Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for May

Yea BandFan1 You know I am proud of you...thanks for sharing all the scoop and poop as they say!

I am officially banded!! Got home from hospital today at 1pm. Everything went very smoothly. Bad reaction to morphine, but otherwise ok!! I have had other abdominal surgeries and this one was the easiest by far!!!

Thanks for all of your well-wishes!! I felt the "love" in the hospital!!

Originally my doc had me on 1 slimfast per day (after Clear Liquids for 2 days) for 2 weeks. When he saw me today, he told me to move my appt. up 1 whole week!! He made my day!!

I plan to spend the weekend pampering myself...walking, sipping, breathing and sleeping!!

All the best to all of you "bandsters to be"...it's a snap!!!!

:party:Hey Bandfan, I can't wait to hear more of your success. All of you early May Flowers will be great encouragement for us late bloomers! I'm starting to get really nervous. :frown: My doctor starts us with a 2wk liquid pre-op diet. After surgery, clear liquids for 7 days; Liquid Protein for 3 weeks; then soft foods weeks 4-6; and finally solid foods at week 7. I'm hungry just thinking about it, I better grab a snack.. or two!! :)

I am all for the support. Think the journey will be more fun with all the help. I have been reading things on this site for at least a month and all the information has been very helpful. Yea for May 8.

I am May 8th. No pre-op diet for me. To be honest, I've been on the Last Supper Tour a lil too much ;(

I'm trying though, starting all Slim Fast and fruit tomorrow morning to try to slim down a lil before the big day.

Hi Nicole,

I didn't really have a chance to do the Last Supper thing. I saw my doctor on Monday afternoon and he wanted me to start Protein Shake Pre-Op on Wednesday!

It had been two days since I started the diet, and so far so good.

Just wanted to tell you what one of my Bandster friend told me... "If you have a pre-op diet to follow, stick to it... if you cheat on a diet, you only cheatin' yourself.... "

Take care~!

I am going through last suppering right now... have had the surgery scheduled for almost 2 months now and will be banded at the end of May - 27th. I am eating at the all the restaurants and eating all the foods that I for sure know that I won't be able to tolerate or eat after banding... however, once I start my pre-op diet, I will stick to it strictly and have made the mental comittment that once that is started, I will life a banded life and not eat around the band as to cause problems that sometimes don't come up for 2-4 years after banding. I don't want to lose my band. I start my pre-op diet the Monday after next. Yikes, it's coming quickly... going to the movies today to have my last heavily buttered movie popcorn... I have accepted that I won't be able to eat it again! I am ok with that, but do want my one last pig out!

Kammi in Everett, WA

ugh Kammi I am totally PIGGING out!!! I'm sure it will get even worse the last week before my liquid diet, which is er, next week? :) pizza is my favorite food!!! (I'm eating it right now...) Oh food... If I could only eat pizza the rest of my life I would be ok with that.... I'm going to miss it SO much! I hope I'm lucky enough to tolerate a slice or 2 once in a great while....

Allison,

Just remember about the pizza though... even if you can tolerate it, it might not be a good idea to eat it.... I have heard emergency room stories about pizza and other breads and the Lap Band. Just be careful!

Kammi in Everett, WA

hey guys its been a while but im back lol i start the liquid diet on thursday i cant wait i know its going to be hard but i love challanges lol hey who know it might not be... i too have been having the last supper for the past week lol well congratulations to those mays who have been banded :) and good luck to those of us who havent yet...

I also was doing the "last supper" thing. Now that I am banded (3 days), I am realizing how much I really snacked. Everytime I get the urge, I just have a sip of Water or a cup of broth......

Don't be too hard on yourself. Enjoy the food while you can because once you are banded, there can be NO cheating!!! It would help if you cut back a little bit, just so you can get your head into the game.

It's been 3 days since I have been banded and so far it has been a piece of cake (no pun intended!!:)). I have had very little pain and was up walking right away. I think the walking right away is what made me feel so good....I can't stand sitting in a bed (especially a hospital bed!!). No shoulder pain, just expelling gas :)!! It's all good!!!!!

Good luck to all of you. I'll be cheering you on!!!!

I started this process back in August with my sister. We have gone to almost all appointments together and are great support for each other. She had her surgery on April 3 and she is doing great. I am having mine on May 6(same surgeon). I went with my sister when she had hers and I saw her daily after so it is nice to know what to expect. She will be with me when I have mine so it will also be great to have someone with me that will know exactly how I am feeling and what I need. Can't get much better than that!:)

Lisamae, that must be really nice to have such a great support system!! I would love to know someone close to me who was also banded, I think it would really help with a lot of things, especially just having someone who knows what your are going through! How is your sister doing with her band??

My husband is getting banded at the same time as me and also my parents are being banded 2 days after us as well. We all spend so much time together and we all need it, so we made a hard decision to all have it done. I don't think that we would be as successful if only one or two of us had it done. I am excited to for once be and active and healthy family together!

Kammi in Everett, WA

soon to be banded 5/27/08

Dr. Kuri - Mexico

Lisamae & Kamikola: It's great that you will be surrounded by support!! That is key!!

It's been 3 days now for me and I have zero complaints!!!!

HI all, I am scheduled with Dr Jay Jan in Portland Oregon on May 15. 2pm does not sound great to me but I will take what I can get. You all sound very up and enthusiastic - no cold feet here! Want to hear how everybody is feeling! gotta get myself a ticker!

It's been 3 days now for me and I have zero complaints!!!!

That's GREAT to hear -- I'm hoping for the same results!!

Blessings on your continued journey :blush: