Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scar Stages Share yours!

I'm just over 3 weeks postop. Hopefully these will get much better over time. post-207373-1381313455484_thumb.jpg post-207373-13813134579068_thumb.jpg post-207373-13813134579278_thumb.jpg

post-345633-13813140676969_thumb.jpg

post-345633-1381314067727_thumb.jpg

post-345633-138131406776_thumb.jpg

I am 7 weeks post op. My scars itch like crazy. My port is crooked, but the doc said it will staighten itself out. It is causing a big bruised spot on my stomach and hurts. When I asked how long the scars would stay red and itchy, my doc just shrugged and said they are on the mend. Yesterday, I pulled two 1 inch long strings out of one of my incision points. They came out all full of puss and blood. I squeezed the spot until the blood was clear, then put some Hydrocortisone cream on it. It now feels MUCH better. I am going to mention this to my doc next next week. I don't think the disolvable stiches are disolving as intended! :huh: But ever the optomist, I will give them some time! Hopefully I will be one of those folks that hardly even see them in a few months!

I am 7 weeks post op. My scars itch like crazy. My port is crooked, but the doc said it will staighten itself out. It is causing a big bruised spot on my stomach and hurts. When I asked how long the scars would stay red and itchy, my doc just shrugged and said they are on the mend. Yesterday, I pulled two 1 inch long strings out of one of my incision points. They came out all full of puss and blood. I squeezed the spot until the blood was clear, then put some Hydrocortisone cream on it. It now feels MUCH better. I am going to mention this to my doc next next week. I don't think the disolvable stiches are disolving as intended! :huh: But ever the optomist, I will give them some time! Hopefully I will be one of those folks that hardly even see them in a few months!

My partner had "strings" sticking out of her port scar right after surgery. The surgeon said the make up of some people's body doesn't interact well and the sutures don't disolve. He snipped them in the office. Don't pull them!!

Here is princess_n_thep

12dayspostopscarlapband9ts.jpg

"Here is Princess_n_Thep remarks on this picture"

princess_n_thep:

THESE PICTURES ARE 12 DAYS POST OP!

Both pictures show the very minmal scars/incisions. The bruising I had was very minimal. The brown/yellow rings you see around the actual incisions is NOT bruising but is the leftover "superglue" still. I take a shower EVERY day and wash them but they are slow to come off. From what I gather, they "glue" the incisions, let that dry, then put a "coating of glue" over and around the incisions again. The scab had just fallen off on the top incision so it is a little pink, my bra had scuffed it off. The only real bruising i got was the one top of the belly button. The one that was the most sore was the longer port incision.

I am VERY happy with the size of them and the expertise in the cut! I know that I am a fast healer but I expect that I would be hard pressed to find the smaller ones in 6 months. I will just keep posting updates on this thread as I go along. I plan to take another picture at 6-8 weeks post op, another at 6 mo, then another at a year.

ENJOY MY BELLY!!!!!!!!

princess_n_thep

I would love to see your pictures, but my laptop won't let me view it.

post-211109-13813134647464_thumb.jpg

post-211109-13813134647664_thumb.jpg

The first is obviously right after surgery. The 2nd is 8 months after. There are tiny marks but nothing major.

post-336403-13813140889833_thumb.jpg

post-336403-1381314089045_thumb.jpg

Wow April!!