Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for May

OK. I have 15 days.

FIFTEEN days.

I've been trying to wean myself from diet sodas. That's going to be my downfall. And coffee. I ordered half Decaf the other day at my favorite restaurant and I think the waitress thought I'd lost my mind. :thumbup: They bring you a whole personal pot of coffee to sit at the table, so I just looked at her and said, "fill the pot half full of regular and then top it off with decaf". Duh. I couldn't really tell a difference, thankfully, but I have a feeling I'm going to be missing coffee something terrible.

The only thing the nurse told me over the phone was that I'd be "clear liquids" the 24 hours prior to my surgery. That was it. I've been expecting some godawful pre-op diet that required me to only drink blue sodas every fifth bathroom trip and to stand on my head while eating my yogurt or something. :thumbup:

F I F T E E N D A Y S ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I will probably explode before then. At least it will save the doctor the surgery time. :thumbup:

Its insane isn't it!?!?!? I can't believe we only have 15 days left, even less if you count the start of my liquid diet, which I start on the 19th!!!!!! Part of me is already really sad about all this, I feel like I'm gonna miss my old life! It revolved around food! Me and my friends always go out to eat, that is like, the only social thing we seem to do anymore. I'm so scared!!! BUT I'm so excited to! I'm still in the process of cleaning my room, I've been working on it for a while now, it really was a disaster area, you've never seen a more messy room, on tv or in real life. I want to paint and get every neat and tidy before surgery.

Ugh, I don't drink soda or coffee already, I've just never liked it, so that won't be a problem, I think it will be all the fast food! My friends and I always hit fast food places, I don't want to be the buzz kill, "ehh guys I can't eat here..." Who knows, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Good luck!!!!!! :thumbup:

I am on for tomorrow! I was on a last holiday with ice creasm - have not stopped the diet pepsi - going to go cold turkey. wish me luck!

Its insane isn't it!?!?!? I can't believe we only have 15 days left, even less if you count the start of my liquid diet, which I start on the 19th!!!!!! Part of me is already really sad about all this, I feel like I'm gonna miss my old life! It revolved around food! Me and my friends always go out to eat, that is like, the only social thing we seem to do anymore. I'm so scared!!! BUT I'm so excited to! I'm still in the process of cleaning my room, I've been working on it for a while now, it really was a disaster area, you've never seen a more messy room, on tv or in real life. I want to paint and get every neat and tidy before surgery.

Ugh, I don't drink soda or coffee already, I've just never liked it, so that won't be a problem, I think it will be all the fast food! My friends and I always hit fast food places, I don't want to be the buzz kill, "ehh guys I can't eat here..." Who knows, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Good luck!!!!!! :thumbup:

Allison,

I love to eat too. I have looked at the earlier bandster threads about food always being on our minds, and some people say that you become less obsessed as you lose the weight. I can't see that happening, but I hope so...

You can eat fast food, just choose healthier options and eat the Protein first, ie no bun???

Thanks! Congrats on hitting the under 40 BMI mark!!!! Like my mom used to say before her 40th birthday, 39 and 40 might not be THAT different, but 39 sure looks a hell of a lot better!!! hahaha! I know I will be a little more rationale after surgery, right now I'm just having some intense pre-surgery jitters and am just finding more and more excuses to freak out lol.

Good luck tomorrow OregonRose!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey you all!!! Just checking in....

Caffine and coffee...I have had some but am not starting my day with it so...I guess I'll be completely off soon???

soda...no problem..

fast food...no problem...

Sugar....A PROBLEM! I am not having a lot but I still crave and give in once in awhile...had 3 cookies...small...at school today but I used to eat like 20 so....

Hey Bandfan1....I LOVE that you are off your meds and that you used my exit logo ...as in Ta Ta For Now...

TTFN...Shelley

Hang in everyone!

I get baneded on May 19th 3 more days on this liquied diet and I would kill for a diet pepsi! LOL So far I haven't found the liquid diet all that bad I just miss chewing something- I am the queen of different flavored Tomato Soups at this point!

I have to be at the hospital at 6:45 am its going to be a long day-

best to everyone in May!

Since I have been banded, I only drink 1/2 cup of coffee in the morning. I just don't want any more than that!!

