Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I forgot The Pickup Artist. With Molly Ringwald and Robert Downy Jr.

Not only AquaNet, Did any of you use RAVE? It smelled better. I had the flower "Poof" and bad perm - lol

I used to tight-roll my jeans. I remember converse shoes and leg-warmers. There were some barretts (the gold ones with a slit in the middle) that my mom would put ribbon in for my hair.

Gingerbug - I loved my swatches as a kid...they were awesome!

Do you remember Garbage Pail Kids - the trading cards?

Did you ever play M-A-S-H?

I love this thread - brings back those childhood memories.

Oh and for 80's Bands - Loved, Loved, Loved Guns-N-Roses!

Edited by Leslie2Lose

Shhh, I STILL listen to GnR! LOL, Rave flaked in my hair so I could not use it but I was rocking my at-home perms I started getting in the 6th grade! Who all made friendship bracelets and friendship pins??

I forgot The Pickup Artist. With Molly Ringwald and Robert Downy Jr.

Not only AquaNet, Did any of you use RAVE? It smelled better. I had the flower "Poof" and bad perm - lol

I used to tight-roll my jeans. I remember converse shoes and leg-warmers. There were some barretts (the gold ones with a slit in the middle) that my mom would put ribbon in for my hair.< /p>

Gingerbug - I loved my swatches as a kid...they were awesome!

Do you remember Garbage Pail Kids - the trading cards?

Did you ever play M-A-S-H?

I love this thread - brings back those childhood memories.

Oh and for 80's Bands - Loved, Loved, Loved Guns-N-Roses!

I had an acid washed jean jacket that I pinned, and I even remember having my friends write their favorite sayings or quotes on there with their signatures. I wore that thing until it was so full of holes the sleeves were barely hanging on.

Ahhh, the days...

OH, YEAH, and I used to be able to tight roll my jeans so tight that it would leave an indention on my ankle. My friends were so jealous!

Edited by travelgirl

Guest Leslie2Lose

Ginger - As for listening to GnR, So do I! (shhh, I won't tell if you won't)!

Remember Caboodles? The pink and purple make up carrying cases?

And, did you wear differnt color scrunch socks over your tight rolled jeans?

Oh geez. You know what Caboodles makes me think of? Two things. Swatches, just because of the bi, tri, quad, quint coloring. But more importantly, and a little more obscure, Le Clic. Do you remember LeCLick, the two-tone cameras?

Oh geez. You know what Caboodles makes me think of? Two things. Swatches, just because of the bi, tri, quad, quint coloring. But more importantly, and a little more obscure, Le Clic. Do you remember LeCLick, the two-tone cameras?

I used to have a LeClick, black and HOT pink! And I still use my Caboodles make-up case. They got it right with those.

LOL I grew up with 2 sisters in the 80's. My parents got us caboodles for Christmas one year. I was always so jealous because my sisters caboodle was bigger than mine!! Do you remember selling Christmas cards door to door for prizes.

I still listen to Guns and Roses too.

I still listen to GNR too...lol....

I have Sirius Satilite radio, the channel I listen to 24/7 is the 80's channel.....

BUT Rave, man those were the days. I totally crimped my hair, like all the time. FOR SURE!

lol.....

Am I late on this thread or WHAT? lol

32. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.

The actual title of that Bon Jovi song is "You Give Love a Bad Name."

I love hair metal!

Did anyone wear their Hypercolor T-shirt along with their pinned jeans and jelly shoes??? I DID!! lol

My jelly shoes melted on the hot Texas asphalt. That was funny.

Did anyone wear their Hypercolor T-shirt along with their pinned jeans and jelly shoes??? I DID!! lol

Is it bad to admit my hyper color shirt is in the closet??? :thumbup:

My husband would love it if I would still do the big hair. :unsure: I'm like, dude...when was the last time you even saw a can of Aqua Net?? :thumbup:

My first hair band concert was GnR opening for Motley Crue. Seems like a lifetime ago. But I do still listen to both. :sad:

You guys are cracking me up!! This got my co-workers and I surfing the net for more 80's things:

1) Parachute pants

2) The mullet

3) Bangs that "wave" when you move your head!

4) Leg warmers

5) "Back to the Future"

6) Cyndi Lauper "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"

7) Mr. T

8) Converse and Reebok shoes in all colors

9) Pony tails on the side of your head (Hello Madonna wanna-be's!!)

10) finger-less gloves

11) Half-shirts with the belly hanging out

12) Day-glo bracelets

13) Who knows the "Carlton" from "Fresh Prince of Belaire"

14) The clips that we used to tie your shirt in a knot on the side

15) You know the words to "Duck Tales"

16) You wanted to be a Goonie

I was translplanted from CA to MO during high school. I think I left right as hypercolor was hitting, and it didn't make it to the midwest until it was done and gone in CA. So it was an early 90s thing for us here. I had one hypercolor tshirt. That was it. Actually never had Hammer pants, but I did the fluoroscent.

I also did the "french roll", as we called it. Tight on the ankles. I would use safety pins to hold them tight and make sure they didn't come undone on me. Then it was multiple layers of scrunch socks, yes, and then converse.

I didn't have huge hair. My hair is curly so I could never really do "the wave" thing, but I had the bangs.

I did the mirrored sunglasses that had little pictures in them, like silver mirror with purple/blue pictures. I did the gobs of jelly bracelets, where you'd link them all together going up your arm.

And then the cousin of jelly bracelets - the ones that were hollow tubing filled with glitter, colored liquid, etc. I do remember slap bracelets, but I don't remember them being banned.

On the west coast, and being less than an hour from the beach, we had regional trends like Flojos, I had them in every color... you had to have a 91X shirt, Mr. Zogg's, Jimmy'Z, etc. and the "it" look was torn jeans, hard Rock cafe shirt, blazer, and the stupid hat type that all the brat pack wore. When we moved here, it seemed branded shirts like banana Republic were the equivalent. Also popular here that I'd never heard of or seen were the "Eastland" loafers, and people would corkscrew the laces.

I can still remember trying to win Pitfall.