Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies with large chests...

I've never tried two bras at a time - even during exercise class - but I could see how perhaps wearing one 'normal' bra and a sports bra (over the top) with no distinctive cups could help keep bouncing at bay...quote]

and i thought i was big to start at 38DD - 40JJ, OMG!!! lol

i have gone down to a 34D, and hope that's where the girls stay (which i think it's safe to say??)

oprah find for me:

Enell Sports Bra - Welcome

for running, and making sure the twins don't hurt me or anyone else - i swear by this brand. tad pricey - but you are HARNESSED in during your workout. my trainer use to beg me not to wear those on measurement days because he couldn't 'break thru the armor' as he called it to measure my back.....LOL

Also remember - if you go down a band size, the cup gets smaller too - at one of Oprah's bra interventions, many many women were told to get a smaller band size and a larger cup size!

I stumbled across this accidently. My bras before were 40 or 38 D's. Well after losing more than half my weight, I was no longer filling up the cup and the straps were falling off my shoulders constantly. It just wasnt a good fit anymore. Well, I tried on a bunch of bra's in various sizes and discovered that what fit and looked best was a 36 DD. I never would have guessed that my smaller breasts needed a bigger cup with a different band size.

Minimizers do just push it under your arms which is none to attractive. However, I found that side shapers work better than minimizers in that you still appear smaller with a better form and you now look good from all angles. However, I guess it probably depends on everyones physical body shape.

Just thought I'd add my two cents here. I've done the two sports bra thing at the gym in the past. It gave double the support so I didn't feel like I was bouncing like crazy or would take out an eye on the elliptical. At my heaviest, I was around a 40 F. It's hard to say exactly because I was squeezing myself into smaller sizes.

Now, I'm in a 34DD- almost D. I won't get a lift because I scar hypertrophically, but I'm happy with the way they look in a bra/bikini top. I never had the wire problem. My port is way down on the right side, where low rise pants sit.

I understand the other short poster re: wire into the pits. My advice is to stay away from balconette's, try demi, or a professional fitter.

I'm like you I wish I could move some from my belly to my boobs, although I have found since I have lost some weight and bought a better bra that is still comfortable my boobs look better. It may also be because I am wearing more fitted clothes thanks to friends and replies from here.

I won't get a lift because I scar hypertrophically...

OK I looked up hypertrophically in the dictionary and still don't know what that means! It is like a keloid?

keloid = an abnormal proliferation of scar tissue, as on the site of a surgical incision

SNT - I believe you are correct...

I have the same condition - if I get a scrape, it often doesn't keloid, but incisions will. My abdominal surgery about a year ago left me with a vertical scar that has since hypertrophied (keloid). It is raised and puffy - and some areas are hard.:thumbup:

I hate my keloids...I've gotten some scar gel to try and work on them and we'll see what happens. That's why I don't want a bypass - I'm really anti-surgery for me at this point... :smile2:

Well I'm wondering how much mine will go down... 100 lbs ago I was a 34DD so...lol I'm now a 40DDD and was close to going up a size lol. I have to wear a wire bra....and about 2 weeks ago...my boob snapped one of my underwires in half...lol I don't even know how lol

BlackCherry - don't take this the wrong way, but I'm sitting here laughing at the idea of 'snapping an underwire in half'! Dag, girl - what are you doing? :girl_hug::lol::girl_hug::lol:

I hope I DON'T lose much in cup size - I don't care if the band size goes down...the place I order my bras - Bravissimo - has bigger cup bras in a band size 28! :sad: I don't think I'll EVER get that tiny, but if I did, it's nice to know SOMEONE makes a bra for that size back.

I guess I'll have to take the wait-and-see approach...I'm hoping a rigorous exercise schedule and lots of pec work will help push the 'girls' up and keep them up! :rolleyes2:

BlackCherry - don't take this the wrong way, but I'm sitting here laughing at the idea of 'snapping an underwire in half'! Dag, girl - what are you doing? :cry_smile:

Ebony - you hush! Even when I was an 8, I would/could snap an underwire, tyvm!!! I snapped one last week and was bitter! Those things are too pricey to snap, dangit!

And PS - I hadn't heard the word "dag" in forever!!!

:cool2: :w00t: :tt2: :) ROFLMBO! (Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Bra Off in this case)

Okay SNT - you're right... :lol:

Maybe it's because I get those industrial-strength underwires that are really made of metal - I can't snap those things unless I'm in sub-zero temperatures :cry_smile:

Now those new-fangled plastic / poly / "soft" underwires - I bet I could snap those in a New York minute!

I know I'm showing my age with the 'dag' comment - guess you can't hide your *ahem* maturity even if you want to! :mellow:

Yeah when I was 8 I was 34B so...lol...And I was sitting...and yes it was a metal underwire...how i do it...i don't know...

:thumbup: :smile2: :crying: :bored: ROFLMBO! (Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Bra Off in this case)

Okay SNT - you're right... :blush:

Maybe it's because I get those industrial-strength underwires that are really made of metal - I can't snap those things unless I'm in sub-zero temperatures :)

Now those new-fangled plastic / poly / "soft" underwires - I bet I could snap those in a New York minute!

I know I'm showing my age with the 'dag' comment - guess you can't hide your *ahem* maturity even if you want to! :)

Ha!! All of my F cup bras have metal underwires and I've snapped the wire in at least half of them - the other half, the underwire inevitably pokes through the fabric at either the centre or in the armpit and the wire comes out. :redface: I don't remember the last time a bra wore out because of the elastic going from age - the underwires give out on me within 6 months or so, but I can't live without underwire, the girls are just way too saggy.

the underwire inevitably pokes through the fabric at either the centre or in the armpit and the wire comes out. :smile: I don't remember the last time a bra wore out because of the elastic going from age - the underwires give out on me within 6 months or so, but I can't live without underwire, the girls are just way too saggy.

Yes indeed, I know well the 'chest piercing by underwire' phenomenon! I learned after a while that before I wore the bra, to stitch an extra padding of quilted fabric over the ends from which the wire would invariably escape...it didn't prevent it, but it did delay the inevitable!

Although I don't anticipate ever being 'wireless', I am hoping that when I get small enough, I can graduate to the lighter plastic wire rather than the industrial suit of armor wear I have to wear now!

I also have my port just between my breasts obviously under the diaphram i wear an underwire bra, but had to buy some new ones, that were shapped a little differently than the ones i had, it was painful for about the first 2 weeks, but now i dont even notice, dont stress out, you will be fine. good luck.

I bow to your obvious superiority and physical attributes LOL

I'm looking forward to trading in some of my older 'wired' bras - I do love the support the underwire gives, because non-wired bras (though I do wear them on the weekends) just don't give me the support I feel I need.

I've always hated the 'boobs drop to the waist' look, so I wear really good bras - the one thing in my wardrobe I WON'T skimp on...I do get them on sale occasionally, but bargain bras just don't work.

In a way, I'd like to see a LITTLE reduction in size, just because I think they'll be easier to hold up (and easier on the budget!) but not too much...:smile:

Keep posting those stories, ladies - they are inspirational and laugh-inspiring all at the same time!:wink_smile: