed all incisions very well and none of them interfere with my bra's. Right now I'm wearing non-underwire, but that's only because of the pressure. They do not irritate the incisions. The pressure from the wire is kind of too much, so while I'm out of work, I just wear a regular bra. I look forward to my underwire soon though. My bra's no longer fit me, so I'm off to Cacique soon to purchase some more.

Thanks for all the replies! :wink2:

I have a general question. I was originally in a 40D to a 38D and now am wearing a 36DD.

I know I am not filling out the cups on my original bras in that there is empty space in the tops and my straps are always sliding down my shoulders no matter how they are adjusted. However, my cup is now a DD which seems like maybe they are bigger but that doesnt make any sense.

Does the number also affect the actual cup size or am I just confused?

HeatherO---the way it was explained to me at my one and only bra fitting, was that they first measure the fullest part of your bust---then just below, where the band sits----which ends up your band size---the 38 say----and the difference in the 2 measurements determines the cup size. Like if there is only a 3 inch difference that means you need a C cup, a 4 inch difference is a D cup, 5 inch difference a DD. Now I am NOT saying that is the right correlation, but that is how it was explained that the cup size is determined.

So if you have lost a lot of weight through your back, and through the 'side boobs' under your arms, the measurment would be bigger.....moving you to a smalller band size and a larger cup size.

It is not uncommon. Some people carry a lot of weight in their breasts and when they begin losing weight they all go away----others lose everything around them, and they remain (me too!)---whatever the size you end up, buying a bra that fits good and is comfortable is well worth hunting for!!!

Kat

I'm currently wear two underwires that are sized 46FF. I bought 2 bras that were 44G online, and were too small to wear. They sat in my drawer for about a year, and now I'm wearing them :smile:

HeatherO - DD is bigger than a D. You should have stuck with a D or tried smaller.

Kat817 is correct. Also, I've found that the cup is not the same size when going to smaller sizes. The cup on a 36D is not the same size as a 40D.

so if previously, there was a 5 inch difference when you were 40 around, and making the assumumption that your breasts didn't get smaller, the difference is now a 9 inches, which means you'd have to go for a bigger cup for a 36 bra.

But with the weight loss, your boobs probably got smaller also, which is why it's important to take the measurements.

yes indeed - getting fitted is the first step! I always used the ribcage-bust-difference calculation using a tape measure, and thought I had it right. Bra's seemed ok (no uni-boob, or digging in shoulder straps, etc). However, as a weight loss mini-goal reward, I went to a bra shop and got properly fitted - what a difference. It is difficult to appreciate how having someone else measure you properly and exactly can make such a difference. To me, that service alone was well worth it!

I'm currently wear two underwires that are sized 46FF.

Pixel - do you mean that you wear two bras at the same time? I've always been busty; I'm a 42DD and have never thought about wearing two bras. I'm not being a smart aleck when I ask this: why do you need two bras? I'm wondering if I'm missing something here! :confused2:

Thanks!

lol I was wondering the same thing.

Hey Ladies,

I'm currently wearing a 40JJ (or occasionally a 42H from Lane Bryant). I buy most of my bras from Bravissimo (www.bravissimo.com) - they are overseas, but had pretty bras in my size - what a revelation!:crying:

I hope they don't go too far...I am, like one of the other posters, bigger around (width of breast) than long. They don't hang too far right now, but I would HATE to lose a lot of fullness and have them start hanging. I've been a every-single-day bra wearer since my teens.

I had the dreaded double-boob for a while (boob sticking out above the cup) when stores didn't carry anything but DD as their largest size - I hit that landmark in high school. I stuffed myself into DD's for quite a while, and only after visiting a professional fitter did I realize I didn't have to stuff the girls into a smaller package any more.

I love underwires - they support me like nothing else. The only thing I've found that supports me better is my leather dress, which I wear braless, because it's got steel boning in the torso - but I digress...

I will measure quite often as I reach landmarks in my weight loss - I still have some smaller cup sizes (I kept one or two) and will move to those when I need to. I hate the 'uniboob' look - sports bras have NEVER worked for me. I also stopped wearing the 'minimizer' bras - they seem to compress you and move you to the side - I don't need any more padding under my arms :wink2:

I've never tried two bras at a time - even during exercise class - but I could see how perhaps wearing one 'normal' bra and a sports bra (over the top) with no distinctive cups could help keep bouncing at bay...

I will say that if you go to a fitter, try to find one that is NOT associated with a particular store - some of them try to fit you into what the store carries, which may or may not be the actual size you need.

Also remember - if you go down a band size, the cup gets smaller too - at one of Oprah's bra interventions, many many women were told to get a smaller band size and a larger cup size!