Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for May

I think that the waiting is the BIGGEST test for us!!! I don't do a good job of waiting. Usually there isn't enough time in the day for me, but now it seems like May 1st will NEVER get here!!!

I am tentatively scheduled for May 1st in CT. I am WAITING for final insurance approval and can't think about anything else!! I will be a little less anxious when I get the final approval and it is "set in cement"

I am so ready to get going with this and get rid of my sleep apnea and diabetes!!!!

I am loving this website to keep me focused!!

My doctor does not require the 2 week liquid diet before the surgery, but I think that I am going to do it anyway. I feel that if I do it, I won't be AS hungry after the surgery. Also, shrinking the liver to make his job easier definitely appeals to me!!! :teeth_smile:

i was supposed to have my surgery on april 24th but because of school i had to change it so now ill be banded on may 26... yay for may! lol i cant wait im very anxious and want to start losing weight already

I'm in school too and therefore really would like to be banded towards the end of May, I'm taking summer classes too to catch up on a couple remedial math classes I had to take last year lol, and the summer classes start June 2nd.... so I have a really small window of time, although its taking so long to schedual everything I need to get done I'm starting to doubt I'll be able to schedual surgery for the end of May... sigh... wishing you luck!

Oh yeah where do you go to school?

Allison

i go to nassau community on long island... i graduate in may then im going to molloy... im going for teaching.... depending on how many app.s you have left you might be able to get it done if everything clears. i just cant waittttt to have it done ive never been thin my lowest weight was 187 when i was 17... so i cant wait to see what im going to look like lol

good luck with everything allison!

Hi to all May Bandsters!!! I just got scheduled this week for May 28, 2008!!!! I am a teacher and waiting to get out of school. YEA!!! I love the idea of May because then it will also be Summer freedom for me.....

Did you decide a name of not???..

Anyone else on the 28th?

I have my "class" on Wednesday 7:45 - 2:00 ...I should get the full scoop as they say

Welcome Amsderb! I am a teacher too! I teach 2nd graders. I was waiting until school was out, but I scheduled and then we had like 7 snow days so now my munchkins are going to have a sub for the last 3 days of school. I feel really bad about that, but there is nothing I can do to change it so we'll all survive. I plan to teach summer school starting on June 2nd, I hope I'm up for it.

I am actually going to school to be a teacher too. I want to be an art teacher for k-5. I'm in the second semester of my sophomore year and I'm not doing too hot. Having second thoughts I guess. Part of me just wants to transfer to a communtiy college and be a preschool teacher or something.

Allison - I have taught for 24 years and I don't know that I could do it again....My friend is an art teacher...she is worried that she will get cut this year from her job because our district is in a declining era....So, preschool???? If I were to give you advice I'd say, if you are planning on working with kids...then get the degree but not so narrow....be able to teach a classroom not just one subject. If you get a Junior college degree you will never have the earning potential as a 4 yr degree in teaching....If you stick with it, you can make a decent living....

Good Luck

In answer to those who are wondering why May not be the month for me, I have finally found someone with experience trying to use WW as part of their 6-month supervised diet (link to thread below).

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f8/bcbs-al-6-month-diet-question-54640/

Basically, though, I am going to keep my chin(s) :cursing: up and STILL file it and see what happens. I figure it could be worse...I could have insurance that doesn't cover it at all. *SIGH*

Thanks for your prayers, though, I will sure take 'em!! :tt1: Oh, and, of course, until I find out for sure, I will be checking in with you all and letting you know of my progress!!

APPROVED FOR MAY 1ST!!! :ohmy:

Sorry to be so obnoxious, but I am soooo happy!! I just got word this morning that I am approved for May 1st...

I can't wait!! I have a couple of pre-op appts. scheduled in April and then I go away for 9 days... May will be here before I know it!!

My dr. doesn't require a pre-op liquid diet, but I am going to do Herbalife anyway. If it helps to shrink the liver and make his job easier, then I'm there!! I might as well get used to the liquid diet anyway and shrink my stomach a bit!! :crying:

wow, awesome bandfan!!!! congrats on the date!!!!:crying:

Allison - I have taught for 24 years and I don't know that I could do it again....My friend is an art teacher...she is worried that she will get cut this year from her job because our district is in a declining era....So, preschool???? If I were to give you advice I'd say, if you are planning on working with kids...then get the degree but not so narrow....be able to teach a classroom not just one subject. If you get a Junior college degree you will never have the earning potential as a 4 yr degree in teaching....If you stick with it, you can make a decent living....

Thanks for the suggestions! I actually posted a thread about this a couple days ago. I think I am going to stick out the 4 year degree thing. I know there are a lot of schools cutting art though, but there is this whole super complicated, hard to get into program for elemetary classroom teachers where I go to school (my gpa isn't exactly close to the 3.2 you need to be accepted). It is a lot easier to get into elementary schools as a specials teacher (music, gym, art) and I really want to be in the elementary schools. I'll just stick it out for now...

On another note...!

I've been able to schedual most of my appointments, I just need to finish filling out the multitude of papers for the psych eval, mail them back, and then wait to hear from them. Once I have the psych eval date I'll schedual an appointment with the surgeon to go over everything so I can get in as early as possible. The surgeon said that if everything with insurance is fine (which he has illuded to it being fine) he scheduals surgery about 2 weeks after the meeting. If I'm doing my numbers right that looks like a day in May!!! I know a lot can change and go wrong until then, but I'm doing my best to be optimistic! :thumbup:

Allison

sendin' positive vibes your way girlie!!!!:)

I know a lot can change and go wrong until then, but I'm doing my best to be optimistic! :)

Allison

A lot can go right too!!! :smile:

Welcome Bandfan! GLaD You May-D it:lol:

Hey People...I love the Pun May-D it! Congrats bandfan I know how you feel...I was that excited last Tuesday too! I only wish mine was sooner but that was my choice.

I go for my pre-op class on Wednesday...should make me even more excited!

Allison....you sound like you have a plan so go for it...Best of Luck...we are all here cheering you on!!

Am I crazy...does anyone worry about catching a cold right before their date? I just want it here and to be healthy.....Take those Vitamins...if they will let me!