Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Hes doing good...hes out playing in the mud planting bushes in the freezing weather....crazy...hes busted the sprinklers so now hes gotta replace those...lol

Hes doing good...hes out playing in the mud planting bushes in the freezing weather....crazy...hes busted the sprinklers so now hes gotta replace those...lol

lol thats what he gets for playing in the cold. tell him if he needs help with the sprinkerles to let me know. i dont mine helping.

HAHA, I'll tell him that!!

On another note...I think I def need to get an unfill...Im am so sick of throwing up. Todays is our 2yr anniversary so I got a mini cake from Walmart in the shape of a dog...mind you I dont eat a lot of cake so I ate prob 1/4c of chili that I made and took 2 bites of icing (not the cake part) just the icing thats all she wrote...I guess thats what I get for eating sugar in the first place :)

HAHA, I'll tell him that!!

On another note...I think I def need to get an unfill...Im am so sick of throwing up. Todays is our 2yr anniversary so I got a mini cake from Walmart in the shape of a dog...mind you I dont eat a lot of cake so I ate prob 1/4c of chili that I made and took 2 bites of icing (not the cake part) just the icing thats all she wrote...I guess thats what I get for eating sugar in the first place :blush:

im sorry you are this way. i started to get a unfill myself at first. but i think im going to be ok. im not not able to eat almost anything until about 3pm. i drink my Protein and Water until then. but at night time for dinner im able to eat normal our like i should.

i have been thinking about this for sometime now. and i was wondering if any of you have done the same.

i started out at 419 pounds and lost almost 10 pounds before surgery and now have lost 77 pounds since surgery. i know thats alot of weight and im glad i have done so good in 6 months. but my problem is that in my eyes i cant see that i lost any weight. i know i have because of my clothes dont fit anymore and i can see it in the mirror. but in my head i still see the fat very big guy. and it really has upset me. i know it shouldn't see myself like that but i do. and it is really starting to get to me. i havent talked to anyone about this yet, not even my wife.and im kind of scare to. i guess the reason why im saying it on here is that i feel comfortable with you ladies and guys. since you have had the surgery to.

im thinking about calling the head dr and ask her about it. i have done alot of reading about people losing weight like this and it changing there lifes so much where it thkes along time to adjust to it. you have to understand i have been overweight since i was like 7 years old. so i dont know any other way of life. i have gotten asked many times what has been the hardest time with this. and this comes to mine evertime, but i never tell no one. i dont want to scare no one into not getting the surgery. because when it comes down to it. this is the best thing i have ever done for myself. i know i have prolong my live and im sure i will get over this in time.

please dont think i have gone crazy. just wonder if this has ever happen to anyone else. i think i will post this in other parts of the site as well.

You have to remember that you see yourself everyday so youre not going to see the weight loss like say someone who hasnt seen you since august would...did you do before photos? If so take some more now and pull out your before and compare....I think what you're going thru is experienced by many...we see the changes but dont exactly believe its going on bc we've been the opposite our entire lives...

It def wont hurt to talk to the doc...I think talking is sometimes the best remedy...docs can give you techniques to help you change your way of thinking and then you can share it with us :blush:

You're doing great, go talk to the doc it'll make you feel better!!!! You may even want to try telling this to Kim she prob doesnt realize you feel this way..she prob thinks youre excited (which I am sure you are)you're just having mixed emotions..she's your support too and I think if she can be there to give you more encouragement it will only help!!!

Edited by kaninag

Jason, I can kinda relate to what you are saying. I have been overweight for over half my life. I looked in the mirror and still saw me as fat and gross. I also noticed the drop in sizes of clothes, but I couldn't see the difference. My husband is very supportive, but he never says ANYTHING about my weightloss, I know that he sees me everyday, but I think that he doesn't want me to think that he didn't love me when I was big, so he tries not to draw any attention to it. I think you should discuss it with the Dr. and your wife. It is a HUGE adjustment to every part of you (inside and out). I can sure tell you that I definately noticed a big difference in your appearance at the last support group meeting. I think you are doing the right thing by posting about it, because it lets others see that there is a lot more to this surgery than just the physical part. I think it takes our minds a little bit to catch up with our bodies.

The funny thing is - you know when I noticed, I had lost a significant amount of weight?! When I got my hair cut. You know they put that cape around you and there sticks out your head. I was so used to hating seeing myself in the mirror and especially at the salon - I usually saw my fat little miserable head there. Then one day I looked up and I was like WOW, I am not so gross...LOL.

Kanina - I am thinking about a small unfill also, I do believe that I am too tight. The funny thing is - it is at night. I do fine all day and at night I am having a horrible time of it.