If you are doing well on the pre-op, I would say give yourself 1 more diet soda as a reward because you WILL NOT be able to drink it AT ALL after you are banded!!

Good luck to all of you who are being banded next week!! It really is a snap!!!

Opinion #2

Do NOT have the diet pepsi! Think how proud you will feel knowing that you followed what was the healthy thing for you to do. The pepsi is not the treat for you; making the right decision IS THE TREAT!

Also, we need to change our mindset that food is a reward of some kind. One pepsi for being good on the preop leads to 2 Hershey kisses for doing well in surgery to 3 Cookies for blah, blah, blah....we ALL know the rest of the story.

You did well on the preop? Great! Get a manicure! Buy a shirt that will fit soon! Treat yourself to a magazine subscription! Food is not a reward; food is nutrition. True, some nutrition tastes better than others--haha!

Suffering on the preop diet? Suffering on the postop diet (I was banded 3 days ago) WEREN"T WE ALREADY SUFFERING ENOUGH??

Don't use willpower. MAKE THE DECISION TO CHANGE!

(I submit this knowing that I am not a physician and this is only an opinion and other opinions have every right to be here too!)

Judy

Good luck to all of you who are being banded next week!! It really is a snap!!!

thanks for that!! i know im over the nervousness; i just want to have it done and begin the healing process....not much to go! :thumbup:

That's good advice Judy!!!

The only reason I'd say I'm suffering post-op is because my port incision is SORE. UGH. BUT, I'm only 2 days post-op so I don't expect I'll be feeling anywhere close to normal for another week or so. I am finding though that the more I get up and move the less it hurts. I took a five hour nap earlier and when I tried to get up- OUCH!!!! lol.

Hey you all! I just had a long week at school and am sooooo ready for it to be over next week...and then it is Band Day! OMG!!!! I am a bit nerveous but all of you have helped sooooo much!

Bandfan 1...Good for you at cutting back the coffee!

Well, tomorrow morning is my Upper GI. The first of two visits this week. YIPES, it's gonna be here before I know it.

Went grocery shopping today. My Pre-OP diet starts Tuesday. Our fridge is now filled with cottage cheese, V8, puddings, SF cremesicles and fudgesicles.

One step at a time.

Hey you all! I just had a long week at school and am sooooo ready for it to be over next week...and then it is Band Day! OMG!!!! I am a bit nerveous but all of you have helped sooooo much!

Bandfan 1...Good for you at cutting back the coffee!

The closer it gets to the end it seems the longer the weeks are. My 2nd graders are absolutly NUTS! Today was 54 students, 15 parents on a hot bus for 4 hours for a fieldtrip. The activity was great but the bus ride was NOT! I too am thankful that next week is it for the regular school year and then to bandland!

I am actually kinda freaking out right now.:thumbup: I am in the single digit on number of days for. I hope this is normal. I just keep thinking of all the work in my classroom I still have to do and then there is the surgery. And least we should forget the stinking gas prices and screwed up economy and here I am spending all our savings on me.

Lord give me the strength to calm myself down. I can do all things.

Thanks for listening and such. :thumbup:

Shelly

Shelly, I KNOW how it is and how you feel...except I also know I work hard all the time and I DESERVE to have this done for ME...ME....ME! I think of all the money I have wasted on Diet Centers.....bigger clothes, diet food, diet pills, and such...Then I think about how many Doctor bills I would have if I continued on this Morbid Obesity Rollercoaster and how all the health issues are just coming in now....

Not to mention...I'm sure I have strained my knees and hips with a 300 plus weight for at least 7 years or more?....So ....money on the lap band? Well, just the food savings alone should make up the difference if that is what you want to look at...We were bad about going out to eat.....now...I can split, do a side only.... or bring home several days "lunches" at every meal.

Being a teacher, we are so used to doing for others and not ourselves...fairly common in the profession...Well...This is our time! Good Luck!

Shelley

Well, I did it. Thursday, May 15, I was banded. The staff and other patients (bandsters and non-bandsers alike) were a lot of fun. I want to post more, and I will. I feel so badly, as I forgot the name of my ward-mate and co-bander. While we didn't talk a lot, we still had fun and I felt so much more support seeing a face that was so quickly familiar.

How are you?? How are you feeling? Thank you for the smiles, the luck, and the laughter.