Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies Bandiversary Month

Hi Everyone, Tammyj...

As for acid reflux and bloaty feeling, how late is your last meal and you may be taking in too much air as you chew. As explained to me by my doctor. It's suggested that you drink a glass of Water to flush out the pouch prior to bedtime.

Of course an unfill like you said may be needed. Maybe not complete, but back to the 2cc. Then log what you eat to narrow down what foods you may not be able to eat "at this time". My nutirtionist suggested not to eat any meats or veggies that may be stringy or dry. i.e. chicken breasts & beef, broccoli etc. We're still learning a new way of eating, so don't get discouraged. It will work, we just have to find out the right formula. I know I am.

Your doctor suggested that the barium should not of caused you to get sick, but maybe it did and maybe it didn't. I was given a medication that is "supposed to of not caused the reaction I had." But, became sick everytime I took it. When I stopped, I didn't anymore. Why, only my body knows.

You said you only had 2cc left and not the 2.75cc, why did you lose .75cc? Doesn't that happen when there's a leak in your band?

I have an appt. w/ my doctor today and I changed my mind about getting another fill. Especially since all the issues I'm having now from my last fill. I won't get an unfill, just going to give it more time to work w/ what I have.

So, hope you fell better soon and let us know what happens?

Thanks Janine, I'm not really having an issue of being too tight, I'm still on liquids of course, but seem to be handling them just fine. The acid reflux started even before the fill. I've been thinking about you lately and I hope things are getting better for you!

Thanks Whitepants, to answer your question. I asked the doc the same thing about only having 2cc left and he says that is does happen. I hadn't had a fill since last April and he says over time it can happen, but not necessarily from a leak, but I will make sure he checks for a leak next time. Even at 2cc I was having the acid reflux issue so going back to 2cc will probably not make a difference. As far as my eating, even when I didn't have a thing to eat after lunch I still experienced the acid reflux at night. Actually, I'm not sure if it's even acid reflux, it's more like spitting up. If I drank Water before bed, the Water would come back up at night as well. Right now I'm only on Clear Liquids from my fill on Monday and I still have the spitting up episodes at night. Yesterday, I had horrible gas pains in my lower abdomen, right under my breast and in my shoulder. The pain would go away briefly after a belch, but would come right back again. Since when does water cause gas and bloating...what gives UGH!!!!! I'm going back in tomorrow for the unfill to see if it corrects the problem.

Thanks again ladies!!!

TammyJ-Our support group meeting was last Monday and the dr that did our surgeries was there and did a talk on complication. There were two things that she stressed, 1) Abdominal pain is not normal and 2) If you are having reflux and can’t keep anything down, get in and get seen. She had photos of surgeries that she had done on both lap and RNY patients. I found it quite interesting; others thought it was too graphic. She explained with each photo what had happened and what the symptoms where. I know that they just did a check and that everything looks fine, but I would demand that they get to the bottom of your reflux/vomiting.

Janine-I am so sorry about you losing your band. I know that we have never met but I think of you as my band sister and I always loved reading your post. You have always had an encouraging word whenever someone needed it. Please stay around and keep us posted on your progress. Remember that you will always have friends here and we will all be here to support you in any way we can. You don’t even have to ask. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

TammyJ-Our support group meeting was last Monday and the dr that did our surgeries was there and did a talk on complication. There were two things that she stressed, 1) Abdominal pain is not normal and 2) If you are having reflux and can’t keep anything down, get in and get seen. She had photos of surgeries that she had done on both lap and RNY patients. I found it quite interesting; others thought it was too graphic. She explained with each photo what had happened and what the symptoms where. I know that they just did a check and that everything looks fine, but I would demand that they get to the bottom of your reflux/vomiting.

Janine-I am so sorry about you losing your band. I know that we have never met but I think of you as my band sister and I always loved reading your post. You have always had an encouraging word whenever someone needed it. Please stay around and keep us posted on your progress. Remember that you will always have friends here and we will all be here to support you in any way we can. You don’t even have to ask. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Mrs. Husker! I agree there has to be something wrong that they are not seeing and I won't stop until the problem is fixed. One things for sure...I still LOVE my band and I have faith in it!!!!

So one year ago today, I was just waking up after surgery. And I felt like crap. Today, I feel great. I'm only down 45lbs since the surgery, and I feel like I could have done so much better, but at the same time, I'm soooo glad that the 45lbs is gone for good! Happy Anniversary Marchies!

So one year ago today, I was just waking up after surgery. And I felt like crap. Today, I feel great. I'm only down 45lbs since the surgery, and I feel like I could have done so much better, but at the same time, I'm soooo glad that the 45lbs is gone for good! Happy Anniversary Marchies!

HAPPY BANDIVERSARY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!:w00t::thumbup:

Mrs Husker

Thank you for the kind words. I think we always kinda had a bond because we were banded on the same day.

I couldn't have said it better it is like we are banded sisters in this group.

Thanks again everyone for the support.

It is quite sad though that now that I am unbanded I hear what others in my life "really" think. Ladies it's not good. They are disin the band left and right. If I could turn back the hands of time I still would be banded. I never, never lost weight the way I did being banded. What I went through this last week was scary and frighting, but so is being 271 lbs. going to sleep every night with sleep apnea and not wondering if I am going to get up in the morning or be found dead. Or having my organs, liver, and stomach encased in fat. Or the high cholesterol and high blood pressure.

They are telling me that it was unnatural, that I did not need it, that with proper diet and exercise You can lose weight, well duh, I feel like saying.

I am a true supporter of the band, I really am.

I look forward to following everyone's journey as you glide into the next year. Kudos to everyone!!!:thumbdown:

Hi Ladies!

Haven't been here since??? I'm so glad to see some familiar faces.Yesterday was my bandiversary and I realized that I had "let myself go". I got back into the taking care of others place that I hide in when I don't want to work at taking care of myself. :thumbup:

I need you guys!!!!

I'll have to go back and read to see where evryone is at but I just wanted to take the first step and log in before I head out the door today.

I hope everyone is going strong!!!!

Hi Ladies!

Haven't been here since??? I'm so glad to see some familiar faces.Yesterday was my bandiversary and I realized that I had "let myself go". I got back into the taking care of others place that I hide in when I don't want to work at taking care of myself. :thumbup:

I need you guys!!!!

I'll have to go back and read to see where evryone is at but I just wanted to take the first step and log in before I head out the door today.

I hope everyone is going strong!!!!

First, Congratulations on hitting your 1 year mark!!!! :cursing:

It is so easy to fall of track, but luckily our band is always in place when we're ready to use it. At one point I had forgotten so many of the basic lapband rules so I just started back at the beginning by measuring my foods/counting calories and making sure I got my Protein first. You can do this, and all the Marchies are here for support. :thumbup:

Hi Marchies. I'm looking forward to Saturday, my anniversary.

I hope everyone is feeling well.

OH Juli - How great to see that you are still here!

You really are quite an inspiration!

All of you are! I am so excited to hear how far everyone has come, it really gives me renewed faith!

One of my best freinds will be banded on the 13th this month, she says that I inspired her. It's funny to hear that from her because I am so dissapointed in myself :crying: Why do I continually beat myself up?

I haven't lost anything in about three months, I was laid off at Xmas and don't have any insurance now. so I can't afford to get a fill.

On a more positive note I have not gained any weight! I have foever lost those 57 lbs and gave away my size 22s and 24s. I had to go and buy a new suit for my interviews and purchased a 16!! Actually it was a size 2 at Lane Bryant (they have some new sizing system) LOL I Love it!!!

Tammy-

Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration!

You look mahvalous darlink!!

I'm typing while having my protein! 8 oz of cottage cheese for breakfast!

(I don't like eggs)

I hear you Nikki, I've pretty much been "maintaining" this winter. Havent gained, but havent lost either. Up and down the same 2-3 lbs the last 4 months.

Started back with my walking last week and I have to say I feel much better about myself.

Nervous about seeing the Dr. on Monday.

Guess I'm afraid of a "what the hell you been doing all winter?" lecture.

Ready to get back on track with my band. Perhaps I need a slight fill.

Counting calories on fitday and exercising at least 4 day a week! That's my goal for now.

Hi Nikki welcome back. I was on a no weight lose for 4 months. The good thing is that you did not gain back what you lost. We all can attest to that. For once you start to lose again, it'll melt off first then you begin to lose almost steadily. Once we learn to not beat up ourselves, we can move on. Just stay the course, continue to weigh your foods, stay in your calorie range, exercise and drink your Water, you're good. All of that will help you maintain then eventually lose.

Glad to see everyone is able to get back to posting again.

I broke through my very long plateau!!! I was so happy to be able to change my sig line. It is amazing when I realize that I am only 39 lbs from my personal goal. It is also amazing how seeing that scale go down 2 lbs can really lift ones spirits. I can’t believe it. My one year is March 20 and I had hoped to be at 170 by then, but am very happy with what I have accomplished. Without the band, and the support of each and everyone one of you, I would have never made it this far. So I want to say once again, Thank you. I can’t wait to see what next year is going to bring.

I have decided to stop setting mini goals for myself. If I don’t achieve them I become depressed and down on myself. So instead of saying to myself “You dolt, you didn’t exercise last night”, I am just going to remind myself “Way to go, you exercised ___ times this week”. I like to look at the whole picture and that makes me happy!!