Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

I hope your mom is doing better Jason.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Been married 20 years and want to live a long and happy life and watch grandkids grow up 1day.

Hope your mom is doing well

thanks everyone. and thanks kaninag for calling.

quick update on my mom. is is doing alot better. her sugar is staying level right now. it did dip down a little today but she got it back up with her meds.

and yes i will be at the meeting. i really need it. i just dont feel like standing up and talking this time. im afraid i might start to let the tears go. i cant get the picture of her sloped over in the car. it reminds of when i watch my wifes mom died. she died from cancer and we was there when she pasted away.

Incidents like this really put things into perspective I believe. I had my surgery because I didn't want to be forty and on a 100 different meds and wait to have both knees replaced. Everytime I would do a diet I would do good for a couple of months and then rebound and add 10 or more lbs extra back on...I'm proud of myself for having the surgery and I wouldnt change it for 1 minute!!

Just dashing off a quick note, (it's all I seem to have time for anymore), I will see you all this morning at meeting.

Haven't updated my ticker, but I have reached my halfway point FINALLY!

Jason, I'm glad your Mom is doing better and I am so looking forward to FINALLY meeting you!

I have an appointment Monday too, but it's at 9:45. Although, Ashely called me yesterday to reschedule for 9:00 but by the time I got the message it was too late. I may show up at 9:00 anyway......

See you guys shortly....................

Haven't updated my ticker, but I have reached my halfway point FINALLY!

:):party::)

CONGRATS!! I love these little guys they just brighten the forum right up!!

I went to the support group meeting today and it's nice to put faces with your user names. I was so surprised at the number of people who were at the meeting. I didn't realize that many of them had stayed after attending a seminar. I realized that was me sitting there 4 months ago.

I was apprehensive about going since I was by myself and was worried I would stick out like a sore thumb. At first, I was a little uncomfortable but overall I enjoyed the meeting. Veronica was a pistol ball and it was apparent that she believed in what she was doing. She was very inspiring. In fact, everyone who "testified" was inspiring. It was very good to hear that this procedure was something they would do again even when complications were involved. I learned a couple of new things like the 5 grams of fat and 15 carbs. This is something I could begin working on now.

This is all becoming very real for me now. I meet with Dr. Dey, the pulmonologist, in a couple of weeks to have my sleep study results sent over. I had a sleep study about 2 1/2 years ago when I had some health problems. I'll only have to complete the 7 month weight loss program at the beginning of May and attend the nutrition class. Hopefully everything else will go off without a hitch. I teach in an elemetary school and considered waiting until June to have the surgery but if the surgery can be scheduled before then I'm going to take the time off.

When you attend the nutrition class before the surgery, does Veronica give you all the information that you need to be successful or do you receive nutritional support after surgery?

You all look wonderful and congratulations on your success. I can't wait to be one of the post-op gang.

Deb

well it was a great meeting today.

it really did help me out. really didnt like standing in front for the entire meeting but heck it wasnt to bad.

sorry i didnt get to talk to you ladies to much this morning. and also thanks very much for asking about my mom. she is doing great today. is actually looks better today then she has in along time.

kaninag, did you buy the store out? kim said she is ready to shop for the trip.

i think we need to make everyone from this group get up next time and talk. and yes that means you to kaninag.lol

and im going to work on the t- shirts some more this weekend.

Jason, I know you didn't feel like standing up in front of the crowd today but I'm glad you did. I wouldn't have known who you were otherwise. I believe I will come back next month just for a good kick in the pants. But, Jason, I am definitely not ready to get up and talk. :)

I'm not one to get up and talk...I mean to me my story is nothing compared to some...I wasnt on a lot of meds and I dont have a lot of health conditions in fact the most that is wrong with me is that I have headaches...thats really it so I dont have a great story to tell and Im def not a motivational speaker...lol but I love hearing everyone elses story! I had a good time at the meeting....UNFORTUNATELY I didnt buy the store out ;) All I bought was a shirt....I was excited about being able to shop in one of my old fav stores but they didn't have a whole lot that I liked....SO I def need a good shopping trip!!!!!!!

It was great meeting everyone! I hope that I get to be there next month!

Great seeing everyone yesterday!! It is so good to really see everyone's progress! It is also fun to watch Veronica pick on Jason!

I am glad your mom is doing better Jason. I of course told my mom about her (she is also a diabetic). She claims she would have the surgery, BUT (there is always a but) she can't afford to be off of work for 4 weeks (she can - but that is her excuse). She just doesn't realize that 99% of her problems are weight related. I had this surgery because I did not want to be her. I did not want to be miserable. I want to live my life and enjoy this adventure!

yea veronica likes to pic on me for some reason. i really enjoy the meetings. it helps more then people think for me. and of course i like seeing everyone every month.

well im not going monday to get a fill i believe i need to wait. and also dr.miles isnt going to be there to do it that afternoon.

kaninag, you do have something to share, we all do! its good to her from everyone that has had the band done. and people need to see that just because you dont get it done there the support group really counts. and seeing other people there from other dr's is what it takes sometimes.

When you attend the nutrition class before the surgery, does Veronica give you all the information that you need to be successful or do you receive nutritional support after surgery?

Deb

YES! You will find out everything you need to know. Please ask questions if you don't understand something. It's a really small class so there is a lot of discussion and you will learn a lot.

Diane,

Do you know if postop pts can participate in the nutritional class. I ask because my nutritional consult before surgery lasted maybe 20min...I had never heard of getting less than 15g carbs and less than 5g fat per serving...my nutrition person apparently didnt teach me anything all she really did was give me samples of nasty Protein supplements...some of which were bars that wouldnt fit the 15 or 5 profile...everything Ive learned either on here or at the bham meetings from veronica...Im actually realizing how much Im doing wrong but not on purpose you know.