Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

29Feb - losingjusme's plastics day

Oh babes (((((hugs))))) and I have to say a WOOO Hooo that DH is being such a star!!!

I think this surgery is proving to be a great thing on many different levels for all of us, who would have thought that it could impact on so many areas of our lives, I know that my biggest wows have been about the way that I feel, NOT the way that I look if ya know what I mean!

Huge loves coming your way hon

Nina x

LJM, your post about your dh got to me. Today is mine and my dh's 14 year wedding anniversary, and I was just thinking earlier how much help he was to me when I had my lap band surgery, (and mine is the same as yours with the house, but I too digress) and how great it is to have someone to love me as unconditionally as he does. Including all my baggage.

Yes, I'd like to choke the life out of him sometimes, but isn't that just life? When I'm not entertaining thoughts of spouse-icide, and I really think about how lucky I am to have him, it's a little overwhelming.

I know none of that has anything to do with anything, but your post really tugged at my heart. Your dh sounds like a very good man.

I'm praying that you turn a corner and get to feeling a lot better VERY soon. And banish those freaking headaches!!

i truly love my DH with all my heart... he may say some stupid stuff every once in awhile (dont we all??) but he is f'ing phenominal....

quote]

GOSH LJM !!! I love your husband !!! :biggrin2:

also posted on blog....

so last night i was getting ready for the ordeal (formerly known as a shower). DH has to observe me to make sure i dont ohhh, pass out or something....

so my binder is off of me, laying in bed pretty much nude except for my 'wife beater' t-shirt that is basically covering the girls and not much else. and i start crying ... why??? many reasons i think.... im still REALLY swollen and basically just look fat... not huge fat, but fat none the less.... im not flat like the other pics i've seen x days post op... i knew that would more than likely happen, but did i have my expectations too high? did i want to be flat? you bet your ass i did... i wanted the perfect flat tummy that i've seen in so many pictures...

also, im concerned that my very dear DH has taken such great care of me (house is another matter, but i digress...) and seen me in such horrid ways and helped me dress my bandages (who am i kidding, he's done all the work)... that when it's time for him to stop being my caregiver and start being my husband and when the physical intimacy starts up, all he'll think about is how gross i looked X days post op and how the scabs looked and how horrid of a kendoll i had (have)... he wont see me as an intimate partner but as a patient... that really started the waterworks...

**sigh**

i shared this all with him (except the housework part...) and he truly is the best... he got me thinking why i wanted this tuck in the first place.... it wasnt to look perfect... it was to make my life easier and the looks part is a bonus. he made the best analogy too... he told me to think back about the band and when i first got it. did the band make me lose weight?? i told him of course it didnt.... it was a great tool to help me lose weight, but it wasnt the cure all.... he said i should approach my tuck as that same type of tool. a catalyst to help me finish my journey. we talked about my goals and why i truly wanted plastics and he helped set things in perspective for me...

i truly love my DH with all my heart... he may say some stupid stuff every once in awhile (dont we all??) but he is f'ing phenominal....

revised goals:

goal weight is now 160 instead of 180

run the Disney marathon in Jan 2009 (along with probably walking Minnie in May 2008)

when able to exercise, PUSH it like i never knew was possible

be happy with the results i have so far, they are more than likely temporary and will need a revision, but that's OK...

LJM...your DH sounds like he loves the heck out of you. I can speak from experience on the intimacy after him seeing you with all your cuts and such. I had two major surgeries and after getting home from the hospital, needed help with almost everything. My DH had to do things for me that I don't even like to do for myself, if you get my drift. Totally embarrassed and wondered how he could look at me the same after it was all over and healed. Well, good news! Everything was just fine in the intimacy department. When someone loves you, they will do whatever it takes. This is just a bump in the road on your travels with him. Just look forward to the days when this is all behind you. You have been down a very long road and I can only speak for myself but I am very impressed by everything you have done for yourself (and to share it with the rest of us is truly wonderful). Hang in there and hope your your symptoms subside soon.

Christine, your DH loves you for you. He is there in sickness and health. He wants what is going to make you happy. He will love you no matter what. Has he seen you at your worrst, probably yes, and soon when the time is right he will see you at your best, he will NOT see you as the patient, but as his beautiful loving awsome wife... Just think how much better things are going to be for you, like running your marathon, hell running in general will be 100 % different and better.

My DH told me he married me fat, and he doesn't care if were to stay fat, BUT he knows that I want/ NEED to be thinner and HEALTHIER, and thats what matters to him, Healthier so that I will be around to drive him nuts for the next 50 years. And the intimate part of life is already getting better, I don't feeli like I am smothering him,,,hehehhe

Great Big HUGS to you and when your swelling goes down you are going to be happy with your results, you are going to look so awsome.

