Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies Bandiversary Month

I seem to remember that at one time we had a list of everyone that was going to be banded in last March with their band date. I thought that TammyJ did it. Does anyone know where it went and what about putting it here? We could update it with our weight loss as our banddates approach.

Here's the list: (there sure are a lot of people we haven't heard from for a year!).

HERE WE GO........... Current as of 03/31

CarolynB - 03/01

dec0578 - 03/01

Pam~bander 2/22 - 03/01

bikergirl360 - 03/01

lala3000 - 03/01

Tea Time - 03/02

hlayne - 03/02

wilma - 03/02

analee - 03/02

laralynn86 - 03/03

Sophie248 - 03/05

GloGirl - 03/05

Fur Ellie - 03/05

ThickChickTexas - 03/05

Band STAR - 03/05

Nikki - 03/05

emilymor - 03/05

Char - 03/06

anniegs- 03/06

Sugarbear - 03/07

gailannr - 03/07

Sue in Russia - 03/07

planoltxgirl - 03/08

HeatherPA - 03/08

Denise - 03/08

bronnie70 - 03/09

lokiluvr - 03/09

GC53 - 03/11

Mommy202 - 03/12

Sharon67 - 03/12

Hazelbunny - 03/12

nurseamy - 03/12

magnolia - 03/12

pianoplayer - 03/12

babylovestoys - 03/12

Hotpink Bubbles - 03/13

Tabithan - 03/13

aprilmarie - 03/13

Kyethra - 03/14

Charlif761 - 03/14

x-ray chic - 03/14

demsvmejm - 03/14

CuddleNymph - 03/14

gret1964 - 03/14

sharrism - 03/14

jag65 - 03/14

TammyJ - 03/15

Scarlett - 03/15

ohiobluegal - 03/15

Rosi - 03/15

sushiqwn's DH - 03/15

Machele - 03/16

RowdyReptile - 03/16

countrygirl1404 - 03/16

mnkbrly - 03/16

stacy16 - 03/16

tm1019 - 03/16

WendyJ - 03/19

vcarozzolo - 03/19

ebony868 - 03/19

SueA - 03/19

demmemoon - 03/19

momlambert - 03/19

ladybug390 - 03/19

Theresa Ann - 03/19

berry - 03/19

deshar - 03/19

purplemonkey - 03/19

lindsay - 03/19

charsweb - 03/19

kuebel j - 03/20

TRANAM1955 - 03/20

GOOD&READY - 03/20

amrdmr - 03/20

Reesh - 03/20

Janine - 03/20

Mrs Husker - 03/20

CrazyCran - 03/21

lilnena - 03/21

blondylocks - 03/21

Famos - 03/21

eclipse - 03/21

dawnie1856 - 03/21

anon - 03/21

jaysd74 - 03/21

Seahawkfreak - 03/21

chatgirl6 & DH - 03/22

LoriPA - 03/22

Desiree1970 - 03/23

Maggief - 03/26

tiredofbeingfat - 03/26

snowangel - 03/26

sushiqwn - 03/27

Rockn4u - 03/27

lisa - 03/27

jono201 - 03/27

Deb - 03/28

kssunflower - 03/28

neveragain - 03/28

my5grlz - 03/29

alaverde - 03/29

Syrah - 03/29

JackSpratsWife - 03/29

SGDodge06 - 03/30

slikchik10 - 03/30

Medge - 03/30

late - 03/30

TallgirlTX - 03/30

Bubbles - Bumped to April 11th

Sara Mos - Bumped to April 2nd

TracyinKS - Bumped to April 26, 2007

I'm still here, and glad to be with the gang a year later. Can you believe it...WOW!

Thanks for the nice comments, guys! Pictures really are encouraging when you are feeling like you should have lost more by now. Whitepants, get someone to take some afters for you! I think you'll be feeling a lot better when you see them with your befores.

And I know what you mean about the pants drooping in the crotch, lol. And about using your clothes size to gauge your weight loss. The nice thing is that as you get smaller, it takes fewer pounds to drop a size. Even a 5 lb weight loss is a bigger deal when you get smaller since it is a larger % of your total weight...does that make sense?

Let's see some more Marchie befores and afters, to Celebrate our bandiversary month! I love seeing them. Mrs H, you are up next!

My stats:

band date 3/13/08

start weigth 234

current weight 181

total lost 53 lbs

Goal weight 160 (might change it to 150 when I get there)

Have a great day everyone!

My stats live in my ticker, but I didn't make it onto the original list. My date was 3-8-07.

Highest Known 338

January 07, met nutritionist 313

March 07, surgery 290

March 08, anniversary 201

Projected Goal Attaining: October 1st 2008!

Everyone's pictures look great! I can't believe it's been 1 year for all of us!

So....went to the Dr. yesterday I'd lost 3.5 #'s since December

Nurse said, "you've only lost 51 lbs in 1 year, is this where you want to stay"? (kinda snotty) I admitted I'd been in maintainance mode this winter and had a lot going on and haven't exercised with any regularity. Man, did I feel like shit! I mentioned the reflux I'd been getting in the middle of the night, so I wasn't eating after 7pm. I can eat bread and meat in the pm, although slowly. My band is looser in the pm, as is everybodies.

