Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies Bandiversary Month

Ok - so I had my aughter take some pics today.

I am a little over a month my bandiversarry is 3/5.

the first set of pics was taken on 3/4 the day before surgery

the second set today 3/16

I ried to put on the same bathing suit but it was too big:biggrin:

post-216155-13813136708631_thumb.jpg

pala -

I've been felling that way too.

I haven't had a fill since last october maybe?

after that I was having lots of pbing so I figured I was good, but for the past two months I am hungry ALL DAY!

I can't wait to get another fill.

Sounds to me like we both found our "sweet spot" as they call it, but it's time to adjust again.

Talk to your nutritionist, remember to get enough Protein, especially for Breakfast, it really helps.

Hello fellow 2007 Marchies!! I can't believe it will be one year from my surgery on March 19th. I have worked soooooooo hard this year! The key for me has been going to the gym...it was the only thing that seemed to kick my metabolism into gear because I gotta say that when I laid off going to the gym I never lost any weight.

So here it is one year later...I still have not found it necessary to go in for a fill yet! I have good restriction most of the time. I eat what I want and make up for it, if need be, at the gym. I've slimed a couple times and thrown up twice since the surgery but I knew both times it was because I waited too long before eating and just ate way too fast. I took one or two bites and knew I was in trouble. Other than that I have not had any problems.

About 4 or 5 months ago, I noticed that my port seemed more sensitive and more pronounced than it had prior. I think I really irritated it on the recumbant bike when it was already sensitive from me having my period. Ever since then it has been a bit sensitive here and there and to me it seems like it sticks out more, but maybe that's only because I have less fat now to hide it. I don't know. I've had to relocate back to my hometown a couple months ago because of an illness in my family, so now I am back to the unfortunate place of having no health insurance...so getting my port checked out and my upper GI will have to wait a while. :(

I've lost 175 pounds since my surgery!! I totally cannot believe it. I still see myself as I was at 389 pounds even though I weigh 214 now. I have such a hard time buying clothes because I grab the 4x shirts and still truly cannot believe that there is a chance in hell that i can get into anything smaller. it's always a surprise to me that i can. always. i have no concept of what i look like now. it is the strangest thing. I have 75 more pounds i want to lose to get down to 140, which i think is a reasonable weight, but i wonder if i'll ever see myself as thin. I haven't weighed 214 pounds since I was a senior in high school and that was 20 years ago. It's all very very surreal. I haven't weighed 140 pounds since I was in FIRST grade! so if i got down to that weight it would be unbelievable.

One thing that is different for me is that I typically dated men who were more on the couch potato side of the fence. But after losing about 100 pounds I really wanted to date an active person who could challenge me physically. I met someone in November, during the time I was coming back and forth to visit my sick father. Besides being a wonderful guy he loves hiking and camping and skiing and all those other great outdoorsy activities that I have wanted to do but couldn't for such a long time.

March 19th is truly a very special day to me. I have heard many others call their bandiversary their birthday because it truly gives us a second chance at living our lives the way we wanted to but couldn't. At 389 pounds I was 20 pounds from a wheelchair or a heart attack. Now almost 1 year later and a lot of hours at the gym, I no longer feel trapped in my body. I no longer feel that I am passively existing, just waiting to die. I feel hopeful and optimistic about so many things in my life now. It is empowering to finally have some control and SUCCESS at setting goals and achieving them.

Good luck to all of us Marchies for continued good health and as being a means of support to one another. It meant so much to me esp in those first 6 months. I sure don't miss those xrays right after surgery...that was the worst! but if anyone is reading this who is considering surgery, i can't make the decision for you, but it gave me my life back and for that I will be forever grateful.

Cheers!

Virginia

Hello fellow 2007 Marchies!! I can't believe it will be one year from my surgery on March 19th. I have worked soooooooo hard this year! The key for me has been going to the gym...it was the only thing that seemed to kick my metabolism into gear because I gotta say that when I laid off going to the gym I never lost any weight.

So here it is one year later...I still have not found it necessary to go in for a fill yet! I have good restriction most of the time. I eat what I want and make up for it, if need be, at the gym. I've slimed a couple times and thrown up twice since the surgery but I knew both times it was because I waited too long before eating and just ate way too fast. I took one or two bites and knew I was in trouble. Other than that I have not had any problems.

