Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I won't/don't miss about being Obese

I won't miss the constant guilt and self blame everytime I eat something I shouldn't. I won't miss being terrified to try on my jeans and have them be too tight. I won't miss feeling out of place among people who are slim. I won't miss being tired all of the time. :thumbdown:

looking to see if I am the fattest person in the room or the next fattest or the next, next fattest

and

counting people passing by that I think should get a band including me I was always the first person I counted

LOVE this thread!!!

Things I won't miss...

-Holding my pant leg to keep my legs crossed

-Using the large Handicapped stall in the Ladies Room

-Worrying that my young sons will fall out of amusement park rides when they sit next to me, 'cause the restraint won't go past my big belly!

-Grease stains on the chest of all my blouses

-Thigh friction

-No energy to stay active with my young sons

-No energy for sex with my DH

:thumbup:

Some things i won't miss-- BP meds, CPAP machine, sore feet knees, and ankles, being too tired to do anything. thigh friction. Not speaking up 'cause you don't want (or feel like you deserve) attention.:thumbup: avoiding swimming and other sports - cause of my size

I don't miss being out of breath and tired all the time. It's awesome!!

LOAO ( Laugh our butt off)! You know we literaly can with this thread!!!

I am so looking forward to not missing any of those things! I can't wait!

* being the only overweight person in my family

* hating people say: girl you have gained weight!!!!

* the thigh burns

*not being able to tie your shoes comfortably

*no energy,no desire to do anything Plus soooo much more...

This Valentine's Day we should Celebrate what we will not miss! CHEERS! Especially to the ones that look at you weird when you order something to eat...what goes around comes around! When we are skinny, we can look at them wishing they looked as good as us!

I won't miss trying to make excuses NOT to attend outings with my sons because the "X" will be there and I don't want him to see how much weight I have gained! Lol! Yeah.. That's right....... You know you do it too! LOL!

Oh, I have quite a list

- Not being able to ride my horses (I had gotten too heavy for them to carry me).

-Making a permanent indention in my mattress and furniture.

-Making people's cars shake when I got in.

-Not being able to sit with my legs together.

-Trying to keep my hubby from seeing me naked.

-Fat rolls and new stretch marks.< /p>

-Having to hold me head funny in pictures so it didn't look like I was being swallowed by my jowls and chins.

-Being the fattest person at work.

-Having to buy plus size or men's 42 waist pants.

-Looking like the goodyear blimp in my work uniform (khakis and a tucked in polo).

-Food stains on my shirt.

-Being the fat girl that everyone feels safe with.

-Only being able to purchase the shoes styles I see in In Style magazine.

-Being able to keep up with my friends.

-Only being able to hold up for 25 mile endurance rides (when I was still light enough to ride my horses).

-Taking 3 days to recover after pushing myself to keep up with everyone on a hiking/backpacking or other outdoor excursion.

-Having to have help getting back in the boat.

-Being red all of the time.

-Looking at my mother with all of her health problems and wondering how long it would be before I got them.

-Having to contort myself to shave my legs.

-My head looking too small for my body.

-Granny panties

-Having everyone stare at me when we had public meetings for work (right after my boss finished telling everyone how the field I work in is helping fight the obesity epidemic that is sweeping america).

-Having to serve as an expert on panels about fighting childhood obesity and having the attendees look at me sideways because of my weight.

Goodness...

This is a great thread....

I'm with you Babs

I will not miss

<<Not being able to sit at a booth

*Not being able to touch my shoes

*Not being able to wear high heeled shoes

*Not being able to have my husband give me an arms wrapped all the way around hug.

*Not being able to manuver around my small Sunday School class room

* Not being able to push the plate away just because it isn't empty.

* Not being able to go on the fun excursions on a Cruise

I love this thread.

I will not miss...

Not being able to fit into designer jeans

Automatically grabbing the XL or L (if thats all they have) in a store and *hoping* it'll fit

Wearing leggings and dresses all the time

Shopping at plus-size stores

Having to shop at the big-boobie-bra-boutique

My thighs chaffing when I go for a long walk in a skirt.

Feeling like it's not worth it to look good (hair and makeup) cause my body is still fat.

Having people say I have a such a pretty face (with the implied if only your body matched)

Being afraid of sailing, windsurfing, canoeing etc - for the fear I'll fall out of the boat and won't have the strength/will be too heavy for someone to be able to pull me back in.

Going to McDonalds and ordering an extra drink so they don't know it's all for me...

Having guys be plenty happy to hook up with me but never want to call me their girlfriend.

Ah there are so many, those are the first that come to my mind...

I won't miss ....

Looking in my closet before I go in public, thinking..ok, what fits today.

Not being able to dance around the kitchen with my kids for longer then 20 seconds....this is a BIG one for me:thumbup:

Buldging over seats everywhere I go...it's be nice to have a little room on either side..lol!

Having to press my boobs in to squeeze past people in crowds.

Not finding things in regular stores that I fit into.

Weird one but....I look forward to being able to sit in a chair or in bed and hug my knees.

Struggling to shave my legs or paint my toes.

My fat slapping against myself when I try to run playing baseball (I actually don't play anymore because of this...really embarrassing).

So many of the posts are so true. I think the things I wont miss about being Obese are:

Buying clothes at Catherines b/c Lane Bryant sizes don't go up that far

I can only buy jewelry at Catherines or Lane Bryant b/c Walmart watches or necklaces wont fit around my big neck or wrists.

Being ashamed of my size 10 wedding ring b/c my fingers are short and chubby

My big belly rubbing against the steering wheel or sliding my drivers seat all the way in the back to make room for my belly.

Seat Belt extenders

Praying when I go out to eat they don't sit us in a booth and if they sit us in the booth praying it is able to move so I can get in.

Not playing with my daughter on the floor and if I do I can only sit a short time cause my knee or back starts to hurt.

Being hot all the time

Stretching my shirts to cover up my belly

My bat wings ( arm fat)

The list could go on and on but I am so looking forward my surgery 3/9/9..

I won't miss...

- My legs rubbing together

- Wearing pants in the summer

- Ugly, old lady bras and underwear

- Never being able to wear tank tops because it just

looks awful

- Wearing frumpy clothes (not because I have bad

fashion sense, but because somehow designers get

less creative when it comes to large sizes)

- Feeling like an ogre in a room full of 5' nothing, 110 lb

in-laws

- Looking like a pin head because my head just looks to

small when my body is so big

- Man hands

- Looking like I am drilling for oil whenever I wear heels

- Staying indoors all summer when I'd rather be swimming

biking, walking, etc.

- Looking old when I am only 28!!!

Hmmm, I won't miss walking past any reflective surface and trying not to look at myself to see how bad I look.

I won't miss my lipitor & blood pressure med's. I won't miss sitting on the sidelines because I was always too tired, sore, self conscious to join in the game. Being treated as though I was invisible to men. Being told, but you have such a pretty face and a bubbly personality.

Having to ask for an extension for the seat belt on airplanes and then feeling squeezed into the seat.