Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Mom is in the hospital! SIGH!!!

Penni, I hope your mother is going to be OK. I'm certain she's glad you are so close by. I imagine it's hard to have to apply your professional knowledge to someone you love.

Penni -

Sending healing thoughts and wishes out to your Mom. She's so lucky to have you there, particularly with your medical knowledge.

Hang in there!

(((HUGS)))

Mom's ct scan showed only the diverticulitis irritation. So she is being treated with antibiotics for that. She seemed much better today. She had more color in her face and was much more animated. She was able to eat some turkey and dressing for lunch. She has taken her pills and has kept them down. Her kidneys and bowels are working fine. They had to change her IV today. Thank God the reglan worked.

She won't be released till Saturday. The doctor wants to give her more fluids and two more days of IV antibiotics. So I am planning on going back to see her tomorrow as well. I will be making that trip back and forth for the next three days for sure. I just want to collapse right now.

I will keep you updated.

Penni- that is great news about your mom. I'm so glad it is something that can be diagnosed and treated. She sounds like she's on the mend. I'm very relieved and happy for you both.

Megan

How lucky she is to have a daughter as a nurse!

Big hugs to you and your mom... God bless!

Oh, Penni, I know how hard it is to have our moms be sick. Poor girl, poor mom. :)

Healing thoughts to her from me, and strength and good rest vibes to you. Hang in there, lady, you're doing the best for her!!

Oh Penni, I'm sure sorry your mom is sick right now. I'm sending lots of healing whitelight your way! (((((((Penni)))))

Penni,

I hope your mom is feeling better. My mom had the same problem and was sick for some time before they finally got the right prognosis. She will be ok and soon as she starts responding to the right meds. Take care.

I spoke to Mom on the phone this morning. She has managed to eat and keep down 2/3 bowl not cup of oatmeal. HOORAY!! She has already gotten up and taken her shower and put on her pants. She is keeping the gown on for now. Her voice did seem shaky which concerns me but it could be the medication causing some of that. She was shaky all day long yesterday. She was off some of her blood pressure medication for 36 hours cause of her nausea but they started her back on them yesterday. The toprol (sp?) was one that she said makes her shake if she doesn't take it. Gotta go look that one up.

I woke up with a Migraine and won't be going to see her today unless I start feeling better. Just wanted to check in with you guys first.

I had a break down last night thinking about her and what I would do if something happened to her. I was a mess. I prayed about it and I found some peace.

I didn't tell you guys this but Mom told me that when she took that Stadol that caused the reaction she said she went into the Pearly gates of heaven and felt God's presence. Then she felt someone telling her it wasn't her time yet and to go back. I believe this 100% my mom is very spiritual and would not fib about this. She laughed and said, "Well I can take that two ways. Either God has more for me to do or I wasn't supposed to be in heaven." LOL!!! I just love that I get my sense of humor from her and from her mother god rest her soul.

Thanks guys for all your prayers and healing thoughts and such. It is much appreciated.

MORE later

Sweetheart, Thanks for the update.

Take care of yourself as well.

When Billy gets uptight, on edge and sort of shaky I hear him say "I forgot/need to take my meds". He take toprol.

Penni, I am soooooo glad your mom is doing better. I have been blessed with 2 fairly healthy parents yet (75 and 78) but when they have need serious medical care its gets scarey. Hope your mom is totally better soon and back home, and you can relax again.

:):D :D :D :banana :banana :banana :banana Hooray Mom went home today from the hospital. They gave her antibiotics to take while at home. She sounded really good on the phone. I plan on going to see her on Sunday for the day. I am so thankful for her she is my inspiration and my support and simple the most wonderful woman I know. I get my strength from her and my intelligence. She inspires me to be a better person. She is my heart.

Penni, I'm so glad your mom is doing so much better. She sounds like a remarkable person. What's that old saying....the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. You take after your mom I guess.

I hope you get some much needed rest and your headache has gone away.

Penni,

This is great news! I'm so glad they were able to get her back on the right track! I know it's terrifying to think what we'd do without our mother. Mine is coming to that age as well... it's scary. Hopefully, this will fix her up for a long time. :)