Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

I came in here tonight to check it out because I was invited. I am banded by Dr. Groves. I love the T-shirt Idea. Who's idea was it?:thumbup:

I came in here tonight to check it out because I was invited. I am banded by Dr. Groves. I love the T-shirt Idea. Who's idea was it?:thumbup:

glad you made it over here. i believe you will enjoy this group of people in here. they are very glad to help out if need.

i put togather the t-shirts and me and kaninag is getting one apiece done. i will let everyone know how they turn out when i get them. im hoping to have them by the next support group. if we can get a order of ten our more up i can get them screen printed for about 7 bucks a piece. up to a xl. and its a dollar more for bigger sizes. but they all have to say the same thing also.

its been quiet in here. wheres everyone at?

I am here just lurking. Things are going good here. Been a crazy week so far. Between baseball and birthdays I am batty.

It is so funny now how when I go out to eat and notice how much food they give you. No wonder we have such an obesity epidemic. I also am hating these dumb places that have an age limit on the kid menu.

How is everyone else! Love the t-shirts Jason.

Welcome Gone!! This is a great group!

=)

Shawna

GGGGGggrrrr...So I called the doc with my little problem (mild reflux a couple of nights and waking up with pressure) EVEN though I didnt want to and he was immediately like you need an unfill now so come in tomorrow morning..well hello I cant just come in any old time...Im like what NO WAY...so I called jason to get his opinion....

SO I told the doc if it happens again I will come in but I wanna try meds first..they woudnt even call me in some nexium....we'll see how the otc prilosec does

thats what i would do kaninag. try that for about a week and see if it happens again. and also do you remember what you had to eat the day that it happen?

and hello ford and thanks.

thats what i would do kaninag. try that for about a week and see if it happens again. and also do you remember what you had to eat the day that it happen?

and hello ford and thanks.

I dont remember really but I do remember 1 of those nights I forgot to take my meds until about 10min b4 I went to sleep...so really I think that was part of it and we tend to eat dinner late....so Im gonna make dinner earlier too...I just DO NOT want to get an unfill right now. So yeah Im def gonna do all I can...Thanks!!

Forgal88,

It is amazing the size of portions that some restaurants give. My wife has a hard time just eating an appatizer.She has a ID card stating she has had stomach surgery and needs to order off the kids menu.

Does every doctor give their patients a card?

If they do has anyone had problems using the card?

We have never tried to use it.

My doc didnt give me a card but I usually just order an appetizer. Or I take leftovers home.I know theres a website you can go to to print a card if you want one but Ive just heard a lot of ppl on here say its a big hassle...that some rest. give them a hard time..

Hey, I was banded by Dr Miles, Nov 17, 2009 I have had 3 fills I believe I'm at 6.5 cc's in a 9 cc band. I have lost about 25 pounds and that is ok but I just don't feel like I have enough restriction. I could eat a whole cheeseburger and I don't want to...What do you think? Do I need another fill? Can y'all give me some examples of things you eat in a day...I can eat an egg, toast and piece of sausage with no problem...please help...I have been reading this post since I started this journey and this site is what keeps me going...I don't post much, But I need a little encouragement ....thanks for all the help you give even if you didn't know it...

Hey everyone

It's been awhile since my last post. I have been reading all the post I missed. I hate I missed group last month but I will be there this month will bells on. LOL ! Jason I love the t shirt idea. ethannme I think that you should call and get another fill. Maybe this one will be your sweet spot.:thumbup: I just got a fill on 03/04 and I am scheduled for another on the 26th but I think I am going to call to see if I can come in next week b/c I don't have any restriction. So like I said I think you sould call and see what they say.

Hey friends I need a little kick start, I have not been exercising like I should and it is really showing. I have only lost 3lbs in three weeks.:thumbup: I don't know why I have been so lazy.

Who's all coming to group this month?

Hey, I was banded by Dr Miles, Nov 17, 2009 I have had 3 fills I believe I'm at 6.5 cc's in a 9 cc band. I have lost about 25 pounds and that is ok but I just don't feel like I have enough restriction. I could eat a whole cheeseburger and I don't want to...What do you think? Do I need another fill? Can y'all give me some examples of things you eat in a day...I can eat an egg, toast and piece of sausage with no problem...please help...I have been reading this post since I started this journey and this site is what keeps me going...I don't post much, But I need a little encouragement ....thanks for all the help you give even if you didn't know it...

first off congrats on the weight loss. and now the second thing is and here it comes, are you doing at least 3 days of exerscing a week? are you getting your 60-64 in everyday? and please stop eating those breads. they are high in carbs. when you go and get a burger dont eat the bread just the meat and vegs.

you might need another fill. somepeople hit there sweet spot at different cc levels.

oh and are you coming to the support group meetings. i dont think i have taked to you there yet if so.

make sure you follow this few things:

1. get your 60-64 in everyday

2. exercise

3. exercise

4. exercise

5. eat right when i get home i can look up some dos and donts if you would like me to.

6. go to the support group meetings as much as you can. please do this, everyone needs this help.

7. dont be affraid to call the dr. when you have a question about the band.

8. dont go over 5grams of fat and 15 grams of carbs per serving( which you are doing if you buy burgers from a fast food place) i know its hard to do and i dont do it all the time but try to get close to it as you can.

im not trying to be hard on you, but you ask and i will tell.

and please dont be affraid to ask about anything on here. thats why we are here . we all need help time to time. :thumbup:

Edited by JASON R

first of congrats on the weight loss. and now the seconfd thing is and here it comes, are you doing at least 3 days of exerscing a week? are you getting your 60-64 in everyday? and please stop eating those breads. they are high in carbs. when you go and get a burger dont eat the bread just the meat and vegs.

you might need another fill. somepeople hit there sweet spot at different cc levels.

oh and are you coming to the support group meetings. i dont think i have taked to you there yet if so.

make sure you follow this few things:

1. get your 60-64 in everyday

2. exercise

3. exercise

4. exercise

5. eat right when i get home i can look up some dos and donts if you would like me to.

6. go to the support group meetings as much as you can. please do this, everyone needs this help.

7. dont be affraid to call the dr. when you have a question about the band.

8. dont go over 5grams of fat and 15 grams of carbs per serving( which you are doing if you buy burgers from a fast food place) i know its hard to do and i dont do it all the time but try to get close to it as you can.

im not trying to be hard on you, but you ask and i will tell.

and please dont be affraid to ask about anything on here. thats we are here for. we all need help time to time. :scared2:

LOL what he said...trust me Im not saying it bc I do everything on that list either but its the truth and I need to hear it just as much as the next person....if we always had done what we shouldve done and not what we WANTED to do we wouldnt have gotten to the point of having to have WLS...so go get another fill and revamp yourself!!!!