Dr. ordered a upper GI this am and my band is TIGHT! It took 25 minutes to get 2 swallows of the drink to go thru my band.

I guess I didn't realize what the sensations were while I was drinking & eating, I just thought I needed to slow down. I haven't slimed or vomited in forever so I didn't think tightness was an issue.

So, as soon as Dr. calls, will probably schedule a slight unfill.

My exercise routine is back on track again.

I feel good about myself even though the nurse made me feel like I had accomplished nothing in the last year.

My Stats:

Highest 226

Nov. 07 201

Surgery 3/14/07 196

Current 3/11/08 149.50

Mary,

By my calculations 51 pounds in a year is darn near to a pound a week. That's very typical. And we bandsters take up to three years to get to goal, so that nurse stinks.

You are only 19.5 pounds away from your goal which is amazing. And EVERYONE, EVERYONE has a hard time losing weight in the winter. Normal people gain 10-15 pounds in the winter.

I'm indignant for you.:tongue:

I never post but I hopped on last March 29th and am coming up to my one year. I have kept up with you guys daily for the last year--I feel like I know you all even though I don't add much--I'm the same way in a group of people anywhere--just really shy that way. But I am excited about my weight loss this year and my before and after pics. The after pic was actually taken on Christmas day and I've lost 20 pounds since then but it is the latest picture I have. You guys are such a great support even to people you don't know are there. I've joyed with you as I've watched your progress and cried with you at your pain. I even talk to my husband about you guys and he even knows some of you by name. Thanks.

post-211791-13813137192888_thumb.jpg

post-211791-1381313719279_thumb.jpg

post-215255-13813136672376_thumb.jpg

lapband pictures.bmp

WOW my5!! Your look great! Your loss really shows in your face. That is what I am hoping for, no more double/triple chin. Keep up the good work.

And Dems-I'm with Juli, your nurse stinks. 51 lbs is awsome!!

My5,

you look fantastic!

Thanks for posting and saying all those nice things. We really do support each other, don't we?

Last night I went out with my girlfriend. We went to the hardware store and then she needed to stop at Wal-Mart for a few things. I decided to look at their jeans. I bought 2 pair of 14 thinking that I will be needing them soon. Well, soon was TODAY!! I am now in a size 14. I shouldn't have tried them on when I got home about 10:00. When you get that excited and that happy, trust me, it’s not conducive to sleeping. Now I can't wait for March 20 when I will be doing my 1 year photo. Granted, I still hate the way I look in a bathing suit but fully dressed and even my 19 yo ds thinks that I am looking slimmer.

One last note. My dh has said no to any plastic surgery now or in the future. When I tried to argue with him about it, he said “Every time that you have been put under, I am scared to death that you won’t wake up. I can’t lose you”. When you can see the tears in your husbands eyes you know that he means it. Damn I love that man. Granted, I am still hoping that in a year or two when I am where I want to be weight wise, I might revisit this topic and see if I can change his mind.

I keep scrolling up and can't stop looking at the before & after pics...you all are awesome!

Dr. reviewed my upper GI and I went in for a slight unfill this am. Nurse did the unfil and took out .25cc.....OMG what a difference! I guess I haden't realized the last 2 months what was really going on with my band. I just thought I needed to really slow down, and my issues were my fault of not following the rules to a T.

****I lost 2 lbs since being weighed in the office on Mon!

The nurse was very kind today, she consoled me and told me to trust my instincts, if something seems outta whack, call the Dr.

Everyone have a super day!

My5--wow, you look just beautiful. What a great before and after! You must feel so great.

Dems--I'm so glad things went better with your unfill. 51 lbs is nothing to be unhappy about! But being too tight can slow your weight loss--glad you were able to get some out and keep going! You are so close to goal now...things WILL probably be slower, that happens when you get close (or so I hear, I've never gotten anywhere near my goal weight before!) but it should move a little better if you aren't too tight.

I have to see a new band doctor next week. I moved to Spokane from Portland and my band surgeon is just too far away. I considered just sticking with her and hoping I didn't have an overfill emergency, but on top of it my new insurance won't cover any of my band expenses, and the doc here is a little cheaper out of pocket. So I'm having my yearly upper GI and an overall check to make sure all is well. I don't think I need a fill. I'm feeling pretty good at my current adjustment. Hopefully he's good. :drool:

My bandiversary is tomorrow! Woo hoo!

Great job everyone, it's been a loser year for us!:tongue2: We all have ourselves to thank for all the hard work that brought us this gift of better health. :tt2:

OMG...Oh Juli, gkeyt, and my5grlz!!! AMAZING!!!!! YOU GUYS LOOK SO GOOD!!! :grouphug::eek::party:

I have way too much to do today here at work, but I had to stop and share this NSV with you guys. I was outside just a minute ago and my back was to the sun. I looked at my shadow and there is light between my legs. I went inside and got the ruler from my desk and check that my feet were only 3 ½ inches apart. My legs used to touch from the knees up!! All I can say is holy crap!!

Now back to work with another smile plastered on my face all day long.