Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another fad that my friends and I had were the batman t-shirts...late 80's, I guess? When did Batman come out?

I remember holding the aqua net in one hand and the hair dryer in the other. I had the wave bangs on the top and the wings on the side!

What about Batdance??? LOL

I actually love Prince, but I seriously could have been okay without Batdance.

I was a very big fan of Duran Duran, a "Duranie" we were called. I was sooo in love with John Taylor and knew I was gonna marry him! lol I had posters and pics of them covering every wall of my bedroom, and was beginnng to start on the ceiling! We Duranies also wore the fedora hats and jazz shoes. I happened to see them and also Wham! in concert ... thought I'd die lol. Did you have a day-glo t-shirt, too?

Remember spray painting your hair to make colored streaks? My favorite was blue. Jordache and Gloria Vanderbildt jeans were so popular.

M.J.'s Billie Jean video ... Blondie's "Rapture" ... and the British invasion of new wave music!

The 80's were the best.

Puddin I was also a Duranie. Me and my sisters bedroom was covered with posters ...walls and ceiling..my mother just loved us lol. My favorite was Roger Taylor though. Funny thing too is that my oldest son was born on Roger Taylors birthday..how cool is that. I miss the 80's ...and it kinda shocks me that it is kinda coming back now with the kids...my son acts like Bon Jovi is like some new singer LMAO

I had to read every post and catch up. TOO FUNNY!

My 15 year old daugther thinks I am the biggest dork in the world. My DH and I might just have every single popular 80's song ever made on one CD or another. We like to turn it up loud when she starts playing her "modern" music in her room. Get's her totally fired up! So then we just dance around and sing as loud as we can. HAHA Madonna, Michael Jackson, Wham, Cyndi Lauper. I'd like to say we do it just to get her going, but we actually have fun! :huh2:

I remember riding the bus to sporting events (my good ol cheerleader days) and teasing our hair out as far as it would go. The cloud of hairspray..ugghhhh I dont know why the bus driver let us get away with it! LOL We rocked out to Twisted Sister and Quiet Riot.

I could go on and on about my high school days... oh the memories! :w00t:

I'm still a Duranie! I love John Taylor. He is still hot after all these years.

Does anyone remember Wham's album, Music From the Edge of Heaven? That is the album that has "Last Christmas" on it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that album. That was from 86 and one of my favorite years of music. There is a horrid song on there though called "Wham! Rap 86" on there.

George Michael+Rap=NOT GOOD!

All of my friends were Duranies, but there weren't enough members for all of us to have our own without doubling up and of course 2 of us couldn't like the same member!! Oh the horrors!!! So I liked Rick Springfield. All of the walls in my bedroom were covered. His was my first concert too! My husband thinks I am a total dork because he was a metal head from the 70's on. He is almost 5 years older than me.

great thread!

i, too, was a Duranie... posters everywhere - including ceiling... :lol: JT was my man ... and i got so pissed at Renee whatsherface (the model he eventually married) when they were on the cover of Details ... grrrr :):lol:

my first concert though, was the Go Gos...

my first concert though, was the Go Gos...

I love the Go Gos!

You know, my first concert was New Kids on the Block :lol:

Speaking of NKOTB, I heard they got back together and are recording a new album and planning an international tour this fall! Now that's something I never thought would happen......

I was a very big fan of Duran Duran, a "Duranie" we were called. I was sooo in love with John Taylor and knew I was gonna marry him! lol I had posters and pics of them covering every wall of my bedroom, and was beginnng to start on the ceiling! We Duranies also wore the fedora hats and jazz shoes. I happened to see them and also Wham! in concert ... thought I'd die lol. Did you have a day-glo t-shirt, too?

Remember spray painting your hair to make colored streaks? My favorite was blue. Jordache and Gloria Vanderbildt jeans were so popular.

M.J.'s Billie Jean video ... Blondie's "Rapture" ... and the British invasion of new wave music!

The 80's were the best.

Alright Puddin' and LJM, back in the day, I would have had to fight you for John -- he was my man! (he just didn't know it) :lol: My best friend loved Nick... we used to imagine what it'd be like if we double-dated with them! :)

Ok, so I couldn't get into Duran Duran becuase EVERYONE was into them - but, I thought David Lee Roth was the hottest thing ever- I had this poster of him coming out of a swimming pool...I can still picture it. I know, I know - but what does a 15 year old know about sexy - I just adored him and their music. To say the least, my tastes have changed!:wink2:

I love the Go Gos!

You know, my first concert was New Kids on the Block :wink2:

Speaking of NKOTB, I heard they got back together and are recording a new album and planning an international tour this fall! Now that's something I never thought would happen......

I so love NKOTB, however they should dtay in my adolescent mind, and try to be another act that attempts a restart and dies....lol...

I have seen them 20+times, and met them all. I was a huge blockhead.

I'm so crazy over 80s music that I have many 80s artists' CDs in my car as we speak...Van Halen 1984, Duran Duran (best of), Hall and Oats(best of), Tears for Fears (remember 'everybody wants to rule the world'?),Def Leppard (The Vault)...I feel like my parents when I was growing up when they listened to the olden goldies station with all the 50s and 60s music that I HATED...:wink2:

Guest Leslie2Lose

I so love NKOTB, however they should dtay in my adolescent mind, and try to be another act that attempts a restart and dies....lol...

I have seen them 20+times, and met them all. I was a huge blockhead.

My first concert was NKOTB too! It will be intersting to see them re-group. The majority of their concert was dancing. I wonder now that they are in their late 30's and early 40's how much will change.

What about Milli vanili. Blame it on the Rain. I loved them, and was so miffed when we found out they were a fake.

Edited by renewedhope
correct spelling

I have Sirius, so don't have CD's in the car. Listen to the '80's station and hair Nation all the time though! :tt2: Have a good variety on my MP3 player too. Rick Springfield, Hooters, Big Country, A-Ha, Duran Duran, VH, Motley Crue, GnR, Poison, and the list goes on and on.:wink2: