Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scar Stages Share yours!

Exactly! Other countries do it as preventative, but I did have to document years of yo yo dieting, 21 years to be exact. I also have weighed 240 a few times and was on my way back up. The reason it looks like I have such a small waist and stomach, is because I had a tummy tuck/lipo done a coupld of years ago. The only problem with that, is the fat doesn't come back there, it was redistributed to my hips, thighs and butt!!!!!

My butt was becoming a shelf!!! HEHE

Dr. Ortiz takes alot into consideration. He doesn't just band anyone. Like babygotback said, you have to have been a yo-yo dieter and tried to control your weight on your own. He also asked me about my family history which is overweight with comorbilities...it was only a matter of time before I was headed in that direction, too.

Yeah, I forgot about those. In my family, people have diabetes, heat diesese, my grandfather died of heart attack at 50, obesity, high blood pressure. This is also the lowest I have weighed, but had to struggle to stay at 190. I don't look what I weigh (at least I have been told). I was also stretching my arms up that made me look thinner.

Girls I know that Europe has been doing it for longer time, but I actually am in Europe/Czech republic and my doc was the one who inveted the laparoscopic inserting of the band, before they would cut you open.

I have never heard that they would give you the band if you didnt have BMI 35 or over.And if I was BMI 31 I probably wouldnt do it. You look so pretty and the band is not without complications, I had to go to hospital one time and must be soooo careful with food or I slime and PB. And even I feel like the biggest part is still up to me, because truly said even with the band I can eat a horse not being sick, but I controll my portions.

I hope that I didnt offend you or anything, maybe I cant express myself that well in English. I wish you the best and hope that you wont have any complications and you are going to be successful!!!

Girls I know that Europe has been doing it for longer time, but I actually am in Europe/Czech republic and my doc was the one who inveted the laparoscopic inserting of the band, before they would cut you open.

I have never heard that they would give you the band if you didnt have BMI 35 or over.And if I was BMI 31 I probably wouldnt do it. You look so pretty and the band is not without complications, I had to go to hospital one time and must be soooo careful with food or I slime and PB. And even I feel like the biggest part is still up to me, because truly said even with the band I can eat a horse not being sick, but I controll my portions.

I hope that I didnt offend you or anything, maybe I cant express myself that well in English. I wish you the best and hope that you wont have any complications and you are going to be successful!!!

No problem! I am not offended!:biggrin1: It is okay to ask questions. I did it also because I was on another binge and was probably going to go back up in the 200's if I didn't catch it with the band. My doctor, Dr. Ortiz was trained by your doctor!!!

I am feeling great!

wow- this helps SO much, thanks to those who shared. i get banded on 1/31 and will be sure to take and post pictures. you look AWESOME!

377152145_f30823c6aa.jpg

Just ignore the lone nipple.

Healing pretty well. No more pain (this being the 6th week, actually) finally.

I think it's funny that I saw some one else earlier from Dr. Benavides' office and saw the steri-strips and thought "Hah - I've see nthose steri-strips before" and lo and behold, the person went to Dr. B's for surgery.

hiya i got banded i week ago 2 day has any 1 else got there port right under there bra line in the centre of there chest xx sammy ps iv lost 1st7lb so far xxx sammy xx

My steristips came off today - and I am horrified! The port incision is about 2 inches long - and oh so ugly. The other three - aren't as bad, really nothing more than scratches. I'll try to post soon.

Any advice on this type of scarring?

Sherilynn - I was horified too when I saw the port incision, however, it has gotten smaller now. I've also been putting Vitamin E oil on it about 3 times a day.

I bought an ointment specifically for scars. Seems it should be a bit more healed before I try it.

I just took 1-year post-op scar pics & honestly couldn't find my 3rd scar. I "found" it based on moles. (At least I think that's it, heh.)

janetscars.jpg