Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scar Stages Share yours!

I disobeyed my doctor a little bit. I was told to leave the steri-strips on until they fell off. I just couldn't stand it anymore and I pulled them off a few days ago. I've mostly managed to get all the adhesive residue off now. The mark that I've circled in green isn't a surgery scar. That was me, trying to hard to get the adhesive off. I've been putting a little polysporin on my scars at night. The worst scar is actually the one to the left of the port. It is the tiniest bit red and raised. Sorry for the quality of the pictures. I have a problem with blurriness.

Scars2weeks.jpg

Here are my scar photos. The first one is from Tuesday, August 22nd and the second one is from today, Friday, August 25th (reversed from mirror reflection). I had my surgery at the OCC with Dr. Ortiz on Monday, August 21, 2006.

PatU

post-209239-13813134001335_thumb.jpg

post-209239-1381313400294_thumb.jpg

You need to try these:

http://www.curadusa.com/products/product_info.asp?SubCategoryId=2&ProductCatId=35

My daughter (2 y/o at the time) had open heart surgery, and while she's 100% now, we were concerned about the scar she'd have. We used these pads (by another manufacturer, but should be the same), and they worked great! Reusable, too-- just rinse, air dry, and reuse.

The scar has faded so well that you really can't notice. If you have red scars, or keloid scars, this works fantastically.

why do everyone have 5 incisions i only have 3 straight across 5 fingers apart from one another 4 fingers high above my belly button. does eveyone have 5 ? just wondering, Jenna your scars look great ! Im not conplaining just wondering !!!!! :omg:

why do everyone have 5 incisions i only have 3 straight across 5 fingers apart from one another 4 fingers high above my belly button. does eveyone have 5 ? just wondering, Jenna your scars look great ! Im not conplaining just wondering !!!!! :omg:

5 incisions here.

Hey TheQueen,

I had glue too. Actually, I loved it. It was so much better than having to have stitches taken out. I am surprised you still have the glue after two weeks. Mine was gone by the end of the first week.

Hey TheQueen,

I had glue too. Actually, I loved it. It was so much better than having to have stitches taken out. I am surprised you still have the glue after two weeks. Mine was gone by the end of the first week.

I'VE BEEN EVEN "HELPING" THE GLUE DISAPPEAR. :)

ok, I have more than one but I took the steri strip off of only one of them ... I couldn't wait any longer. This pic is about 5 days post op. I am now 1 week post op and have my appt in the morning. Hopefully he'll take the rest off. My stomach is so grossly large that I'm embarrassed to post the picture, but here it is, be gentle. :)

have never posted pictures before so I hope this works.

Lett

post-209519-13813134054283_thumb.jpg

post-209519-13813134055002_thumb.jpg

Thanks Laura,

Thats just how it looked about 5 days post op. Since then I have been putting Vitamin e on it. it's a little puffy to the touch. I have a tendency to keloid...goodness, I hope these things don't.

I have a C-section scar that had keloided at one point to the thickness of a pencil...over the years it has smoothed itself out very nicely. Wishful thinking, but I'm hoping these scars will heal the same.

Lett

Princess, looking great in RED, but watch out lawdies cause when I figure out how to post my picks all will be so jealous of my sexy stuff from fredericks that I got last week when I hit 30 lbs.

hehe

I was very lucky Dr. Abkin used 2 old scars from my Gall Bladder operation and a herina repair, so I only have 2 new ones but the one above my button on my jeans still bugs me.

Keep up the excellent work.

Rita-Ann