I could never understand why my husband would want to have sex after watching me give birth. lol

Could never understand why I could ever want to have sex again with my husband after watching him JUST STANDING THERE DOING NOTHING while I was giving birth!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbdown:

yeah, he's really special... i lurve him!! :):wub:

TG - happy anniversary!!! :)

i tried on 'real' clothes today.. well, pants anyway. i've been lounging in my old navy pants since Sunday. they didnt stay on long, but i know what i'll wear tomorrow to my post op.

pics are attached of course

Could never understand why I could ever want to have sex again with my husband after watching him JUST STANDING THERE DOING NOTHING while I was giving birth!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

That made me literally laugh out loud.

Looking great! :)

thanks! i've never had a pair of pats fit in the waist and be big in the hips!! :)

cant wait for my waist to return to normal (then smaller :))

LJM,

You are a warrior, a true warrior. I just have to tell you that! I'm overwhelmed with emotion after reading your long post about "intimacy" issues. I need to gather my thoughts....:)

the past several days (since Sunday maybe) i've had severe headaches while sleeping. make me want to throw up severe.

the only thing that really knocks out headaches for me is Aleve and thats on the medicine nono list. i truly want to hurl.

lst night i took 3 tylenol pm ... they knocked me out but i still got that incredible headache. i dont know what im going to do.

i cant think i cant concentrate on anything more than a couple of minutes.

thereare pm's i want to respond to and i just cant and i feel horrible. :)

please just know if you sent me a PM adn i havent responded its not cause i dint want to. just cant think ...

c

Christine,

Did you dring coffee before your PS and now you're off of it? I know when I quit caffeine quite quickly the pain was excruciating! Just a thought ??

Renee

also posted on blog....

so last night i was getting ready for the ordeal (formerly known as a shower). DH has to observe me to make sure i dont ohhh, pass out or something....

so my binder is off of me, laying in bed pretty much nude except for my 'wife beater' t-shirt that is basically covering the girls and not much else. and i start crying ... why??? many reasons i think.... im still REALLY swollen and basically just look fat... not huge fat, but fat none the less.... im not flat like the other pics i've seen x days post op... i knew that would more than likely happen, but did i have my expectations too high? did i want to be flat? you bet your ass i did... i wanted the perfect flat tummy that i've seen in so many pictures...

also, im concerned that my very dear DH has taken such great care of me (house is another matter, but i digress...) and seen me in such horrid ways and helped me dress my bandages (who am i kidding, he's done all the work)... that when it's time for him to stop being my caregiver and start being my husband and when the physical intimacy starts up, all he'll think about is how gross i looked X days post op and how the scabs looked and how horrid of a kendoll i had (have)... he wont see me as an intimate partner but as a patient... that really started the waterworks...

**sigh**

i shared this all with him (except the housework part...) and he truly is the best... he got me thinking why i wanted this tuck in the first place.... it wasnt to look perfect... it was to make my life easier and the looks part is a bonus. he made the best analogy too... he told me to think back about the band and when i first got it. did the band make me lose weight?? i told him of course it didnt.... it was a great tool to help me lose weight, but it wasnt the cure all.... he said i should approach my tuck as that same type of tool. a catalyst to help me finish my journey. we talked about my goals and why i truly wanted plastics and he helped set things in perspective for me...

revised goals:

goal weight is now 160 instead of 180

run the Disney marathon in Jan 2009 (along with probably walking Minnie in May 2008)

when able to exercise, PUSH it like i never knew was possible

be happy with the results i have so far, they are more than likely temporary and will need a revision, but that's OK...

I had to wipe a tear from my eye, he is SOOOOO SWEET!! You're one lucky woman..:)

yeah, he's really special... i lurve him!! :):wub:

TG - happy anniversary!!! :)

i tried on 'real' clothes today.. well, pants anyway. i've been lounging in my old navy pants since Sunday. they didnt stay on long, but i know what i'll wear tomorrow to my post op.

pics are attached of course

YOU LOOK SOOO GOOD, I am so happy for you. I REALLY want PS, but part of me feels like it is selfish to use so much money on my Looks, but if money were readily available, I would soooo jump on the PS wagon. I am so happy you had such a great opportunity to be able to do this for yourself and you look great, I know you have a long road ahead of you still healing wise, but you already look Wonderful....so smooth and slimmer and those jeans look so great on you Christine, you are going to walk so proud and beautiful wearing those....:)