Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for May

Congrats to

May 6 bandsters- Shawna, Jemo97, Cherj60 I hope everything went magnificiently.

And best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery to May 7- bandsters Makeupqueen, Mely, Ellen, Pix, JRFAN88

Day 2 of pre op diet(getting a tiny head start on the two week thing) I am doing fine with no slip-ups thus far. Of course it is only day 2.

Unjury Protein powders are really good btw. Imho the chocolate is better than the vanilla. Although my mom likes the vanilla better. I am going to try the unflavored in chicken broth tomorrow for lunch.

Have a super HUMP day everyone!

:) I am so excited for everyone...

Bandfan1 I sure have enjoyed our conversations...it really helps to know what is ahead...:thumbup:

May is such a horrible month for me with end of school and I am in charge of 3 different "food" events!!! UGH!!

I am doing great on my "plan" but boy...I sure could be stress eating...which brings me to my next point...

Did all of you banded..... and those of you May flowers in waiting...are you getting "bit##y" :) with stress maybe?

Even though I am excited, I am sooooo uneven right now...must be the stress of all AND the upcoming surgery...and not eating for comfort???

Anyone know what I mean? I just sorta tell it like it is lately....:)

I am actually shocking some people with my bluntness!:thumbup:

Oh well...maybe I'm on the road to be one of those, pardon the expression..."Skinny Bi###es"!:thumbup:

Please tell me I'm not alone because I am usually not like this...:thumbup:

Well, TTFN

Hey Amsderb!! You have already heard my bi%#@!! Yes I am still a little stressed out. May is a great time to be banded, but it is also the equivalent to Christmas with activities, graduations and communions in my case. I have my daughter's communion on Saturday.

My biggest frustration is that since I can't lift anything, I have to depend on my family to get things done to prepare for this party. Usually I plant flowers and it takes all of 3 hours...it took my family 3 days to get this done :). I borrowed a power washer to clean around the house. My son used it for 5 minutes and it broke!!! My husband was supposed to be home on Sunday to get things done. He got a call for work at 9am and was out of the house for the rest of the day :angry_smile:. NOTHING IS GETTING DONE!!!:cursing: Ok, now I feel better!! :smile2: I know that it will all get done, just not in the manner that it would if I was able to work at 100% capacity.

The doctors orders are don't drive for a week!! HA!! I had to go grocery shopping 2 days after my surgery!!!

I hope this makes you feel better Amsderb. I think that many of us are in the same or similar situations. Before the surgery, we tend to "nest" to try to get everything done. It is human nature.....

Have a great day everyone!!!

:cursing: I am so excited for everyone...

Bandfan1 I sure have enjoyed our conversations...it really helps to know what is ahead...:thumbup:

May is such a horrible month for me with end of school and I am in charge of 3 different "food" events!!! UGH!!

I am doing great on my "plan" but boy...I sure could be stress eating...which brings me to my next point...

Did all of you banded..... and those of you May flowers in waiting...are you getting "bit##y" :angry_smile: with stress maybe?

Even though I am excited, I am sooooo uneven right now...must be the stress of all AND the upcoming surgery...and not eating for comfort???

Anyone know what I mean? I just sorta tell it like it is lately....:)

I am actually shocking some people with my bluntness!:crying:

Oh well...maybe I'm on the road to be one of those, pardon the expression..."Skinny Bi###es"!:w00t:

Please tell me I'm not alone because I am usually not like this...:smile2:

Well, TTFN

Hi there,

I am getting ready for 5/22. I start the liquid phase tomorrow. i was fine until last night. I started with not being able to sleep and so on. It is normal. I had three surgeries in the past year. I did fine with all of them and we will all do fine with this one. I find keeping myself busy all day works ...as well as when I get tired in the evening just fall asleep and ivo the shows. If I do not do that that is when I am up all night. Do not woory everything will be fine.

Best of luck to all of us!!!

Helen

I'm on board with all of you. I have been UBER stressed lately, but not outwardly feeling it if that makes sense. I'm more snappy than ever, can't sleep, feel overly emotional, etc. I start my liquid diet on Friday epm316, so I'm right with you. Let me know how it goes for you, I'm worried the stressy reactions above will just get worse! Ha ha, only 2 weeks and I'll be in surgery, holy cow where did the time go!!

I go in next Tuesday, May 13. It's not real yet. Anyone have that feeling? When I talk about it, I feel like I'm talking about someone else.

I got my surgery date today...May 15th:tt1:, thats only a week away. I am a little freaked out, it is pretty real, for so long I was able to think of it as something that might happen, or was going to happen some time, but now I have a date. I only have to do a 3 day preop liquid diet, so that is really great. I am looking forward to getting this over with, I have never had any kind of surgery so I am pretty nervous, but still really excited. Best of luck to everyone.

~Chris:rolleyes2:

Congrats to those of you that just got your dates!!

Yes, we may not outwardly seem stressed but I am sure snappy too! I know we will all be fine...I had surgery last summer and did great but it does feel like I have been talking about this as if it would be someone else and someday....

NOW IT IS ALMOST HERE!!!! YIKES!!!

It is so funny how emotional this is...the other night I was telling a coworker of my DH's that I was having the band and I almost started tearing up!!! Like - I feel so grateful that the decision has been made and it is going to happen...and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel .... so it is relief and anxiety at the same time!!

I tend to analyze everything so that doesn't help right now...LOL

TTFN Shelley

so today i started Optifast the liquid diet... so far so good havent been hungry or anything. im really pumped and cant wait to get banded oh another thing is that they switched my band date. it was the 26th but it is memorial day and they made a mistake so it is going to be on the 27th instead

I was banded 2 days ago, on May 6th.

I am very happy, but I thought that the surgery would be easier. I feel like I have been stabbed 5 times in the gut! Which is basically what happened. Today I feel a bit better. My gas is in my lower abdomen. Today, I actually hear my stomach growling, wanting to eat. I am sipping on Isopure to get my Protein in.

I will post more later. Good luck to all the May Bandsters!

everyone's body is different and we all have different tolerences for pain.

glad to hear you're doing a little better <3 keep us posted on your progress.:thumbup:

WOW I am behind in my reading and some of these Mayzies have already been banded and some today ..(May 8th) I am so happy for everyone .. Can't wait to know everyone is OK and on to the new life ..

May 19th here and nervous and so excited it is all I can talk about ...

So glad you are all out there