Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Hi Tiana,

That is the way I was between my 1st and 2nd fill. I actually gained 1 pound between those fills. I think that I was testing my band and as long as I wasn't feeling full I kept eating. When your fills really start working, you will know.

Loved the circus pics raz. We went on Wednesday night. I loved it!

Hope everyone has a nice start to their February.

=)

Shawna

Good Morning

I have a question. Remember my first fill was a bad one and I had to get an unfill b/c I was throwing up everything I put in. Well that has been almost two weeks ago and now I noticed I feel no restriction. Yesterday, I fixed me an egg for breakfast(this is usually all I can eat)but after eating it I was still hungry. I did not feel full at all. I also noticed that I am getting hungry way before 4hrs.(It's more like 1 1/2 to 2 hrs and I'm hungry again.) I don't want to gain any weight back. So this brings me to my question, Should I call and see it they will give me another fill? Please Help.

this has never happen to me. but i would call and asked if they would like you to come in and get some put back in. but make sure to tell them what happen.

good luck.

Good Morning

I have a question. Remember my first fill was a bad one and I had to get an unfill b/c I was throwing up everything I put in. Well that has been almost two weeks ago and now I noticed I feel no restriction. Yesterday, I fixed me an egg for breakfast(this is usually all I can eat)but after eating it I was still hungry. I did not feel full at all. I also noticed that I am getting hungry way before 4hrs.(It's more like 1 1/2 to 2 hrs and I'm hungry again.) I don't want to gain any weight back. So this brings me to my question, Should I call and see it they will give me another fill? Please Help.

Sounds like its time for another fill..I'd def call You may just have to get smaller fills.....GOOD LUCK!!!!

Kaninag,

Congratulations to you and congrats on the 64 lbs gone!!

I know this is a great accomplishment for you and you are such a motivator to the rest of us!!

Keep up the good work, Kaninag!!:(

:blush:Thanks susan!!! I'd never thought I would be able to tell others about my experience but I find myself being asked a lot by ppl who are considering lap band vs gastric bypass which way to go or why I chose the band...and its great to be able to share!! Thanks again!!

For some reason I have a hard time remembering what day and time the seminars are its at 1030 on Feb21 is that right?

For some reason I have a hard time remembering what day and time the seminars are its at 1030 on Feb21 is that right?

yes you are correct. are you going? i will not miss it this time.:thumbdown:

ABSOLUTELY!! I dont have any clinicals YAY!!!, and if zach is off I may get him to come with me!!

I soo look forward to support group meetings. It gives me that extra boost I need every month.

I have an appt tomorrow. I am gonna see if she will give me a little bit of a fill. I just feel like I am eating too much. I am not feeling satisfied. Even though I am not gaining - I am not losing either. The crappy part is I know she will look and see that I have lost 10 lbs since my last visit, but that was like 3 months ago.

I did find the Protein Shots that I have been reading about on here. When do you take them? Do you do just 1 a day? Just wondering how ya'll use them. I also got some of that Protein mix to go in my Water. I am hoping that will help too.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

=)

Shawna

With the shots I might have 1 or 2 a week. and sometimes I take a whole one or sometimes a half. It really depends on how much Protein I have gotten that day. Like when I was getting sick everyday I would have one everyday to make sure I was getting what I needed. Usually I take them in the afternoon. Good luck with the doc today!!!

sorry kaninag, its 10 am not 1030 sorry.

and yea if zach can come tell to come on down.

and on the Protein Shots i take one a day in the morning. and sometimes one at night. just depends if i get all my Protein in for the day. since im not taking much food in now. i might eat one full meal a day now.

Well I drank one in place of Breakfast (which I normally eat a banana), I know that I teeter on getting enough Protein. I was surprised, it wasn't too bad.

I will update on what happens after my appt. this afternoon.

=)

Shawna

Good luck with the doc...

I had my appointment and talked about how I felt with Lisa. I told her that I felt like I was eating too much and that I wasn't staying satisfied. I then asked her if it was really possible for the band to get loser with a significant weight loss. She said that it was. She said that I had done well and that I was probably due for an adjustment. So she gave me 1/2 a cc which was more than I had anticipated (now I have 6.5cc). So far so good. I have been steadily sipping fluids making sure its going down.

My husband is great and cooked dinner for the kids. My youngest asked why wasn't I eating supper and my husband told him that I went to the dr and they filled my stomach (trying to put it in an 8 year old's terms) and he said "they let you go to the cafeteria and eat everything???" From the mouths of babes.

Looks like everyone is doing great!! I am ready for Support Group!!

=)

Shawna

I am thinking about going...Im trying to get sick YAY :lol: so it will really depend on how I feel. My husband is going to play bball tomorrow night so I may drag my butt out after work :thumbup: