Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Hey I haven't posted lately, I got my 3rd fill on the 23rd of Feb and have lost NO more pounds but I haven't gained either so I guess that is good. However I want to lose more. I get my 4th fill on Monday the 23rd so hopefully that'll be the magic one.

I haven't had a chance to check mail, forums or much of anything b/c I have been working like crazy!.. I got 57 hours in last week and my normal hours a week is 37.5 so I have been exhausted....

Anyway I need to catch up on the posts....

Hey I haven't posted lately, I got my 3rd fill on the 23rd of Feb and have lost NO more pounds but I haven't gained either so I guess that is good. However I want to lose more. I get my 4th fill on Monday the 23rd so hopefully that'll be the magic one.

I haven't had a chance to check mail, forums or much of anything b/c I have been working like crazy!.. I got 57 hours in last week and my normal hours a week is 37.5 so I have been exhausted....

Anyway I need to catch up on the posts....

its odd seeing dr. miles only giving you 1cc at a time. i have talked to a few people and he gave them like 2 2 1 our something like that. maybe this next one will do it for you.

PANIC!! I just read on another post that BCBS of Alabama is no longer accepting photographs as proof of weight history. Has anyone else heard this? I am only one visit away from finishing my 6 month diet, and I am planning to use photographs as my evidence.

PANIC!! I just read on another post that BCBS of Alabama is no longer accepting photographs as proof of weight history. Has anyone else heard this? I am only one visit away from finishing my 6 month diet, and I am planning to use photographs as my evidence.

no i havent heard anything about this. i would call either your dr's office our bcbs and ask about it. dont wait to late to do it either.

Maybe your next adjustment will be it, Stephanie. It took 3 for me and then wham! I have had 1 small one since but that was after a significant weightloss.

Sorry Venz I have no idea about bcbs and the pictures. I would just call them and ask.

I don't know know if I will be at support group this weekend or not. My son is in little league and they have a tournament starting on Friday. Just depending on if and when they play on Saturday will determine my ability to attend... I really don't want to miss, but I hate missing any games. I will be missing his first game on Friday because I am going to the opera with my mom (not really my thing, but she REALLY wants to go...lol).

Hope everyone is doing well.

I didn't know that they would use photos as proof period so thats new to me...I would just call them though cuz maybe that wont go into effect until after you already submit your stuff...good luck let us know how it goes!!!

I also suggest that you call BCBS and ask but I did go to their medical policy to see if it changed. It was last reviewed in September 2008. It says that "A letter from the primary care physician and dated photographs will be considered in lieu of recorded heights and weights."

https://www.bcbsal.org/providers/policies/final/053.pdf

Hi Y'all.. .I GOT BANDED... on St. Patrick's Day by Dr. Schmitt. Everything went great- but, I am home in some pain. I'm not going to suffer so I'm taking my pain meds as needed. Just wanted to let you all know I'm official now!:)

Way to go BandofHope!! I am glad that things went well!! You will be 100% in no time at all!! Good Luck!!

:) I just noticed - I am no longer obese!! I am now just overweight!! :blink: WoW!! :ohmy:

=)

Shawna

Edited by Fordgal88

Hi Y'all.. .I GOT BANDED... on St. Patrick's Day by Dr. Schmitt. Everything went great- but, I am home in some pain. I'm not going to suffer so I'm taking my pain meds as needed. Just wanted to let you all know I'm official now!:tt2:

im glad everything went so well. im sure you will do great! just listen to the dr's and the people thats been where you are now and you will be fine. and dont worry i even took some of my pain meds. so please take as needed. keep us postedf and im lookng forward to seeing you at the banded support group meetings.

Way to go BandofHope!! I am glad that things went well!! You will be 100% in no time at all!! Good Luck!!

:) I just noticed - I am no longer obese!! I am now just overweight!! :) WoW!! :lol:

=)

Shawna

that is great. thats a very bif nsv! im happy for you. i cant wait until the comes when im just over weight.

I am also a patient of Dr. Miles and Dr. Schmitt. I have had my consultation and am currently awaiting insurance approval from BCBS. I think the waiting is the hardest part! I still have to do the sleep evaluation on 4/2, and the support group tomorrow morning. I am excited about this journey that has begun--I have yo-yo dieted for several years and just want to have a normal relationship with food.

I am blessed to have my MIL on the journey with me. I asked her to go to the seminar with me and now she is also going to be banded. She has Medicare, so her process is moving along more quickly than mine is. But I am glad that we will have each other for support. I have PCOS and she has been very supportive in my Quest to overcome PCOS with weight-loss.

Good luck to ya!! I hated waiting...I know my docs office was just as excited as I was when I got my approval bc it meant that I would stop calling asking if I was approved...lol

I hope you all have a great meeting tomorrow...I wont be able to make it I have to take a test in the morning! Hopefully I will see you all next month :ohmy:

Hang in there perfectionist.... I thought my surgery day would never get here and it finally did- Just take each day and keep your mind on the goal- it is a lot of work, planning, organization and patience that is required but you will make it. Although I have only been banded for 4 days, I know it was the best decision I have ever made for myself. Best of Luck!

bandofhope, thats the way to be. im happy you feel that way. and yes it will change your life so much. for me i have been overweight most of my life. so i dont know anything else. so its all new to me. im still a big overweight guy but im opn my way to the lower weight of living. lol

perfectionist, just take one day at a time and you be banded before you know it. i will be at the meeting tomorrow so if you want to ask me anything feel free to. and good luck to you. and dont beafraid to ask anything at the meeting. i have heard it all from a 60 year old woman asking about the sex life after surgery to the one i hear almost evertime, can i still drink beer afterwards. lol