Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Mom is in the hospital! SIGH!!!

:D :D :D :D :banana :banana :banana :banana Hooray Mom went home today from the hospital. They gave her antibiotics to take while at home. She sounded really good on the phone. I plan on going to see her on Sunday for the day. I am so thankful for her she is my inspiration and my support and simple the most wonderful woman I know. I get my strength from her and my intelligence. She inspires me to be a better person. She is my heart.

I am so happy to hear this great news!

On a side note...

I live only a mile from my parents.... and even though we talk daily, we only see each other maybe *twice* a week. I feel the same way about my mom as you do yours (especially the sense of humor part).

Youve just inspired me to do something special for her - and to make sure I verbally tell her how much I love her more often! Thanks Penni! Thank you fom the bottom of my heart. :)

Wonderful news, Penni! I hope your mom continues to get better.

Penni - Sorry to hear your Mom was sick, but glad to hear she is doing much better. I have been out of town and just saw this thread, so I am sorry for the late response to it.

Penni,

I hope your mom is doing better soon! I know that Stadol can cause significant nausea and vomiting. If was given to me while in labor and I got so nauseated that I had to be given IV Zofran. Stadol caused me to feel like the room was spinning and when you feel like that throwing up is the next step. I hope that all this resolves for her very soon!

Wow, what a saga! So glad to hear she's on the mend Penni. And don't forget to take care of you, too. Blessings to you and your dear mother!

You guys are just the best. I just got back from visiting Mom at home. She ate a half a subway sandwich and didn't get sick NOT ONCE. That is a HUGE accomplishment for her. I didn't realize how much weight she had lost till I saw her get up and walk across the room. She is very thin but not too thin. I am so thankful that she is eating now. I was so concerned about this.

My stepfather, Keith, who has been my dad since I was 10 is sick wiht the crud now. LOL!! He is a trooper though. He struggles along with it till he can't anymore then he goes to see a doctor. He didnt' want to give it to me so he didn't hug me. I miss those bear hugs. LOL!! He is doing fine just feeling like crap. His appetite is great. LOL!!

UPDATE: Took Mom to see her doctor for a check up after her hospital stay. Her stomach issues and the diverticulitis is in remission for now. We all know it can flare up again but we can deal with it if it does. But for now she is in no pain from that. Her blood pressure is doing great. I took it while we were in the doctor's office and it was GREAT. The only thing bothering her now is her sciatica. GRRRRRRRRRR!!! She had to get a muscle relaxor prescription. They gave her a shot of Tordol while we were there. She also has not been sleeping lately. So they gave her a prescription for Ambien as well.

I took her home then I went and filled the prescriptions for her. I asked the pharmacist if she had a bill there. She did. So I paid that bill and paid for the muscle relaxor and the Ambien as well. I felt it was my duty as her daughter to pay her bill. I also told them to call me if she has another bill run up like that.

The other day I took her to get her hair done. She goes once a week. She has in the past not gone because she couldn't afford it. SIGH!! So I pulled aside her hair dresser and told her I want to pay for a full year's worth of hair appts. The hair dresser owns the place and I have known her for over 20 years. So, $1000 later Mom can get three perms and all the hair appts she needs for a full year. It felt good to be able to do that for her.

I called Mom yesterday and she is still in some pain but the Flexeril, muscle relaxor, is helping. The ambien is helping her sleep as well. She said she hasn't had that good a night's sleep in ages.

Thank you all so much for your concern and prayers.

HUGS

What a nice thing to be able to do for your mom. My mom still pays for a lot of lunch dates and such but I know that when the time comes and I am able to I will do the same that you do. What a good girl you are!

(((Penni))) gosh girl! You are awesome! She's the only mom you'll ever have... so do what you can for her - you'll NEVER regret it!!! God bless you :D

I was scrolling through the threads lastnight and thought about you and your mom - wondered how everything was going.... SO glad you updated us!

How awesome of you. That right there shows what kind of a wonderful heart you have. If we had the money I'd do the same for my mother too. (Maybe one day it will happen.)

As silly as it sounds, I look forward to the day when I can bless my mama in the same way that she has blessed me. There's nothing quite like the love of a mother. I get teary eyed just thinking about it.

Great News Penni!

Glad your mom is home and on the mend!

You are a very good heart Penni!

I hope my daughter is as good to me in the years to come as you have been to your mother :D

Wow Pinni. I only hope my little girl will turn out to be as sweet and kind of a person as u r. One in a few. She really raised u right!

Doesn't it feel just Great to be able to just make things happen for those we love? Especially our moms. Im so proud of you, and I know she is too.

Got a phone call from Mom saying she had to go to the ER on Sunday for the pain in her leg. It is either sciatica or something going on with her hip. Not sure yet. They did an MRI today and we won't know the results from that till tomorrow hopefully. I am most likely gonna delay leaving for Atlanta till around noon. If I don't hear from Mom about any results till then I will call her and see what they found. If she still doesn't know anything then I will go ahead and head to Atlanta knowing I might have to come back. SIGH!!!

I am emotionally exhausted right now. I can't take much more. I am on the verge of a HUGE depression episode. Haven't been like this in ages. SIGH!!

HUGS