Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for May

I'm scheduled for May 15th at the University of Washington in Seattle! I cannot wait. I'm trying to diet now in order to shrink my liver. I went for my first walk yesterday (I used to be such an avid walker! what happened?!) and I was dying. I walked for 20 minutes and went back home. I felt like such a slug, but...I got out there. Huffin' and puffin' all the way. Lord, help me!

EricaLyn, Congratulations!!! I am scheduled for May 1st...right around the corner!! I am very excited.. I went to my pre-op testing today and that really made it seem very "real"!!

Good luck with everything and keep us posted!!

:thumbup::thumbup::crying::thumbup:

hey Allison,

glad things went well with your Mom. telling family members when you can already expect opposition (or at the very least, hesitation) is really difficult - I've totally been there! I'll be threading about my experience with my sister soon.

you hit the nail on the head, though - educating those who are unsure of what you're doing is the very best thing to do. I think people who are not sure of what you're about to do are the most reluctant to be supportive. the more they know, the more they will be able to understand. whether or not they exercise that ability is all up to them..

anyway, just wanted to congrat you on your difficult convo. doesn't it feel better getting it off your chest? :crying:

Thanks! Yeah it really does feel SO MUCH better now that I told her. I don't plan on telling that many people, the only one whose opinion I really care about is my mom. I'm really excited! I have my appointment with the nutritionist tomorrow. I actually have to call them now and give them some more info. :thumbup:

Thank you BANDFAN1 for your thoughts. You have made so much sense about only telling the people you can depend on and all others scratch off the list.

CRYSTAL, my MAY 8th buddy. We are getting there. Hope things are going good for you.

I am so excited about this and yet worried about the pre-op two week liquid diet and if I can keep it a secret from some of my family. I guess I have to worry about the post-op liquid to mushy foods weeks also.

I will do what I have to for my health and because I am so tired of just being over-weight. That is why we are all here.

I love you all and continue to wish everyone well.

MAE-I am also nervous about the 2 wk. liquid pre-op diet and the diets we have to follow the first 6 wks. post op. I am wondering if I will have enough energy to work and do everything else being on the liquid diet. I am hoping it will be a blessing though and I will lose a significant amount of weight before the surgery. I am ready to make the changes, but also scared of making those changes and wondering "Can I REALLY do this?" Having a great place like LBT to go for support and support of my family will help. Best wishes to you and also to your Mother.

Erica... where are you from, I am in Everett.

Kammi in Everett, WA

soon to be banded 5/27/08

Dr. Kuri - Mexico

Hi everyone,

I am praying that I will be banded in May with Dr. Francis in Orange County, CA. I, hopefully, will find out this week my surgery date. It is nice to have this support here for us.

Do we have a name yet?

i.e. May Flowers

Edited by angelic_1

Hi there ....My date is also the 22nd. Congrats

Yeah, another 22nd B-dayer, apparently we have quite a few of us (of course)!

Erica/Kammi-I'm also in the Seattle area, lots of local fans here. Well technically I'm living in Puyallup, work in Seattle, and my surgery is in Federal Way! Ha ha, yes it's true, I travel around Puget Sound too much.

Hi everyone,

I am praying that I will be banded in May with Dr. Francis in Orange County, CA. I, hopefully, will find out this week my surgery date. It is nice to have this support here for us.

Do we have a name yet?

i.e. May Flowers

hi angelic! where in oc do you live? i live in norwalk and work in westminster. its nice to meet a local band buddy. ;) i'll keep my fingers crossed for you for a may date!

yes, we are the MAY FLOWERS <3

Erica... where are you from, I am in Everett.

Kammi in Everett, WA

soon to be banded 5/27/08

Dr. Kuri - Mexico

I live in Kirkland, WA. I work in downtown Seattle though. You're going to Mexico for your surgery? How exciting!

hey guys!

I'm going to be banded some time in May (I hope!) I have my final consults on the 28th, and they said that usualy they have people come in for surgery 2 weeks after that! So I'm pretty sure I will be joining up with the "May Flowers." ;) I'll be going to the Northwest Weight Loss Surgery center in Evrett WA. Anyone else being banded there in May?

Marine

May 2nd, 7:15.... am I the first May bandster? Lol lol lol... I second Magnificent Mays... :redface:

Yay... I can't wait to experience it all with you guys!

Allison - How was your appointment?

Mae and Crystal - I am so glad I don't have to do a liquid diet. I have a low carb diet to follow. I think I can manage to keep things under wraps following it. I have only told 5 people (including my DH) that I am getting lap band and one of them is not my dad who thinks I am supposed to go out to eat with him every Friday night.

WELCOME to all the new May Flowers!