About 4 or 5 months ago, I noticed that my port seemed more sensitive and more pronounced than it had prior. I think I really irritated it on the recumbant bike when it was already sensitive from me having my period. Ever since then it has been a bit sensitive here and there and to me it seems like it sticks out more, but maybe that's only because I have less fat now to hide it. I don't know. I've had to relocate back to my hometown a couple months ago because of an illness in my family, so now I am back to the unfortunate place of having no health insurance...so getting my port checked out and my upper GI will have to wait a while. :tt1:

I've lost 175 pounds since my surgery!! I totally cannot believe it. I still see myself as I was at 389 pounds even though I weigh 214 now. I have such a hard time buying clothes because I grab the 4x shirts and still truly cannot believe that there is a chance in hell that i can get into anything smaller. it's always a surprise to me that i can. always. i have no concept of what i look like now. it is the strangest thing. I have 75 more pounds i want to lose to get down to 140, which i think is a reasonable weight, but i wonder if i'll ever see myself as thin. I haven't weighed 214 pounds since I was a senior in high school and that was 20 years ago. It's all very very surreal. I haven't weighed 140 pounds since I was in FIRST grade! so if i got down to that weight it would be unbelievable.

One thing that is different for me is that I typically dated men who were more on the couch potato side of the fence. But after losing about 100 pounds I really wanted to date an active person who could challenge me physically. I met someone in November, during the time I was coming back and forth to visit my sick father. Besides being a wonderful guy he loves hiking and camping and skiing and all those other great outdoorsy activities that I have wanted to do but couldn't for such a long time.

March 19th is truly a very special day to me. I have heard many others call their bandiversary their birthday because it truly gives us a second chance at living our lives the way we wanted to but couldn't. At 389 pounds I was 20 pounds from a wheelchair or a heart attack. Now almost 1 year later and a lot of hours at the gym, I no longer feel trapped in my body. I no longer feel that I am passively existing, just waiting to die. I feel hopeful and optimistic about so many things in my life now. It is empowering to finally have some control and SUCCESS at setting goals and achieving them.

Good luck to all of us Marchies for continued good health and as being a means of support to one another. It meant so much to me esp in those first 6 months. I sure don't miss those xrays right after surgery...that was the worst! but if anyone is reading this who is considering surgery, i can't make the decision for you, but it gave me my life back and for that I will be forever grateful.

Cheers!

Virginia

I'm getting banded tomorrow and have about 180 total to lose and I came here to the March 2007 thread for some inspirational stories and yours just filled my heart with hope. Thanks for sharing your story. I definitely will take your advice about the gym and getting exercise because I want this weight off so bad I can taste it...LOL :(:biggrin::wink:

Yesterday was my official 1yr Bandiversary... I cant believe its already been this long....

Start Weight: 287.7lbs

Current Weight: 202lbs

Total Loss: 85.7lbs

First Major Goal is One-Lander... Only 3lbs more!!!!

Good Morning

Just wanted to thank TammyJ, Gkeyt, OhJuli & Foofy for alll the kinds words. You ladies have no idea how much your words mean to me:tt1::tt2:, it's been a tough weekend just having to think about what could be. And I decided not to cry about it anymore, all I can do is wait until Wednesday and then wait for results. :cool:

My Faith is & had always been in GOD and I cant let this trial make my faith weak!

so with that being said I'm pulling myself up by the BootStraps and I'm getting ready to ride this thing out ALL the WAY!!!!...:mad2:

So I haven't posted anything in months and months and I doubt anyone even remembers me, BUT.. my name was on the list so I decided to update.

My Stats:

Highest 261

Surgery 3/2/07 258

Current 3/17/08 168

I have been fighting with the same 4 lbs for 3-4 months and it made me feel better to come here and see that I'm not alone with the stalls in weight loss. I even started back to the gym a month ago and it didn't get rid of those horrible 4 lbs that keep going up and down! So.. I went through my kitchen and got rid of the foods that aren't good for me that I eat the most of. (I have several different foods that I don't allow myself to buy anymore just because I eat too much of them.) Anyway, I'm going to have to start over and measure my foods, eat Protein first, time myself so I don't eat for more than 20-30 mins (that is a HUGE issue with me), count calories and only eat 3 times a day. I think I'm going to start hanging around here on a more regular basis too because reading all the posts today really gave me inspiration to do better. I have been cheating for months and that's why I can't get out of the weight range I'm in and I'm admitting it!! :mad2:

So I haven't posted anything in months and months and I doubt anyone even remembers me, BUT.. my name was on the list so I decided to update.

