Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scar Stages Share yours!

Here's mine. Sorry about the open pants, wasn't sure if you were going to see that little one if they were closed. Big one is my port all the rest are just little ones for the tools!

IMAG0047.jpg

I'm over two years post op, and unfortunately I have the luck of not scarring very good. Mine have turned into keloids/hypertrophic? I'm not sure I'm even using the right words...from what I've read aftrican americans are more prone to this...(i'm white). I asked the fill nurse if she thought a scar revision would help, but she said if I'm prone to this, it could easily just happen again...so it seems I'm stuck with a puffy red scar forever. Blech!

I'm over two years post op, and unfortunately I have the luck of not scarring very good. Mine have turned into keloids/hypertrophic? I'm not sure I'm even using the right words...from what I've read aftrican americans are more prone to this...(i'm white). I asked the fill nurse if she thought a scar revision would help, but she said if I'm prone to this, it could easily just happen again...so it seems I'm stuck with a puffy red scar forever. Blech!

I am in the same predicament as you. But I am African American so this was expected. My surgeon said I could have cortisone injections into the scars to flatten them but i have had injections in my neck which hurt like hell so I am in no rush to get more.

i am 2 years out and you need a magnifiying glass to see my scars. but @ 1 year they were still quite bright, so something must happen in the second year. now my problem is that my port is sticking out when i wear my work out clothes ( after losing all the weight its like this big thing in my stomach) geez it's always somethin with me ;) but I cannot recommend lapband enough. it has cured my binge eating and changed my life. Ide ratherr die than have it removed.

I am in the same predicament as you. But I am African American so this was expected. My surgeon said I could have cortisone injections into the scars to flatten them but i have had injections in my neck which hurt like hell so I am in no rush to get more.

At two years mine are not visible unless you are really inspecting for them! You can use a retin cream like for the face to cause the skin to turn over faster just like for a wrinkle. These can be obtained from Canada and Mexico on the internet to save the big bucks of a dermatologist and an American prescription...or so I've heard!

I'm 5 days post op and have first drs visit tomorrow. The one scar is kind of worrisome - seems like hard scar tissue is forming. Is this permanent? Anyone have any scar success stories? Thanks and good luck!!

O my god this thread is hilarious! Now I don't feel so silly taking pictures of my own incisions 2 days post op! I will post mine too once I down load them off my phone :-)

I've had nothing but issues with my incisions since my surgery two weeks ago. Now I have to pack one of them every day. I hope they heal soon.

I have a question. Has anyone ever experienced a raised rash around their incision sites 4 weeks post op? I was healing quite nicely then I developed a nice rash like thing around two of the incisions and now my abdomen itches like crazy and all the incisions are surrounded with a rash. This is not an infection the surgeon said it is contact dermatitis but from what? The glue has been gone fore weeks?

I'm a little too lazy to ready through 28 pages of posts so this may have been asked but why are there five or more incisions? I figured one for the band and another to secure the port and perhaps a drain but five?

I'm a little too lazy to ready through 28 pages of posts so this may have been asked but why are there five or more incisions? I figured one for the band and another to secure the port and perhaps a drain but five?

I was banded on 12/15/11. I had 6 incisions. I'm not sure what they all are for, but I know a couple. One is for the liver retractor tool, one is for the port, one for the camera, and I'd assume one is for the band insertion. Not sure what the others are for.

I am almost 1 month post op, single incision surgery through the belly button. I'm very happy with how it turned out, even if my belly button isn't as perfectly round as it used to be.

gallery_324601_9044_13578.jpg

I am 17 months out.... you'd never know I had surgery of any kind.... and its been like that since about 6 months.... no scars at all. :)

5 days post-op

post-203959-13813134110004_thumb.jpg post-206631-13813134110262_thumb.jpg

post-206631-13813134110484_thumb.jpg post-205022-13813134113182_thumb.jpg

post-204441-13813134110768_thumb.jpg

weight.png

post-330546-13813139979456_thumb.jpg

post-330546-13813139980257_thumb.jpg

post-330546-13813139981056_thumb.jpg

post-330546-13813139981849_thumb.jpg

post-330546-13813139982651_thumb.jpg