Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I won't/don't miss about being Obese

Yesterday I went to the dermatologist for an annual skin exam. I won't miss having to lift the girls so the doctor can view my skin. Ugh.

Love the posts! I will NOT miss:

Hiding in the back of family pictures so you can only see my face and up.

Being scared I won't fit in sits on rides or airplanes.

Hearing, "But you have such a pretty face."

Sore knees and back

The *flap* noise of your stomach as it hits the top of you thighs is you walk too fast! (or dare try running)

Dreading going to family and class reunions.

Feeling ugly and unattractive.

Panic at the doctor's office when they ask you to step on the scale. You KNOW he will chastise you about your weight.

Shopping in the "Tent and Awning" section of stores.

Sweat under your sagging parts and sweating with minimal exertion.

The misery that goes along with overeating and feeling like you have the energy of a slug.

There are many more.....these bother me most....

Hurray to us all for being brave enough to share our fears and hopefully use them as a tool to stay motivated on our journeys.:)

I love this thread! I am scheduled for surgery on 2/6, so I thought I should put some thought into things I won't miss...

1. You look good for having 7 kids..... ( I just want to look good)

2. My little ones arms not reaching all the way around when they hug me.

3. Shrinking into the background so no one will see how fat I am

4. Walking into a room with a thin friend and no one notices I even walked in.

5. People saying you "were" so pretty before you gained weight.

6. Squeezing... into everything.

Things I look forward too...

1. Buying a full length mirror, because I am no longer avoiding myself

2. Tucking in my shirt

3. Big smile from my adult children when they introduce me to there friends.

4. Going to functions with the ex husband and new wife and being proud of how I look.

5. Going to my oldest's Police Academy Graduation in July 09 and not feeling like I am embarassing him by my size.

Things I won't miss.. hmm I have a long list:Thigh rash - I go through diaper rash cream like crazy!!Loss of EnergyLoss of sexual desire only married 4 hears (he is great)Wanting to just lay around and eat and watching TVLooking forward:Having my life with my husband backTraveling moreGoing to the beach and actually wearing a bathing suiteRunning up stairs and not being out of breathOverall I am so looking forward to being a healthy part of society again.Good by diaper rash cream for good...

Hi everyone! This is my first post here in the Forum. I'll be banded in April, so I'm getting alittle head start. I read a lot of the responses to this post and it feels good to relate, laugh and know the pain behind every single sentence.

With that being said:

Things I wont MISS:

Having to throw away jeans that actually fit me because I rubbed a hole on the inner thighs

Being self=conscious about abt cetain sexual positions that make my belly hang and bulge out.

Going with skinny friends to the mall to buy nothiing but shoes or jewelry and seeing them with 2 pairs of cute jeans.

Hiding the fact the I'm still hungry when I go out to eat with people

having one more man tell me that if i just lost weight i'm be "the bomb"

you have such a pretty face. . . .

Being over looked by men who'd prefer and cute body over a pretty face

Going to a club and having noone ask me to dance or hit on me

Going to skinny clothing store with a friend and worrying what ppl are thinking of a fat girl in store. Maybe shes with someone? maybe she's shopping for someone else or maybe she really thinks she can fit her ass into these sizes?

I wont miss buying someothingjust because it fits

i wont miss plus sized stores that cater towards 70 something women and over priced, too!!!

I wont miss having my friend say "oh that guy was looking at me" ...I mean come on, he definitely wasn't looking me...no way!

I wont miss having to get in funny postions to paint my toe nails

I wont miss dressing up and pssing my the mirror to get a glimpse of what I really look like..,

I wont miss being so insecure about other women (in a relationship)

I wont miss grunting to get out of my car

I wont miss trying to squeeze through crowds

I wont miss feeling embarassed when i have to tie my shoe infront of ppl

I wont miss having a big beach ball in my way when I bend over

I wont miss trying to corss my legs with my feet while i watch skinny chicks lace their legs together with ease.

That's what I got for now!!!

Thanks

Now that I am halfway to my goal weight. I sure do not miss....going down the stairs and being winded, and going up the stairs and being winded. Now I run up and down the stairs with a full laundry basket and I am not out of breath.

