Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies with large chests...

I will gladly pass my ginormous jugs on to you when I am finished nursing this tot. There is a little flower tattoo on the left one, but other then that, they are in good used condition.

I am really uncomfortable in my bras now. It really isn't about where the port is, but where one of the punctures is - right at my bra underwire. I'm a DD and had surgery on April 28th.

well i know i'll need a lift, but dont want to get implants...after all these yrs with large breasts ...i think i can deal with small boobs....had a breast reduction at age 20 and they grew back....lol

had a breast reduction at age 20 and they grew back....lol

:blush: I had NO IDEA that could happen!

oh yea gaining weight made them grow...but they arent as large as they were before my breast reduction

My band size shrunk, but my cup size has not.

I have always had an issue with underwire bras---My breasts are not excessively saggy even now, but it is because they are big around-------not long, if that makes any sense, the underwire was always too narrow in even a DD cup to fit the circumference of my breast. With weight loss, I can now wear them, but they literally reshape me. With the weight loss, I now have some extra skin, so that is possible without being painful, thank goodness!!

As for my port, it has never been a real issue with the bra band, or now the underwire even.

It does sound as though possible this surgeon does place them higher, so you might visit with him over port placement options, and explain to him, that you do not want to have it high.....might help!

Kat

Ladies, whatever your losing, I will gladly take. I think I hit puberty and then everything stopped. I have wanted a boob job, longer than I have wanted weight loss surgery. I hoping that with my weight loss, I can get a breast augmentation in a year or so and have it be mostly paid for as a result of my weight loss. I understand your problems though, alot of my friends are very busty and are always complaining. They think I'm a nut that I "want there problems.":lol:

My cousin used to say that too until she got preggers. She soon realized that having a bigger bust was a pain!

I had surgery May 22 and I couldn't wear a bra for about a week. My port is right in the middle of my chest between my breast, right where the bra goes across. But since my incisions have healed, I have no problem with underwire.

Thank you all so much for your responses. I'm having my surgery on July 2nd (less than two weeks and I'm so scared!) and have this on the list of questions to ask my surgeon on Thursday. I'm hoping he can be slightly flexible with the placement. If this is TMI I apologize, but I'm only 24 and since day 1 I've had VERY large saggy breasts (F cup). I'm so worried about the bra thing because there is NO way I could go without a bra in public. I can honestly say the sag to about 3 inches from my belly button. It's so embarrassing, especially for being so young, but if the good Lord can help me through this surgery, hopefully I'll get approved for a breast reduction! YAY!

LOL that's if I can handle this surgery first. :ohmy:

I'm an f/g and shrinking more around than cup size but I am sure that will go down as well. I NEVER wear underwires anymore. Haven't in years. Tired of the hardness and the metal breaking through. You can get just as good fit and lift and as good or softer shape without the wire. I thought it wasn't true, but I really like them better.

I don't think you should wait until babies to fix your breasts. First, you never know exactly when you'll have those babies, and two, don't wait for your life- you can always redo them if needed and you may not need it.

My concern is the insurance approval. There's no doubt that they'd cover it now and my Dr.'s already said so. BUT... will they do it a second time if those babies come back after babies?? LOL Have any of you ever seen someone be approved for more than one breast reduction?

I went from a DD to D in March, just about 3 months after surgery, but since then have maintained the D cup. I am down 54 pounds, and they certainly look better in the new size bra. :)

Hmm...I never had underwire problems, but my incisions were all low enough to never pose a problem.

I have always worn underwire bras, when I was a 38H (in 2001, before breast reduction), when I was a 38C (post reduction) and now at 34D. I just find them the most comfortable and supportive. That would have REALLY bugged me if my incisions had prevented me from wearing underwires!

DEFINITELY ask your surgeon about the incision placement...there really isn't any reason why you should require incisions that high.

As for BR, when you have gotten to or near goal weight, you should go see a PS for a consult. (Actually, see a few. It's better than having regrets later.) They can tell you if you ought to wait until after having children to have the reduction. It seems most surgeons don't recommend waiting unless you are planning on children very soon, or are really intent upon breast feeding (it's possible, but not as likely, and it can affect the cosmetic result of your surgery). Other than those things, I would say don't wait any longer than you have to--life is so much better after the surgery!! And at your size, you shouldn't have any trouble being approved by insurance for breast reduction. I don't know about a redo, but your reduction will very likely be covered.

Good luck with your upcoming banding!

hi all

I have never been able to wear underwire bra. not enough suport for me...48H cup.. my port is just under left boob and was sore and uncomfortable for first 2 weeks now lost weight mostly of the boobs phew!! didnt think they would ever go down it runs in the family.

I did tell the surgen i was worried about weight of boobs on the port but didnt take any notice of me.

anyway they getting smaller thats the main thing..

bums gone (nearly)

boobs going:thumbup:

belly has a long way to go!!!:thumbup: hence my name lol

take care Ann x

I feel your pain... well, some of it. I tend to like underwire because it seems to give me more lift. Thanks so much for all of your replies.

I've often wondered whether or not I would want to breast feed once I have a baby. I fear I'll suffocate the poor child! My boobs have gone down a little since losing pre-op. I've gone down 35 lbs and may have to get a new bra here shortly. But... when I say they're going down, it mean in size and literally - DOWN south! LOL

I'm hoping that my surgeon, although a man, will sympathize a little. His nurse has be an A cup so we'll see how far I can get with explaining to them the importance of placement. My surgeon has been banded himself and although the bra thing is not a problem, I'm sure he can relate to some changes he's had to make. I love you all and thank you so much for your support! Please keep me updated on all of your progress! :thumbup: