Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

29Feb - losingjusme's plastics day

Not to hijack C's thread even more, but re: old lady cleveage...

Lately my v-neck shirts have been getting to be a little TOO low cut as they get to be too big. Dh and I were joking around with the kids about mushrooms putting hair on your chest, or something. I said "I don't have hair on my chest" and tried to pull my shirt down a little bit just to show my upper chest. But, I forgot it was already down that far so ended up pulling it down WAY far. My 15 year old son is probably going to kill himself tonight. :thumbup:

the joys of plastics ...

before and 13 days post op

Are your incisions always red? Is that to be expected? And how about an update on the itch - still bad - or getting better? Love your pics. And all your posts too. Wishing you well. Kimberly

Are your incisions always red? Is that to be expected? And how about an update on the itch - still bad - or getting better? Love your pics. And all your posts too. Wishing you well. Kimberly

my belly button is still kinda pinky/red ... not as bright as it was on Thursday when he took the stitches out.

my incisions are looking pretty good .. the scabs are starting to come off really nicely and look great.

**sigh** the itch ... comes and goes ... mostly goes. some times are worse than others (like right now i was just really itchy along Lipo areas... i put some Aveeno cream on them and that pretty much stopped the itching) the rash is fading nicely, more very mild pink then screaming angry red like it was.

Looking GREAT!! Tell me what does DH think of the new belly button?? :tongue:

How are you feeling??

tee... ummm... i will post more about what DH thinks on my blog sometime soon. lets just say things are very very good. VERY good. he loves the new belly button ... :sneaky:

im feeling really good. i actually went on the treadmill today for a tad over an hour (1.15 miles :o) SOOOOOO very swollen. it looks pretty bizarre because its more or less localized to my left side ... i have this 'bump' where the swelling is ... thats what i get for not wearing compression while exercising ... :) now i know.

thanks Georgia ... think im gunna join you in the LC challenge soon... doc said as long as i eat plenty of veggies (salads are good) and keep my Protein up my diet isnt restricted... woooo hoooo!!

Great! I've found that is just about the only way I can do it. I'm not necessarily going to do Atkins, just lowER carb foods. I think we need to start a new thread just for low carbing, not just atkins. Glad things are going so well with you.........and hubby :o

LJM I had a problem awhile back with severe itching - no surgery involved. Try taking an antihistamine ie: clariton for a few days. That should help.

You are looking incredible. You certainly deserve to look as great as you feel. You should be very proud of yourself!!

im feeling really good. i actually went on the treadmill today for a tad over an hour (1.15 miles :() SOOOOOO very swollen. it looks pretty bizarre because its more or less localized to my left side ... i have this 'bump' where the swelling is ... thats what i get for not wearing compression while exercising ... :wink: now i know.

Good for you!!!!! I know your mission is exercise once your healed. Glad your up & moving and on the mend!!

Lulu

Good for you!!!!! I know your mission is exercise once your healed. Glad your up & moving and on the mend!!

Lulu

well, im still paying for the exercising... still a tad swollen, but not as bad as last night (i fit into my size 14 jeans although they were quite snug)... im wearing my binder now and its on as tight as i can tolerate it ...

my scabs are really coming off nicely and my scar looks really good (ok, despite the rash)...

LJM

I just wanted to thank you for being an inspiration to all of us and for being so generous in sharing your journey (the good and the bad). I haven't yet gotten up the nerve to post pictures of me with clothes on, yet I look for your pictures with anticipation, to see how much you have accomplished and how great you look.

I have a question for you (ok maybe I didn't just want to thank you) :rolleyes:. As you can see from my ticker, I weighed close to your starting weight, and when I look at your pictures, I see a lot of my own body (although I carried a lot more weight in my arms and with a stiff wind I could sail a boat with the flaps now hanging). Anyways, did your doctor tell you how much skin and fat he removed when he did your Tummy Tuck? I was kind of wondering how much weight I am carrying down there and I thought you might have a general idea of how much was taken away.

Thanks in advance and know that many of us wait for your posts!!

Reading in your blog.... and the PS doc I may consider ... says he throws in the mons lift too. He doesn't like the result without that added in. He says it makes the ladies who get it, VERY happy.

I hope all is well, even in swell hell.

The PS I chose after consultations, said the same thing about the mons lift, he said it is pretty much part of it in one surgery anymore, that those that opted against it are so unhappy about it, it almost always brings them back. He said it make a monumental difference. Sounds interesting!!!! LOL

Kat

my scar is looking really quite good if i do say so myself ... we took pics and i posted them on my blog. it isnt raised at all and im very pleased.

Reading in your blog.... and the PS doc I may consider ... says he throws in the mons lift too. He doesn't like the result without that added in. He says it makes the ladies who get it, VERY happy.

I hope all is well, even in swell hell.

things are ok ... today was probably the worst day i've had in a long time. my incision is very tight and pulling today, not sure if its due to the swelling or what. and we didnt really even do much today, not even the laundry that DH promised he'd do .. :mad2:

The PS I chose after consultations, said the same thing about the mons lift, he said it is pretty much part of it in one surgery anymore, that those that opted against it are so unhappy about it, it almost always brings them back. He said it make a monumental difference. Sounds interesting!!!! LOL

Kat

monumental would be a perfect word to describe it ... i cant imagine being relatively flat on the tummy side and having droopy down under ... ewwww