Being able to sit comfortably in restaurants with booths, The table does not cut me under the boobs. There are now inches to spare.

Crossing my legs like a guy. I can now cross my legs like a lady and sit for long periods.

Finally wearing a normal sized "johnny" at the doctor's last week for my annual exam. The nurse didn't even hand me a big one. Same when I had my mammogram earlier in the week, I got to wear one of those "cute" pink johnnys LOL

Getting into L and XL and no more XXL and XXXL clothing.

Wearing size 14 pants and jeans again

Getting a normal bra, not a big old ugly one. Getting into a dress I got a few years ago that was my inspiration for losing weight before, but didn't. Another 10 lbs. and I will fit perfectly. It's a tad tight in the bust area. It's a 13 Petite.

People are now not staring at the fat chick in the room any more. And even guys are smiling at me like I am areal person. Sales people not giving me that "look" when I am in the store looking at normal clothing. LOL

Having a few people not recognize me at a function I went to a few weeks ago. They had not seen me in a year. Now that was great. LOL

I am hoping by August I am down to my goal weight and can really enjoy my pool and wear a cute tankini.

Edited by Shamrockgirl60

I've been thinking about this post all weekend. I was at a dinner party Friday night and had a great time talking to the girls I was seated near, but to the men it was as if I was invisible (pretty much everyone there was single). I am very very very much looking forward to not feeling like I am a ghost. I'm also looking forward to everything that everyone else wrote, but this one is striking home for me big time after my Friday night experience.

I am very very very much looking forward to not feeling like I am a ghost.

ait, boy do i ever relate. it's an awful feeling isn't it?

yes babe, its just awful. the party was so nice but i had this sickening feeling for most of it.

I gotta say, I freaking LOVE skipping the fat girls clothes at Kohls and finding rockin' pants in my size on clearance! I hated being fat. I love being ME!

Things I won't miss are,

thighs rubbing together

having no energy

seeing if I'm the fattest person in the room

wanting to break mirrors when I look in them

having trouble with chairs that have arms and bar stools

being made fun of by boys

feeling uncomfortable at the beach

having no pretty panties or bras

not being able to find boots that fit my legs

not having trouble trying to fit into desks

having no energy

not being able share clothes with my two beutiful best friends

and just not feeling pretty

god I can't wait for surgery!

Everything all the others said...

Plus...being able to cross my legs like a lady should

Riding bikes with my daughter

Hiking with my husband

NOT BEING TIRED!!

After reading some here hey I guess I too will join!

NEVER WILL MISS:

HIDING FROM PEOPLE WHO KNOW ME CAUSE I AM SO FAT I DONT WANT THEM TO SEE ME THIS BIG!

NO FITTING INTO SMALL PLACES

BEING THE BIGGER PERSON IN THE ROOM.

UGLY FAT GIRL CLOTHES I HATE THEM

FEELING SO FULL THAT I CAN NOT GET UP JUST food FOGGED

THINKING STRANGERS ARE STAREING AT WHAT I AM EATING OR AT MY SIZE

FEELING LESS OF A PERSON CAUSE I AM OVERWEIGHT

ALWAYS BEING TOLD BUT "YOU" ARE SO PRETTY! "SO PRETTY"! (YEAH!)

i know there are so many other things so many. just in the moment this is all i will list.

i think i will enjoy just being able to be me and fitting , fitting into a room and not feeling like i stand out because of my size.

I've been thinking about this post all weekend. I was at a dinner party Friday night and had a great time talking to the girls I was seated near, but to the men it was as if I was invisible (pretty much everyone there was single). I am very very very much looking forward to not feeling like I am a ghost. I'm also looking forward to everything that everyone else wrote, but this one is striking home for me big time after my Friday night experience.

ZI just want to add that the people that made you feel "invisable" are people that you don't want around you anyway. If they are shallow now they will be shallow later. and you shouldn't give them the time of day when you shed your outer layer and show what a beautiful person you really are. So make friends now and if they love you know they will love you later. Good luck and remember you are worth this and enjoy your journey!!!!! Be healthy, and always listen to your docs, follow the steps and you will be successful! All the best, Always, angcal26