My Stats:

Highest 261

Surgery 3/2/07 258

Current 3/17/08 168

I have been fighting with the same 4 lbs for 3-4 months and it made me feel better to come here and see that I'm not alone with the stalls in weight loss. I even started back to the gym a month ago and it didn't get rid of those horrible 4 lbs that keep going up and down! So.. I went through my kitchen and got rid of the foods that aren't good for me that I eat the most of. (I have several different foods that I don't allow myself to buy anymore just because I eat too much of them.) Anyway, I'm going to have to start over and measure my foods, eat Protein first, time myself so I don't eat for more than 20-30 mins (that is a HUGE issue with me), count calories and only eat 3 times a day. I think I'm going to start hanging around here on a more regular basis too because reading all the posts today really gave me inspiration to do better. I have been cheating for months and that's why I can't get out of the weight range I'm in and I'm admitting it!! :biggrin:

Wow, hlayne! 93 lbs. is awesome! You've done great. Glad you reported in. Good luck on your new goals and commitment. You'll have those last pounds off in no time!

Hlayne

Congrats on your weight loss!

How about I join you on your Quest to get back to basics? I had my blood work drawn today, being a year out, and I realize I'm not doing all that I should be doing.

I don't take my Vitamins. I eat too much bread, crackers and other simple carbs. My fill is tight so I tend eat the easy things, not what I should be eating.

So my goal is to get look at my food diaries from last spring and start eating like I used to...baked fish, veggies, yogurt, drink my Water. I want to be at goal by the end of 08.

With spring coming I'll be outside and more active. I can't help myself when it's pretty outdoors!

Hlayne

Congrats on your weight loss!

How about I join you on your Quest to get back to basics? I had my blood work drawn today, being a year out, and I realize I'm not doing all that I should be doing.

I don't take my Vitamins. I eat too much bread, crackers and other simple carbs. My fill is tight so I tend eat the easy things, not what I should be eating.

So my goal is to get look at my food diaries from last spring and start eating like I used to...baked fish, veggies, yogurt, drink my Water. I want to be at goal by the end of 08.

With spring coming I'll be outside and more active. I can't help myself when it's pretty outdoors!

I went back to the basics and the scale is moving again... I am closer to onelander.. 1.5 more pounds to weigh 199.. So hitting it by March 27 is completely possible... One-lander is a great birthday present to yourself.. Don't you think so?!?!?!

But i absolutely can not wait till we have nice warm weather again.. I can go walking with my dog and bike riding again .. i miss doing that...

Today i went and got a slight unfil... because i was getting bad heartburn and let me tell you i was able to eat a proper bandster meal without getting heartburn.. He only took out .4cc's but what a huge difference!!!! He said he was going to take out enough so i no longer have heartburn but i still have restriction.. and that is exactly what he did!!!:thumbup:

Texas-Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you and will keep you in my prayers.

TammyJ and Nikki-You both look just “fabulous darling”. I mean that. I plan on posting my pre and post photos this week. I hope to look as good. I still see myself as the same as before. I know that I am in smaller clothes and the scale isn’t reading so high, but I still see myself in the mirror as the same person as I was a year ago. But back then, when I looked in the mirror I didn’t see a fat person either (photos were another story). So maybe my perception of myself has finally caught up with what I really look like, if that makes any sense.

Texas-Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you and will keep you in my prayers.

TammyJ and Nikki-You both look just “fabulous darling”. I mean that. I plan on posting my pre and post photos this week. I hope to look as good. I still see myself as the same as before. I know that I am in smaller clothes and the scale isn’t reading so high, but I still see myself in the mirror as the same person as I was a year ago. But back then, when I looked in the mirror I didn’t see a fat person either (photos were another story). So maybe my perception of myself has finally caught up with what I really look like, if that makes any sense.

It actually makes complete sense... i feel exactly the same way!!!!:lol: