Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scar Stages Share yours!

These are fantastic guys...please keep them coming!

(and please let us know if you used any scar care products or not)

:biggrin1: I can't wait to show you all my shame! (a.k.a. belly)

mvc041f7qz.jpg

Thought I'd take a new photo. It's been almost 2 years now but My scars still swell during my "TOM" like in this photo otherwise they lay pretty flat.

This is tooo funny…<o:p></o:p>

I LOVE my skin care products! (Dermalogica!) I really think using those products on my sutures have helped them heel very quickly and comfortably! While inspecting them, I thought about how I have always loved doing dot to dots! A lot of people talk about their scars being like a dot to dot! So I drew the scars from my gall bladder surgery in November and my new (3 week old) lap band scars on a piece of paper I tried two different directions and came up with this! Cool, huh?!?

I don't know how to get my picture in an http:// format so have added it as an attachment?!?

<o:p></o:p>

post-208558-13813133665926_thumb.jpg

I would just like to encourage people to post more pictures of their scars at any stage because it does help us newbies with all the unknown we face. I will be posting my scars proudly as soon as i get home after my surgery.

Awesome Housecatgirl, you got the skin tape and glue. That's going to heal up nicely. Smart doctor.

okay now to post my scars. :biggrin1:

this pictures are my scars 1 day post op. so they are really fresh.

i hope this is helps someone with what to expect.

post-208746-13813133724815_thumb.jpg

yeah housecatgirl. it stayed in for about 3 days then i took it out. I think it helped alot now that it has completely worn off.

The doctors called it a numb ball.

I have been meaning to post this for a while. I am 2 months out now, but here I am couple of days post op. I am glad my doctor used skin glue and liquid bangage of some sort. They are healing nicely.surgery.jpg

Wow...thanks for sharing your pics...My surgery is tommorow and you have eased my mind BIGTIME. I'm so happy to see everyone is so happy with thier band. I am so sick of obsessing about food and my diet has to be small because I have proctitis. If I eat too much...I create inflammation. Does anyone else have problems with colitits or any other bowel disease?

I don't have update pics, but a verbal update. In my scar pics, especially the band/port scar, there's a small amunt of keloiding. Not out of control, but definitely not flat like the others. Since taking those pics, the left third of the keloid went down. A few weeks later I looked down one day and noticed that the right third of the keloid had gone down too. Now it's weird - I have a "normal" scar, with just the middle third of it raised up. My fingers are crossed that this, too, goes down some day. :)