So are yall taking a trip to the beach? That will be so much fun! I am excited cuz my husband told me that we could go to the Crawfish Boil in May. I have always wanted to go, but I was always so self conscious and miserable. Time to make up for all that I missed out on!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

thanks kaninag and ford. im going to talk to the dr about it next time im up there. and im also might talk to some people about it at the next meeting. im really not ready to talk to kim about it yet. she has to much on her right now with her dad and the GIRLFREIND thing going on.

but i do thnak you ladies alot for the support.

Jason, I can kinda relate to what you are saying. I have been overweight for over half my life. I looked in the mirror and still saw me as fat and gross. I also noticed the drop in sizes of clothes, but I couldn't see the difference. My husband is very supportive, but he never says ANYTHING about my weightloss, I know that he sees me everyday, but I think that he doesn't want me to think that he didn't love me when I was big, so he tries not to draw any attention to it. I think you should discuss it with the Dr. and your wife. It is a HUGE adjustment to every part of you (inside and out). I can sure tell you that I definately noticed a big difference in your appearance at the last support group meeting. I think you are doing the right thing by posting about it, because it lets others see that there is a lot more to this surgery than just the physical part. I think it takes our minds a little bit to catch up with our bodies.

The funny thing is - you know when I noticed, I had lost a significant amount of weight?! When I got my hair cut. You know they put that cape around you and there sticks out your head. I was so used to hating seeing myself in the mirror and especially at the salon - I usually saw my fat little miserable head there. Then one day I looked up and I was like WOW, I am not so gross...LOL.

Kanina - I am thinking about a small unfill also, I do believe that I am too tight. The funny thing is - it is at night. I do fine all day and at night I am having a horrible time of it.

So are yall taking a trip to the beach? That will be so much fun! I am excited cuz my husband told me that we could go to the Crawfish Boil in May. I have always wanted to go, but I was always so self conscious and miserable. Time to make up for all that I missed out on!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

My hubby doesnt say anything much either but I know exactly what you mean about getting your haircut I got mine cut with a new trendy do the other day :lol: and she put the cape on and I almost laughed out loud bc I didnt have the double chin...Im sure she was wondering what in the world I was smokin bc I was grinning the whole time she cut my hair...lol

Ive never been to a Crawfish boil that sounds like fun...is it a family thing that ppl do or something that a church puts on?? Im curious...cant you tell :confused:

Anyhow, yeah we're taking a trip in July to fl...we've rented a condo thats is SUPER nice I just cant wait...me and my hubby try to go to fl every year so this is a treat to have ppl going with us...we might have to make it a yearly trip with everybody!!!

Good luck jason...just give me a ring if you need to talk :confused:

Its put on by Dr. Schaeffer (The eye center guy). Kinda like a smaller version of City Stages. They are gonna have some great bands this year (LL Cool J, Snoop Dog, Jason Mraz, Katy Perry, All American Rejects and more). Tickets are like $20 a day or $35 a weekend. Here is the website Welcome to : 2009 Schaeffer Eye Center Crawfish Boil

I bet ya'll will have a great time at the Beach. I would like to go with my hubby one weekend. Just us. =)

First Baseball practice of the season is tomorrow. WooHoo!

crawfish boil sounds liek it would be fun. i have always wanted to go. i think we just might go this time. kaninag talk to zach about it and let us know. i will talk to kim.

and it is going to be nice to go to fl with great freinds. we just might need to make a yearly thing.

If yall decide to go, maybe we could meet up. That would be fun. They also have hotel packages for like 200 something, so you wouldn't have to drive all the way home.

=)

If yall decide to go, maybe we could meet up. That would be fun. They also have hotel packages for like 200 something, so you wouldn't have to drive all the way home.

=)

thats sound like it would be fun. im going to talk to kim about it this weekend.

HI! I'm being banded this Thursday by Dr. Miles. I am so excited, but also scared to death. I do not think I will regret this decision, but thinking about eating regular foods with the band is what makes me nervous. I have set some goals, and I hope that I don't let myself down (again). I always hate setting goals because of the HUGE letdown that I get afterward. I think I'll be able to make it with the band... but in the back of my head I'm still hearing the, "Yeah right!" voice. Any suggestions for getting rid of the mean fat girl inside?

Thanks!

Krista

Krista I think that you'll see that the lap band is far from a huge let down...I'm sure you'll see 1000s on here that have just continually been unable to lose wt but can with the band....thats def how I was I mean I dont think any of us would have gone thru the surgery if we could have done it on our own.

Start small with your goals bc until you get a good fill it is common to gain wt....its a long process but keep coming here for support...exercise, drink lots of Water and eat right and you'll do great!!!

Hi Krista! Congratulations! I know you are sooo excited! Don't worry, just follow the steps that Veronica has taught you and you will do fine. Also be sure to use the support system that they have made available to you. As for your goals, you will be amazed when you hit your 1st then your 2nd and before you know it you will be a pro. Of course it will not happen over night, but if you do like you were instructed you will be passing goals like crazy! Hope to see you at support group!!

=)

Shawna