Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Diane,

Do you know if postop pts can participate in the nutritional class. I ask because my nutritional consult before surgery lasted maybe 20min...I had never heard of getting less than 15g carbs and less than 5g fat per serving...my nutrition person apparently didnt teach me anything all she really did was give me samples of nasty Protein supplements...some of which were bars that wouldnt fit the 15 or 5 profile...everything Ive learned either on here or at the bham meetings from veronica...Im actually realizing how much Im doing wrong but not on purpose you know.

kaninag, the classs is limited to 20-25 people. and it is usually full. but im sure we can work something out to get you and someothers in one of the classes to let them show you the correct way! j/k but its really a shame that the other dr's ofice dosent take time and do the things like they do at st.vincents east does. thats one of the main reasons i went to them after listen and talking to 7 other dr's.

if i remember right it was like 30 bucks for the class and it was like 3-4 hours long. veronica talks to you first and explain about the surgery and the dos and donts. then ashely comes in and talks to you. she is the nutritonist (sp). i had to have a one on one meeting with her before i could get approved, very nice lady. i got her number somewhere.

if you want i will call and talk to veronica and see if we can some post banders in a class.

I may def consider that class maybe over the summer (once Im down to once class). So lets wait maybe until the next meeting to ask her!! Thanks Jason

I may def consider that class maybe over the summer (once Im down to once class). So lets wait maybe until the next meeting to ask her!! Thanks Jason

Yep, I think that's a good idea. I'm sure Veronica will help you. I keep telling everyone, I think we received such an education from our doctor's group, we could probably teach some pre-banding classes ourselves!

I found out early on, if you keep those carbs below 15 and fat below 5, the calories pretty much take care of themselves. This is the reason most of those 100 calorie snack packs are out. The carb content. And don't cheat yourself with Atkins rules of subtracting Fiber from the carbs. Carbs are carbs on this program.

And I finally found the Protein shots! Took grand tours of two different Wal-Marts. They're not bad at all. ......

I just realized I will miss the next two meetings. In March, I'll be on vacation (spring break) and in April, I'll be at a convention. Crap! I really wish we could have one at night during the week............

I dont have my march clinical schedule yet but I bet I wont be at the march meeting either :thumbup: Im gonna try to go to the one in anniston though on tuesday night.

Just checking in! I started reading this thread from the beginning yesterday. Ya'll should try that sometime, talk about motivational. It is amazing to see a documentation of how far we have come. I am so happy we have this board! You all are a fine bunch of people! I don't think I would be half as successful, if I didn't have ya'll to come to for support!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!!!

=)

Shawna

Hey everyone! Once again, it's been a while since i've been here. WL has been so slow for me it was almost discouraging to read anything on this site... selfish huh..

Other than having PCOS, which makes it harder to loose, some of it has been MY MY MY fault. Bad food choices, lack of exercise etc. So... I've cut out sweets (which should have been out all alone) and started walking again and have lost 5 pounds. I'm also back on Metformin, for the PCOS and ovulations purposes. THANK GOD I'm not diabetic!! Anyway, I think it's time for a small fill but I've been too embarrased to go since I havent lost any weight in over 6 months. I'm going to give it a couple of more weeks... trying hard and then call and schedule one.

Everyone is doing GREAT on here!!! CONGRATS to everyone!! Sounds like the support groups are still going great too. I sure wish I didn't live so far away.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!! :-)

Savebygrace, Keep up the good work. Dont be embarassed about no wt loss...if you need a fill go to the doc. They're here to help you not judge you! 42lbs gone is FABULOUS!! KEEP IT UP!!!! YOURE DOING GREAT!!!!

Edited by kaninag

Wendy don't worry, this is a big adjustment. If I were you I would go ahead and get an appt for a fill. There is no need in being embarrassed. Like Kani said, that is what they are there for. You might need a boost. Don't wait. I would also go back and read this thread from the beginning. It serves as a reminder of why we did this and why we are here.

Let me know if you need anything!

Hope everyone is well. We are headed to Tunica tomorrow to spend our kids inheritance. I need a break!

Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!

wendy, you need to call and make apointment to get a fill. like everyone else told you dont be afraid to go. they will be glad to hear from you and to get a fill. whens the last time tyou had a fill?

i got my new counter tops in last night so looks like i will be working this weekend to get them installed. also got a new sink. kim picked out a very nice black sink. so looks like no rest for me this wekend.

Just checking in! I started reading this thread from the beginning yesterday. Ya'll should try that sometime, talk about motivational. It is amazing to see a documentation of how far we have come. I am so happy we have this board! You all are a fine bunch of people! I don't think I would be half as successful, if I didn't have ya'll to come to for support!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!!!

=)

Shawna

Have you been in that wine??? Just kidding :rolleyes:

You are right, this group is so motivational. I need to go back and read from the beginning. Great idea!

Wendy, don't give up!! See how easy it was to lose that 5 pounds?? Keep it up.:lol:

well just got back from the gym. had a good workout! it just suck being the only one there working out. but the 50inch t.v. is nice when im on the threadmill and bike. then i turn up the radio to some heavy metal when lifting weights.

im also down another 2 pounds.

had another good work out last night. im going to try and go back to the gym again thursday our friday.

hows everyone else doing?

I'm just BLAH! Im not gonna lie...I can barely eat anything and its like the scales have a lock on them theyre not moving...I havent been keeping up with my calories too good these past couple of weeks but I know yesterday I was able to get in about 1100 so that was pretty dang good for me..sunday it was about 900....but anyway Ive been doing the Wii and walking the dogs...My abs hurt something fierce from Yoga and hoola hooping yesterday...lol

It's been kinda quiet on here these last few days everyone must being doing good :)

Keep up the good work on the work outs jason! Hows kim doing? Lookin forward to Fl???

kims doing fine kaninag. shes going to see about some braces this week. for some reason she wants them at age 30! there goes 5k.

but anyways im ready for florida myself. cant wait to just lay around the beach and talk some nice walks with kim at night. we really need sometime with out the kids like that.

hows zach doing?