Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What a great thread!!!

I have to chime in:

Footloose, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (the movie)

Depeche Mode, The Cure, U2, OMD,

My first concert was Wired, Thomas Dolby (She Blinded Me with Science), OMD (If you Leave), and Depeche Mode- The Rose Bowl, Pasadena, CA June 1988!!!!

Does anyone remember Queensryche or Motorhead?

What a great thread!!!

I have to chime in:

Footloose, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (the movie)

Those are 2 of my favorite movies!

Also, Dirty Dancing, Ferris Buellers Day Off, Goonies, Top Gun, Adventures in Babysitting (one of my favs), Gremlins, Flash Dance, Mannequin, Teen Wolf, Big, E.T.

I love 80's movies, that was a classic time.........ahhh, the good ole days.

Oh, and The Princess Bride, I love that movie!

I like all the Molly Ringwald movies too!

Oh, yeah, Footloose! I had a major crush on Kevin Bacon.

I never could stand NKOTB. I was more of a headbanger.

TOP GUN, anyone? We went around saying that we had the need, the need...for SPEED for MONTHS. And the vollyeball scene on the beach? *drool*

Those are 2 of my favorite movies!

Also, Dirty Dancing, Ferris Buellers Day Off, Goonies, Top Gun, Adventures in Babysitting (one of my favs), Gremlins, Flash Dance, Mannequin, Teen Wolf, Big, E.T.

I love 80's movies, that was a classic time.........ahhh, the good ole days.

Oh, and The Princess Bride, I love that movie!

I like all the Molly Ringwald movies too!

Ummm... I have most of those movies on DVD. :rolleyes:

My first two concerts (I can't remember which came first) were Echo & the Bunnymen and Sha-Na-Na.

My third when I was about 13 was going to see John Kay & Steppenwolf with my parents at the Del Mar Fair.

My first concert without parents was the Motley Crue "Dr. Feelgood" tour. :rolleyes:

I still, to this day, regularly listen to Tears for Fears, Duran Duran, The Cure, Joy Division, Echo & the Bunnymen, Bad English, Culture Club, Eurythmics, U2, etc.

I'd have to look up songs I remember to see when they came out, but most of them I was listenting to in grade school, and I was a year ahead in school. Some of teh stuff you guys are talking about I barely remember, some of it is very clear. I'm on that weird GenX/GenY (or "millenial" if you prefer" cusp.

I was in 6th grade I think when NKOTB hit. "Please don't go girl". I was going to marry Joey McIntyre, who's now this ultra conservative Christian singer. Guess we weren't such a great match afterall!

I see a lot of the 80s fashion out there now and it kills me because I hated it the first time around. The thick tights under skirts, or tights with a long shirt -- matching your nail polish to your clothes, etc. I saw some young kids wearing the massive hair bows a few weeks ago, and a few kids with them had the "flock of seagulls" asymmetrical cut.

Ok, random things I remember. Hopefully I'm not the only one. Not saying they originated in the 80s, just that I remember them from then.

Monchichis

Jem

The Water pinball games, forget what they're actually called, where you pushed the button over and over trying to "puff" your balls into a net, or get your rings on a stick, etc.

Denim jackets, preferrably with as many buttons as you could fit.

Using weird things like plastic coils as belts.

Wearing mom's dress shirts belted, like that made it a dress, with my Madonna style booties.

Sea-Wees (man how I loved these in the bath or pool)

My Little Pony, Rainbow Bright, Carebears (all of which are retro now, boohoo). I learned how to braid from reading the back of the MLP box and practicing on their tails.

Teddy Ruxpin

Cabbage patch Kids!

Atari

Malibu Musk and Love's Baby Soft. God, did anyone NOT wear Love's?

Guess jeans. The size-smaller-than-you-really-wear, terribly bad fitting, overpriced jeans you HAD to have.

Jeans with some generic leg embellishment, e.g. the size zipper, or the back was cut out and held together with denin bows, or front buttons, etc.

Rememebr when fabric puff paint came out, and everyone had "customized" thirts, shoes, sweatshirts?

Colorforms, shrinky dinks...

I -layed with boy toys and had a giant collection of transformers, go-bots, Mastesr of the Universe, popoids, etc.

Pillow People, Puffalumps, Smooshies...

Aww crap I'm old.

Does anyone remember Queensryche or Motorhead?

My hubby loves Queensryche. Makes me listen anytime he has me trapped in the car. He is definitely a metal head from way back and I didn't get too much into that until the late '80's. I'll take my OMD, Hooters, etc. anyday over most of what he listens to. Not ever a fan of NKOTB though. I think they came out a little late for me. I graduated in '88.

Oh, let's not forget "Can't Buy Me Love" starring Patrick "Dr. McDreamy" Dempsey.

I can't believe I left that one off! That's another one of my favs! Patrick Dempsey looks soooo much different now! Hottie...:biggrin:

Wheets, Joey was my favorite too! It could have been because he was the youngest and the closest to my age. My sister and all her friends were in love with Jordan.

I have to get in on this one!

The 80's were so much fun to grow up in!

I got tickets for the Michael Jackson concert for my 15th b-day (the album with Billie Jean just hit) actually it was all the Jacksons.

I took my BF and we bought silver gloves - which were not sparkly enough, so we bought spray glue and glitter and hung out my bedroom window so we would not make a mess! By the end of the concert, there was a pile of glitter on the floor!!! We also wore silver socks :biggrin:

I still love to catch Rick Springfield in concert every summer!! Makes me feel 15 again!! He runs out into the crowd and we chase him!! So silly:smile2:

Alright, I'm in too!

How 'bout the Beastie Boys?? LOL License to Ill I've got my DD into that album...she knows all the songs!!

Wheetsin you totally rock!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember everything you mentioned. OMG I felt like I was in elementary and middle school:)

Guest Leslie2Lose

I think our generation was the first to really get back into Horror Movies. I guess that's why I still won't watch them. Here's a list my brother tortured me into watching that I still refuse to watch:

Halloween

Poltergeist

Cujo - scared the sh** out of me at 6!

Friday the 13th - Hello? Johnny Depp...died in the bed! What a gorgeous man!

Speaking of Johnny Depp - 21 JUMP STREET!!!

I got distracted with Johnny Depp...forgot to list more movies...Oh I LOVED Kirk Cameron - I must have seen ever episode of Growing Pains 100 times. I remember when Leonardo DiCaprio was on that show...ah the memories!

Edited by Leslie2Lose