Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

29Feb - losingjusme's plastics day

LJM - how do you feel today? I am wondering how much time off work I would really need. I could easily take one whole week and then the 2nd week I'd probably have to pop in for a hour here and there but the 3rd week I'd be back to 40 hrs at a desk - think thats possible?

When I had my band done I was zonked for the first day, 2nd day I laid around, 3rd day I was up and moving and 4th day I went shopping - so I think I do pretty well with surgeries. I've had about 6 or 7 different surgeries and I was always up and around in no time at all but I'm worried that the tt might knock me down longer then I can handle - missing work that is.

You look wonderful and you are such an inspiration to so many people. Thank you for sharing with us.

I might have missed it if you talked about it earlier in the thread but did he do lypo too?

Christine,

I have been watching your progress and reading your blog since I first found this forum. I just figured it was time to say that you are awesome. I hope you know how many people here you have encouraged, inspired, and helped. Your authentic approach to sharing your story and your willingness to help newbies is "jusfantastic".

You look beautiful. That picture in the jeans - good grief, what a transformation.

And...thank you (I guess) for turning me on to the Half of Me blog. Although in my attempt to read all her freakin' hilarious archives in a few days, I am now physically attached to my laptop. My poor ignored hubby probably thinks, "oh, she's lost a few pounds, now she's on Match.com uploading her pictures."

hi Steph,

it looks like we're pretty similar with our surgery/recovery experiences. i had lap band on Monday, was zonked, Mon-Tues, but up by Wed afternoon. i could have gone to work Thursday, but took off the rest of the week.

this is a huge surgery. i had muscle repair and Lipo on my tummy (little bit), back and 'flanks'.. i see little improvement for the lipo, im hoping its just swelling. hoping hoping hoping. i had my plastics Friday, was mostly awake Sunday, Monday - Wed i was fully awake but needed to rest.

sooooo ... long story short, i need a full week and next week im going back 1/2 days. if i feel i can go full days next week or if i dont think i can do 1/2 days, my boss is OK with it.

Becca,

thanks... :crying: half of me is addicting! love her transformation!!!

losingjusme - your pic in jeans is just awesome! You are doing so great. How long before you go back for a fill?

And where is this Half of Me blog? I love reading other's success stories!

Thanks LJM - that answered alot of my questions! Whew! I can totally do 1/2 days at just about anytime. I don't actually have a "boss" so as long as I get my work done no one cares how much I'm here.

I guess I should fill you all in. I went to ps 2/25 - they submitted all the paper work to ins. co the 28th, I called my ins co this morning and they received everything on Monday 3/3 - they said normally they have an answer within 24 hrs but it could take up to a week. So I should know if I'm approved by next week. Then my fingers will be crossed as to when the doctor can do the surgery. I work at a golf course in PA so typically I go back to work full time April 1st (Nov - Mar I collect partial unemployment and work about 10 hrs a week so ideally it would have been great to have had it then). I feel like I need to get this done NOW otherwise I'll probably have to wait until Nov. to get the time off. Even if I get it done in April it shouldn't be too much of a problem taking one week and then 1/2 days, but by May theres no way I can do it, I'm the only office person and I am swamped during the season.

Everyone say a prayer for me. I dont' know if I'm expecting too much out of the surgeon by hoping he could do it so soon. But I'm hoping he is excited about it since I'm his first lapbander, he is actually consulting with my dr about everything. I'm even the going to be the first in my support group to get it done, so maybe he is thinking I'll be good advertising.

Oh another question for anyone who has had the tt - does it effect the port? I know its attached to the muscle and didn't know if it will protrude more or have to be revised.

Thanks again!

NO DRAINS FOR ME!!!!

that's one main reason i went with my surgeon. he uses progressive tension sutures (see his website North Dallas Plastic Surgery: Cosmetic Surgery in Dallas and Plano, TX for details)

and another great part of the progressive tensions, no bending/leaning over. i was 98% upright the day of surgery.

love love love love my doctor!!!

i know i posted somewhere else tonight that im a very ummm, annoyed-type, person.... meaning it doesnt take much to tick me off and i think i would have hung myself from the drains after a few hours. even the pain pump was a tad too much...

Thats what I want, No drains, I had 2 drains with my hysterectomy and I didn't care for them at all.... I told DH that I wanted to go to christines Ps , he said ok, Then I told him he was in Dallas, and he just rolled his eyes at me:rolleyes2:.. Hmmmmmm

Yep - thanks LJM for the link. I saved it in my favorites if/when I start considering plastics. Lord knows I could use them - just not sure that I can go through with it.

I don't gross out at that stuff - I love to watch surgery and medical shows. I just like the idea of standing upright and not pulling on the incision line!

Hope your swelling is doing better today LJM!!

wombat

Shalee - Tell him that there is some else that does the same technique, quilting stitches and preserves the lymphatic system - plus you get a week in hospital in the price.......... he's in Lyon in France!!! LMAO!!!

Losing - I have pm'd you hon

Nina x

StephC: How exciting for you! Hope you get the go ahead soon and your PS gets you right in. I think the anticipation is the hardest part. I'm only 3 days out, but I don't think I can go back to work for a couple weeks (maybe a few hours a day). Good luck!

nomore - thanks. :tt2: half of me blog is linked in my blog. not sure about a fill. i keep meaning to look at my belly for the port scar, but keep forgetting to... they did not touch the port itself, he was VERY careful with it..

Steph - that is great news!!! im so happy for you. i hope he can get you in soon!

Shalee - you could find a reasonable hotel close to the surgical center (we live in the area, but got a hotel anyway) ... stay maybe a week??? i feel like i could fly today if i had to...

wombat - this new garment appears to be helping with the swelling. i think i may just suck it up and get another one now cause im going to be wearing this pretty much 24/7.

nina - will resp soon.... :tongue:

karey - you doin better today?

Soooo.... How 'bout an update here? I've caught bits and pieces here and there, but wondering how you're feeling, and if that itching has calmed down??

Losing-you look phenomenal!! I am glad that you are doing so well-You are truly an inspiration-you should be so proud of your progress-I will continue to follow your story for inspiration in my journey.Stacy:)

well, i go get my stitches removed today at 4. NOT looking forward to that at all. i dunno what all needs to be removed, i was told most are disolvable. i know my belly button stitches are not... **shudder** the thought of them removing them just makes me kinda queasy. :grouphug:

my belly button is kinda almond shaped... i think i like it (or will once they take stiches out and get all the gunk out of it... they told me not to bother with it except washing with anti bac soap and Water and putting neosporin on it)

swelling looks pretty good today despite the fact that i was garment-less last night too.

anyone else's temperature fluctuate a lot?? i thought since i lost the belly that i'd be sooooo cold all the time, but its really weird. i get really warm then cool (not really cold), then warm and cool ... driving my DH batty cause i have the fan going at night and he gets frozen and i wake up with 4 layers of sheets/blankets on ...

im hoping that Dr. P will clear me for the treadmill today. even if i am going 1.5 MPH, that's better than nothing.